Shadowscapes has arrived!!!

canid

I just ordered it from her website so she'll get some credit. It'll be here Weds., & I can't wait! From what everyone's been saying, it's even more vibrant & gorgeous than the images on her website.

Dusk Till Dawn

I got mine today, and I really like it. I love those borders, which are not to much. I might be getting that book for it too. I don't think it's like the Paulina. I also like the Paulina, but they are totally different, I don't think that it is to clutterd for my Taste.I didn't have the time to look at each card closely yet, but it is surely a nice surprise.

cardlady22

Last night, I snagged my copy from a book chain store here. Thank you, Llewellyn, for going with an outer box that I can collapse down for storage!

I've slowly turned my way through the deck 3 times now. Quite surprised by the cards that make me stop and look some more:
Nine of Wands- He sits, but you can see/feel the rest of the riders moving. Is he remembering it, or is he content to let them continue on without him?
ETA: just read the book description- Sentinels standing ~ why did mine move? :bugeyed:
Eight of Cups- Love her angler fish lure! It seems to have mesmerized her and she sweeps past in a whooosh.
Five of Swords- The black used here really creates a feeling of difference. Not the usual circumstance or pattern.
Nine of Pentacles- This one has a deeply personal connection for me. In times of pain or sorrow, my mother would retreat into her music and receive/create the Peace she needed.

Starlight23

I just got this deck too and it is absolutely gorgeous. Being fairly new I had no idea it was a new release I was just drawn to it. The colors and scenery is beautiful and i absolutely love it.

canid

The 9 of Pents is my favorite card & you're right, Cardlady, it is awesome. It doesn't give me the same memories as you but this card even endears me more to it than usual. I play piano & flute & I keep looking for that flute lying there on the piano. It's there, I know it is...

No, I haven't gotten the deck yet but I'm familiarizing myself with Stephanie's website.

Silver Crow

Mine just arrived - WOOT! It's lovely and has a wonderful vibe to it. I will start playing with it tonight when it's quiet in the house. The artwork is lovely though and not at all too busy for the size. Two thumbs up for sure.

canid

Silver Crow said:
Mine just arrived - WOOT! It's lovely and has a wonderful vibe to it. I will start playing with it tonight when it's quiet in the house. The artwork is lovely though and not at all too busy for the size. Two thumbs up for sure.

What are the dimensions?

Silver Crow

The size of the cards are 7 x 12cm. It's actually a little shy of 12cm's though. The deck is 2 1/2 cm thick. They have a lovely metallic silver border that I won't be trimming, even though I trim most of my decks.

I hope this helps.

SphinYote

Another positive to consider:

One of the major fears I've noticed in other threads is the loss of detail when shrinking her art to card size.

There is some, but it is a lot less than one might expect.

Why?

The print resolution is higher than your average deck.

One of the things I find most distracting about almost any deck is that I can see the little printing dots, especially when I take my glasses off for a closer look at some detail or another. With or without my glasses I can still see them.

With this deck, I have to look very closely, without my glasses, and in the right lighting, to be able to see those dots.

So, I was very pleased with that.

The only loss I saw was a very faint fuzziness in some of the smaller details, and I suspect that only those of us who have looked over the larger versions of the online art would even notice that, and you kind of have to look for it, it doesn't stand out.

I've only looked at my copy very briefly so far, but I like what I've seen.

Silver Crow

Another thing I noticed in other threads that was totally not an issue when I received it in person was the colors. The colors of the suits seem a bit more vibrant in person and easy to distinguish when reading.

I'm also not a faerie fan at all. I'm not into the fantasy thing really and neither is my family. When I showed my husband the deck, I commented these were faerie type folk and he gave me a funny look and said they looked more like dream people. (I wanna see my husbands dreams!! lol)

I love that I'm attracted to a deck that I normally wouldn't give a second look.

I just moved this set into my top five sets category. :)