Horary Readings Round 8 - Answers

Minderwiz

Ronia help

Hi Minderwiz and Happy New year!

I need your help on a chart. The question was "Will anything romantic happen between me and D.?" Cast on December 31, 2015, at 15:02, in Toronto.

I am Mercury in last degree of Capricorn, in the 9th (I know what that means and it is correct), not in my best shape dignities wise but at least in a good house. The man is Jupiter, in my sign and terms, clearly interested, in the 5th which is appropriate if he is interested and I am in him too.

The two significators had a trine but separated. I'm a bit puzzled by what this could mean. One possibility is that we met a while ago, since then we've spoken on work matters a couple of times. What interests me more is the Moon as she is the only one who can provide an applying aspect of any kind at this point in this chart by translation of light. And she does! She separated from a conjunction with Jupiter (him) and is applying by a trine to Mercury (me)! Lily requires Jupiter to had accepted the Moon and this wouldn't have happened as she is in no dignities of Jupiter but I've never taken this particular requirement very seriously. Mercury will accept the Moon as she is applying from his own sign. I also checked the ephemeris and the trine will perfect before Mercury moves into Aquarius.

I guess my question is have I really met someone finally? Is it going to work out?

Thank you.

I agree with your analysis but I have some reservations :(

I ran your chart through Solar Fire's Horary Page (see attachment)

Firstly it came up with two considerations. The Moon is slow, but perhaps more importantly Saturn is conjunct the Descendant (although on the sixth house side, it is within five degrees of the Descendant), so that raises the issue of a misreading by the Astrologer (us)

Secondly both primary significators, Mercury and Jupiter are slow and heading for their Station Retrograde. Mercury is down to 44 minutes a day, and Jupiter just over 1 minute. At the very best this suggest that things will not happen quickly and there may be delays (the Moon is slow too).

So there's a possibility of the perfection metaphorically running out of steam. It might lead to an initial date or two but it might not last. Now I put that as a 'possibility' and no stronger. The consideration of Saturn on the Descendant means that my judgement is threatened, just as much as yours.

Personally, I'd say that you've nothing to lose by seeing if there's anything in it. If it fizzles out after a couple of dates, there's nothing lost and there's the chance that your initial reading will actually come into effect and the relationship will be of much longer duration. Go for it!

Attachments

• Ronia D Page.jpg
    Ronia D Page.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 113

CosmicBeing

The Chart cast has Cancer rising, making your significator the Moon. She is placed in the eighth house of Aquarius. This isn't a good placement by house, as the eighth is one of the four houses (2nd, 6th, 8th and 12th) that are not seen as conducive to business. It's not the best place from which to focus on your career.

The better news is that the Moon is in its own Decan, so it does have some Essential Dignity and even better it is making two useful aspects. The first is to the MC by conjunction. This requires the Moon to change signs into Pisces but that requires a move of only 8 degrees to achieve the conjunction, much less than a day's travel.

The second aspect is a trine to Mars, ruler of the tenth house of Aries. Mars is placed in its own house of Scorpio and the distance to the Trine is ten degrees, again much less than a day's travel and well within the Hellenistic orb of the Moon, which was 13 degrees (its average daily travel). As above, the perfection of this aspect requires the Moon to change signs.

So I think the prospects for career are quite good. There is change on the way and that change must be completed first, but thereafter there should be positive developments in your career.

Finance, at least in terms of income, is a second house matter, and the second is ruled by the Sun. The Sun is angular in the seventh house (Capricorn) and in his own Decan. Again there is essential dignity but not great dignity. There is a mutally applying trine with Jupiter, the benefic of the chart. Don't expect too much from that aspect as Jupiter is Retrograde in the sign of its Detriment. and that will greatly weaken the good that it can do.

So Finance is more problematical. The Sun does rule the Lot of Fortune, so you might have some luck on your side but it doesn't promise a huge improvement in your circumstances, rather its a very modest improvement. The Sun is also in mutual application to Mercury, ruler of the Lot of Spirit. This Lot has special signification for career and social action. It signifies the way that you can influence your environment and your circumstances by your own efforts. So you are very likely to have to be ready to act on your own behalf here. A new or improved career isn't just going to fall into your lap, it will have to be worked for.

