Seven of Cups

krysia322

Although, it just occurred to me that the shrouded figure in this card is posed in a classic "Jesus" manner (holy aura and all) --- looks like a representative of either Easter ("He has Risen") due to the shroud, or could be "The Second Coming" definition... perhaps a reversal and/or the surrounding cards would further define.

Hm... I've never thought of it that way...

Teheuti

I usually ask querents what the images suggest to them and then which one they are most drawn to and which one scares them the most. I may also ask what the figure in black wants or what s/he is going to do. The answers to these questions usually make totally clear what this card represents in the reading.

One woman said the veiled figure was exactly the same as a being in a recent, extremely terrifying, nightmare. I knew the querent well and asked if she would be willing to go back into the dream and face the figure. She did, and it turned out to be a young, male (animus) aspect of herself that felt it was imperative to help her at this time, but whom she repeatedly denied and rejected. "He" was able to give his message and offer his help in a way that she could finally hear and even welcome. In fact, it constituted a major breakthrough for her.

Warning: I rarely go this deeply into a person's psyche, but this was someone with whom I'd already done a lot of magical work - as equals. We had a strong trust bond and had traveled inner pathways before together. From this experience and others, I've learned to be very respectful of that veiled figure, as I've discovered that its true meaning is something that only the person themselves can discover - when and if it is the right time to do so. In other words, I never force the issue with this card, but find out what most draws (or repels) the querent. Seeking the truth that lies behind the 7 of Cups illusion can be tricky work.

Sometimes an interest in the veiled figure can simply indicate being drawn to spiritual matters over worldly goods and abilities, but I never assume that this choice is "better" than the others for any particular person/situation.