Kevin Meunier Colors

Richard

Does anyone else have the Kevin Meunier restoration of the Conver Tarot de Marseille? It probably would be my favorite such deck were it not for the fact that the beige background color seems almost oppressively dark, much darker than appears on Meunier's web site and YouTube video. I can't seem to elicit comments on this. Anyone?

gregory

I have it; I love it - and it really doesn't seem that dark...

conversus

This is a deck I hope to purchase in a second edition. The lines are fine. The colors are deep. The mottely background is unfortunate. The card-stock is thin and the individual cards try to stick together in the hand.

That said, the images are lovely, full of humor, and inviting. Thank you, LRichard, for cluing me into this very interesting deck!

CED

Richard

This is a deck I hope to purchase in a second edition. The lines are fine. The colors are deep. The mottely background is unfortunate. The card-stock is thin and the individual cards try to stick together in the hand.

That said, the images are lovely, full of humor, and inviting. Thank you, LRichard, for cluing me into this very interesting deck!

CED

You are welcome, conversus. The cards in my deck stick together too. Putting powder on them helped for a while, but now they are sticking again.

Emily

I just took delivery of this deck and now it is going back. I don't know whether I just ended up with a bad deck but it is so flawed that it is unusable. I have never said this about a deck before, it's the first time that I have ever had to send a deck back and I am so disappointed.

It came sticky, which was what I expected because of reading this thread, but as I went through it, carefully peeling each card from each other, I came to the Wand 8 nearly torn in half. I placed this card to the side and carried on, next card, a big crease down the middle and then another that had a large hair across the card and under the laminate.

I knew then that I wouldn't be keeping it so put the deck back together to put in the box then something strange also caught my eye - it was the cornering on the deck. Three corners were perfectly rounded but the top right corner looked off, so off that when I turned the deck around half the cards had no rounded corners and instead just had square points'

I liked the colouring of this deck and how the figures were drawn but I'm not sure if I like it enough to get another copy.

Did I end up with a rogue deck or have others had problems too?