Put in the effort and things should work out favourably.

Thank you for the reading. I have no job at the moment. I was going to do little jobs here and there...maybe do some community work (work with children) for extra reference.

It will probably take me another year after a bunch of certification and more studies before I can get something in my own studies. But, it be just an internship...(career)

As long as a little money comes into my world. I am perfectly okay with that lol Better that than no money earned.(Finances)

So 6 months is like January 13th to july 13th....

I am taking the Mercury, Lot of spirit... as telling me to network when it talks of influencing my own environment.

I figured not much money. Still trying to figure out where to go financially... so i might just bringing in small amount of money.

But, I definitely need to get more certifications for my career...going to take a little time to get my career going.

Well thank you again for taking time to cast this :) It's good if i put in the work, i can bring favorable changes.

*I was sitting in bed today and I was like... i really don't want to go to that meeting tonight but it's networking and a chance for me to volunteer with fellow women with similar studies of mine. -- Guess i should when mercury told me so lol*

Ronia

I agree with your analysis but I have some reservations :(

I ran your chart through Solar Fire's Horary Page (see attachment)

Firstly it came up with two considerations. The Moon is slow, but perhaps more importantly Saturn is conjunct the Descendant (although on the sixth house side, it is within five degrees of the Descendant), so that raises the issue of a misreading by the Astrologer (us)

Secondly both primary significators, Mercury and Jupiter are slow and heading for their Station Retrograde. Mercury is down to 44 minutes a day, and Jupiter just over 1 minute. At the very best this suggest that things will not happen quickly and there may be delays (the Moon is slow too).

So there's a possibility of the perfection metaphorically running out of steam. It might lead to an initial date or two but it might not last. Now I put that as a 'possibility' and no stronger. The consideration of Saturn on the Descendant means that my judgement is threatened, just as much as yours.

Personally, I'd say that you've nothing to lose by seeing if there's anything in it. If it fizzles out after a couple of dates, there's nothing lost and there's the chance that your initial reading will actually come into effect and the relationship will be of much longer duration. Go for it!

Hi Minderwiz, thank you for taking the time!

To be honest, I personally take planets 3 degrees or closer to the cusp as next house, which is why I didn't bother about Saturn. But, of course, we'll know in the future if I was right to do so or indeed, he was 7th house and clouded my judgement.

My main question was if the Moon alone would be enough to bring perfection and looking at your answer, if we ignore Saturn and the speed for a moment, that she would be. I also see how the slow speed of the planets may mean slow development (if any) - we are working together on a project. Neither he nor I would, while working together, pursue any personal relationship, that would be highly unprofessional and not looked at well in our field. Therefore, if anything happens, it would be further down the road, may be months from now.

I shall try though. You are right, I have nothing to lose. :) And will report back.

Minderwiz

Reading for winter garden

Hello Minderwiz,

If this thread is still open may I please ask a question, I'm wondering whether I will enter any romantic relationships during the next three months?

Blessings,
WG

The chart cast has Cancer rising, making your significator the Moon. This is placed in the eleventh house, a strong placement, and in Taurus, it's exaltation. So you are in a situation where you have the power and the opportunity to influence the outcome.

You mention romantic relationships and there are generally two kinds that I get asked about. The first is long term relationships, that are akin to marriage. The second are shorter term or less involved relationships more akin to a romance that lasts a few months or so.

I should have asked you to specify but as it's easy to look at both, that's what I will do. I'll start with the long term relationship.

That is a seventh house issue and that means looking at that house and the planets in it. The seventh is ruled by Saturn, which is placed in ths sixth house of Sagittarius. There's no major aspect between Saturn and the Moon, so no sign of them indicating a long term relationship.

However there are two planets in the seventh, Mercury and the Sun. Both of these are in a trine relationship to the Moon, However that trine is a wides separation and most Medieval to Modern Astrologers would use 6 to 10 degrees. Anything beyond that would be seen as out of orb. In this case the separation of Moon to Mercury (the nearest of the two) is just over 14 degrees.

