Minchiate

Le Fanu

Pipistrelle is right (and assuming amazon is), there is a deck only edition listed as coming out on May 26th and a "Hardcase Kit" coming out in September. I suspect the September release date on the Llewellyn site may be for this. Or it may be that in Europe we tend to get the LoS releases quicker, while you (as in, you in the U.S) get the U.S Games decks quicker. So we might get it in May and you in September. But I'm speculating here. I think it is much more likely to be a case of deck vs kit

Looking at the images, it looks to me as if the borders have been straightened up and cleaned up. The original LoS release (which never had multi-lingual borders by the way) was a bit fuzzy - especially Justice - and I feel certain that they will see this release as a chance to rectify that.

I have the LoS edition (with the King of Coins on the box) and the LoS/Fabbri/Orbis edition (with Fortuna on the red box). Both of them have out of focus cards, which I'm sure will be changed in the new edition. I wonder why LoS decided to reissue this? Of course it is a good thing; I want to see the Minchiate embraced more by tarot fans, brought into the mainstream and seen as a valid reading deck. But I'm curious as to their decision. Their decks go OOP and this is the first deck to go OOP and then to be reissued again (to my knowledge). Are there that many people clamouring for it? I hope so. I shall be buying a copy for comparison purposes. I'd prefer to get the kit set as the book itself may well be useful.

Debra

Some of us told Ric (on *ahem* another forum) how much we appreciate the LS historical decks. Perhaps this has something to do with it.

Cerulean

I thought thr kit edition with book was Sept.

I thougjht I saw deck only recently in the new box but did not even think to compare with an old LS small deck.

I wonder if the leaflet is different.

I w ould enjoy a booklet.

Cerulean

Debra said:
Looks like a Minchiate coming from Lo Scarabeo in the fall of this year.
http://www.llewellyn.com/product.php?ean=9780738731049

I want to say it's a re-issue of a deck they've presented before, but I don't trust my memory.

shadowomyn

I preordered this from Amazon on May 7. I thought the deck listed as coming out in May was a mistake and didn't pay any attention to it.

It's nice to have accidently ordered the correct version. :grin:

Pipistrelle

Okay...

There is only one version listed in the 2011 LS catalogue. It is described as having "instructions" and a "hard box". If they were planning a deck and book set it would be listed separately.

Sorry for any confusion.

Pipistrelle

Duplicate post.

Pipistrelle

Le Fanu said:
Pipistrelle is right (and assuming amazon is), there is a deck only edition listed as coming out on May 26th and a "Hardcase Kit" coming out in September. I suspect the September release date on the Llewellyn site may be for this. Or it may be that in Europe we tend to get the LoS releases quicker, while you (as in, you in the U.S) get the U.S Games decks quicker. So we might get it in May and you in September. But I'm speculating here. I think it is much more likely to be a case of deck vs kit.
The US do get LS decks later than Europe, via Llewellyn. Amazon.co.uk tend to list both the European release and the Llewellyn one, as they have different ISBNs.

Nina*

Pipistrelle said:
The US do get LS decks later than Europe, via Llewellyn. Amazon.co.uk tend to list both the European release and the Llewellyn one, as they have different ISBNs.
Ok... and now the most important stuff: when will YOU have it, you think? :D

Lord Adonia

I am glad they are releasing the Ancient Minchiate Etruria.

Lo Scarabeo has been disappointing in not producing new fascimiles of historical decks. I can understand historical decks may not sell well since there needs to be pictures of people in the pip cards. Lo Scarabeo usually mass produces their flavor of the month decks with comic book art. I was very disappointed with their 'Golden Dawn' deck.

I am glad and hope there will be no multi-lingual borders. They ruined their editions of the Tarot of Marseille with this along with many other decks with this unnecessary annoyance. If the historical deck is French keep the French titles.

I ordered the old edition Ancient Minchiate Etruria they did back in 2003-4. I had to take it back because one of the cards was missing. I complained and received a replacement.

If they did clean this up and 'improved' the graphics, this might be great or might look worse. Lo Scarabeo instruction books are usually disappointing, hopefully this edition might be an improvement.

firecatpickles

I'm pretty sure what my partner preordered was the boxed-set. It isn't available here until September. I didn't know there was one available the end of May :bugeyed:

But to be honest this thread is confusing the $#!+ outta me :neutral: