my gold cats have arrived!!!!

Diseree

Today, gold cat has arrived! It is so gorgeous! Its color is more brilliant than the first edition. I love both, first edition and gold edition.

Extra card 'TAROT READER' is mysterious. It gives me imagination.

shadowomyn

I just received this deck today (USPS left a note yesterday, but I called them and convinced them to bring it today :cool2: ). I've only looked at each card once (so far), but my immediate reaction is that I like the card stock. For awhile I was afraid that it might turn out to be too thick, but I think it's just fine. Also, there seems to be more gold in this than in the Victorian Romantic, but it's not overwhelming and is restrained. I also like the changes made to the cards - it really is like having an entirely different deck. And it's going to look pretty darn swell in my swanky new Tarot Reader bag. :)

(BTW, I also received my replacement card for the 10 of wands from the GVR - Thank you!)

As an aside, my sharpei - who loves to chase and sniff cats who foolishly climb over the fence into my back yard (he corners them and sniffs them. It's really funny to see, although the felines don't see it that way even after I rescue them) acted exactly the same way towards the package containing the Golden Kitties.
Now I wonder, how did he know they were in there? :confused:

gregory

Jewel said:
I also got the Vampuss book ~giggles~, but I could not find any matching kitties in it from the deck *ROFLMAO*
There are those among us who anxiously await the Vampuss deck..... })

Hello Baba; I do NOT plan to let this one drop :D

HearthCricket

gregory said:
There are those among us who anxiously await the Vampuss deck..... })

Hello Baba; I do NOT plan to let this one drop :D

Did you want a Vampuss Tarot deck? I was hoping, desperately, for a Vampuss Oracle. :D

lunakasha

HearthCricket said:
Did you want a Vampuss Tarot deck? I was hoping, desperately, for a Vampuss Oracle. :D

I would be happy with either/or myself....LOVE the Vampuss kitties!!! :love:

Sorry baba, we are relentless....}) hee hee!

gregory

HearthCricket said:
Forget Oracles (nasssssty thingses).

VAMPUSS TAROT !!!!!

:D

jackdaw*

Nah, a Vampuss Tarot. Much better :D

My Gold kitties are here!!

My landlord received them on Thursday after I'd left for work, and I left early yesterday so he missed me. He likes receiving my parcels because he's a stamp collector and I have given him carte blanche to snip any stamps from my packages. This one was a disappointment for him because it had a printed postage label from the Prague post office.

But I digress!

Karen and Alex, they are stunning! Such lavish gold, and interesting changes! I love the cardstock and the feel of the cards, and I love how much bigger some of the figures seem.

I just went through the deck comparing card-by-card with my first edition. And do you know? I found that comparing which version of a card I liked better, it was an even split! Some there was no contest - loved the new Devil card, and the Seven of Wands, but didn't like the brighter colouring on the Nine of Cups or the duller colouring on the Eight and Ten of Swords. And some I was really torn on. I much prefer the figures on the old Four of Wands, but I love the garden setting on the new version.

I love the borders on the original version, but now looking at the new version, I must say that I really do like the look of the cards without that distraction. The colours just leap out. It's a brilliantly sunny day, but as soon as it is dark I think I will do a candlelit reading with this new gem.

And the Tarot Reader is beautiful - especially with the gold detail on the cards on the table!

I had also ordered a Hermit bag with a dark blue back. It's beautiful :)

Thank you for such a beautiful deck!!!

Edited to add: oh, and regarding the dress on the Two of Swords? I do prefer the blue one :D

HearthCricket

I just received my 2 Golden Kitties and my 2 2nd edition BBC's, plus three bags-2 cats and the Elf Boy. Baba-aren't you thrilled that, at least, this got through to me?!! Not sure what ever happened to that other bag order...

These cards are amazing. The cards seem absolutely huge without the borders, though I really do love the borders on the 1st edition and feel it is more Baroque and delicate looking. But the new edition seems more serious, a bit darker in nature, and very bold looking. The gold was nicely done. It is neatly printed on and amazing in the sunlight! Wow! I will have to try this deck by candlelight, this evening, and also by chandelier (it is on a dimmer, so I shall see what works best!) I have a feeling the flicker of candlelight is going to make it more mysterious and magical looking, while the sunlight makes it shimmer like true gold! I think I will have fun reading this when I am on the floor, spreading it out on my oriental rug, in front of a fire in the fireplace, too! The boxes are lovely and I love your LWB-hurrah! Plus the journal and lovely bags. The cardstock, to me, seems very similar. I don't notice too much of a difference, though perhaps a bit more smoother, and I had expected something much thicker. This still seems even thinner than an LS deck, to me. I do love the cream colour of it, though. It gives it a more ancient feel than brighter whites.

Now I must abandon myself to it and look at all the changes in the detail, before trying out a reading later on! Just lovely-thank you for all the hard, hard, hard work!!

faunabay

I'm at work right now, but just talked to home and my GOLDEN KITTIES are THERE!!!! I absolutely can't wait to get home!!!!!!!!! (jumping up and down)

From what you all were saying about the shipping problems I wasn't expecting them to get here in the US for another couple of weeks or so. BUT THEY'RE HERE!!!!

faunabay

I love them!! Like someone said though, there are a few cards I like better in the original version, but most of them I LOVE!! I do have a question though. Is the Wheel of Fortune supposed to have the blue streak going through the mirror kitties face? It's kind of distracting.

But I love that all of them are closer/larger! And I'm sorry to say (Jewel's not going to like this!! :D ) but I like the blue dress better than the yellow in the 2 of swords. (wince - as Jewel goes to smack me up side the head)

And I like that this version has more depth of color. The original version was more pastelly looking. This one is just so rich colored!! I have noticed though, in my golden victorian romantic and now this one, that the gold ink loses some detail when it's used. Like in the gold VR the yellow flowers become a bit of a blob and now so did the gold cherubs in the 9 of pents. HEY, I just realized the one card in each deck that bothers me the most with the gold ink is the 9 of pents!! Because it is the yellow flowers in the 9 of pents in the VR that bothers me. hmmmm..... Just an interesting side thought. :)