So there's no applying aspect between the two. Even if there were, the Moon's next aspect is an opposition to Mars at 7 degrees Scorpio. So I think a long term relationship is very unlikely.

However whilst the opposition to Mars closes the door to a long term relationship it's not all negative. Mars rules the fifth house and is placed in it. The fifth relates to romance in the sense of short term relationships. So we have a chance of a short term relationship. The problem is that an opposition usually means that when you get what you're looking for, it turns out to be not what you want.

That Moon and Mars are in great essential dignity (exaltation and rulership) and the axis here is one ruled by Venus and Mars, to natural symbols of Woman and Man. Also Moon is in the domicile, triplicity and terms of Venus and Mars is in the triplicity and terms of Venus. Venus is a natural significator of relationships.

That being said, it's not going to be a 'done deal' to get a romance going. There will be great difficulties and you will need to act. Luckily the other party's signifcator is in a similar situation and offer the chance that both of you will act to bring about a short term romance.

If any opposition is likely to deliver, this would be it. But I repeat, it's not a guarantee. Nevertheless it's a lot better than nothing.

Attachments

• Winter_garden.jpg
    Winter_garden.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 111

winter garden

The chart cast has Cancer rising, making your significator the Moon. This is placed in the eleventh house, a strong placement, and in Taurus, it's exaltation. So you are in a situation where you have the power and the opportunity to influence the outcome.

You mention romantic relationships and there are generally two kinds that I get asked about. The first is long term relationships, that are akin to marriage. The second are shorter term or less involved relationships more akin to a romance that lasts a few months or so.

I should have asked you to specify but as it's easy to look at both, that's what I will do. I'll start with the long term relationship.

That is a seventh house issue and that means looking at that house and the planets in it. The seventh is ruled by Saturn, which is placed in ths sixth house of Sagittarius. There's no major aspect between Saturn and the Moon, so no sign of them indicating a long term relationship.

However there are two planets in the seventh, Mercury and the Sun. Both of these are in a trine relationship to the Moon, However that trine is a wides separation and most Medieval to Modern Astrologers would use 6 to 10 degrees. Anything beyond that would be seen as out of orb. In this case the separation of Moon to Mercury (the nearest of the two) is just over 14 degrees.

So there's no applying aspect between the two. Even if there were, the Moon's next aspect is an opposition to Mars at 7 degrees Scorpio. So I think a long term relationship is very unlikely.

However whilst the opposition to Mars closes the door to a long term relationship it's not all negative. Mars rules the fifth house and is placed in it. The fifth relates to romance in the sense of short term relationships. So we have a chance of a short term relationship. The problem is that an opposition usually means that when you get what you're looking for, it turns out to be not what you want.

That Moon and Mars are in great essential dignity (exaltation and rulership) and the axis here is one ruled by Venus and Mars, to natural symbols of Woman and Man. Also Moon is in the domicile, triplicity and terms of Venus and Mars is in the triplicity and terms of Venus. Venus is a natural significator of relationships.

That being said, it's not going to be a 'done deal' to get a romance going. There will be great difficulties and you will need to act. Luckily the other party's signifcator is in a similar situation and offer the chance that both of you will act to bring about a short term romance.

If any opposition is likely to deliver, this would be it. But I repeat, it's not a guarantee. Nevertheless it's a lot better than nothing.

Thank you, Minderwiz - it was absolutely fascinating reading all of this. I must profess that my knowledge of Astrology is confined to the most basic concepts, so it's taking me a little while to get my head around how complex it can actually be. It's nice to note that with the Moon as my significator placed in its specific position here that I will have some control over the outcome of my romantic life; it feels like some of that personal power has been taken away from me of late, so this would mean a significant improvement even if it does not result in a long term romance. I actually can't really imagine a long term relationship with anyone developing in the next three months, so I would guess that the chart is rather accurate in that regard. I've actually been single for over five and a half years now, and only in the last year have I developed any genuine interest in engaging in matters of the heart once again.

One thing I didn't specify in my original question is that I am a woman who is primarily interested in women, but I'm not sure if that has any impact upon the Mars and Venus you've spoken of here? I was imagining that these symbols may allow for various interpretations regarding gender? I apologise if my failure to declare my sexuality has caused an issue with your reading of the chart cast.

I'll certainly give you an update on the situation after the three months have passed, but I feel that your reading is accurate and there is unlikely to be anything evolving in the romantic arena for me over the next short period of time :)

Minderwiz

One thing I didn't specify in my original question is that I am a woman who is primarily interested in women, but I'm not sure if that has any impact upon the Mars and Venus you've spoken of here? I was imagining that these symbols may allow for various interpretations regarding gender? I apologise if my failure to declare my sexuality has caused an issue with your reading of the chart cast.

I don't think it would make a significant difference unless you were primarily concerned with a platonic friendship rather than a relationship which you hope would go beyond even good friendship.

Minderwiz

Reading for Mahafrins

I just want to know if you see me get a new job in this month or the next?

The chart cast has Aries rising, making your significator Mars. He is placed in Scorpio, where he has dignity through Rulership and Face or Decan. The trouble is that Scorpio is also the eighth house and so unfortunate, or at least not conducive to business and business is just what you are looking for.

The job is symbolised by the ruler of the tenth. Lord 10 is Saturn and Saturn is placed in Sagittarius, where it is Peregrine but well placed in the ninth house.

The problem is that there's no aspect forming between Mars and Saturn, so we have to look elsewhere to see if there's a solution.

The Moon is the next thing we look at, She is in Gemini and also peregrine. She's in the third and her last aspect was an opposition to Saturn, but her next planetary aspect is a square to Jupiter, Retrograde in the sixth. There's no aspect to Mars, although there is a weak mutual reception by triplicity and Face between the two but this isn't enough to bring about the matter without a good aspect.

Looking at the chart, apart from Mars, all the other planets are peregrine except for the Sun, which is in its own Face. With such low dignity and Mars being in the eighth, I just don't see the job coming off. Sorry that I can't be more helpful.
Sadly there's no connections via antiscia. So there's no

Attachments

• Mahafrins Jan 2016.jpg
    Mahafrins Jan 2016.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 102

Minderwiz

Reading for Bonny

Hi Minderwiz,

May I have a general view of my personal prospects over the year please?

Brightest blessings,

B:)

General readings in Horary are different from those in Natal Astrology, they can give a general picture of your condition and perhaps some indication of areas of life that are likely to be prominent but they can't provide any timing mechanism beyond the self selected time period. I don't do many, of these, mainly because I don't get a lot of requests but also because I'm not sure that horary works as well at the general level. What it can do is to give an indication of your state of health during the year and the areas of life that are best addressed to get the most out of the year.

The chart I cast has Pisces rising, making your significator, Jupiter. Jupiter stands for you, your health and general wellbeing. It is angular in the seventh house, but it is in it's own Detriment and it is Retrograde. That suggests that you will find it difficult to pursue your goals during the year. There's every chance you will be diverted from them or find it hard to be consistent. This might also apply to your health during the year, though I feel it's more achieving your own targets that will bring problems, not health as such.

The two key areas of your life for the year seem to be a long term relationship and your career (Jupiter rules the tenth and the MC). These look like they could be the main areas of difficulties. Saturn sits in your tenth house of career and is in a mutually applying square with Jupiter, so delays, difficulties and obstacles will need to be addressed. This aspect is not wholly bad. Firstly because it's Jupiter who will dominate Saturn, rather than the otherway around (the square in the order of signs is stronger than that against the order) and secondly because there is Reception between Saturn and Jupiter, so I don't think that the difficulties and obstacles are insurmountable but you will have to work to minimise their effects.

Given the square to and from Saturn, you may find these difficulties intrude into both areas of life, but in both cases you will eventually overcome them.

Attachments

• Bonny Jan 2016.jpg
    Bonny Jan 2016.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 108

Bonny

Hi Minderwiz,

Very interesting!
When casting the chart, do you need to place which hemisphere I am in? As in, I am in Australia and I notice you have UK on the chart?
Great to hear that my challenges are surmountable!

Blessings,

B:)

Etene

I am in Australia and I notice you have UK on the chart?
Horary charts are drawn for the astrologer, not the querent, upon the event of receiving the question.