my gold cats have arrived!!!!

jackdaw*

faunabay said:
I love them!! Like someone said though, there are a few cards I like better in the original version, but most of them I LOVE!! I do have a question though. Is the Wheel of Fortune supposed to have the blue streak going through the mirror kitties face? It's kind of distracting.
Oh good - I was wondering if that was just my deck!

faunabay

jackdaw* said:
Oh good - I was wondering if that was just my deck!

I went and looked at the magic realist website and it's shown with the blue streak there to. I think it's supposed to be the curtain appearing in the mirror too, but it really is distracting to me. :( But you know that's not, in the least, going to keep me from using this deck. LOL I absolutely adore it!! :*

jackdaw*

It doesn't bother me, but I wasn't sure where it came from. So thanks :)

HearthCricket

I'm so glad I am not the only one who noticed the blue streak. I pulled out both my gold editions and my 2nd edition and noticed it immediately and thought I had a bad card. I am sure Karen will explain, because if you look really carefully, part of the cat is partially invisible...you can see the curtains through the cats ears and face on one side. So, it is as though the cat in the mirror is partially translucent! Not sure what it means, though...

HearthCricket

Just thought I would add that if you look at the 1st edition BBC's you see, in the Wheel of Fortune, a very faint blue/grey pole or rope hanging in the back of that cat, so it is supposed to be there, it is just that the cat has been turned partially translucent and so the line goes through the entire face, etc.

I have decided, after looking at all my BBC's that my 1st edition is my Spring/Summer one, with the floral borders and softer pastel colours, my 2nd edition is my Fall/Winter one, with is darker and mysterious look (plus my study edition since it shows more of the card) and my Gold edition is for night-time or very bright sunlight!

I like the difference of the dress on the Two of Swords. The yellow fits my daylight, more summery version and the blue fits the more mysterious, long dark New England autumn and winter evenings mood! It will go good with clouds and snowy days and blizzards with the wind howling about the house and down the chimney....

faunabay

Have you all noticed on the 3 of wands the kitty has a different colored paw? :D His face is yellow tabby but the paw is white. Is he supposed to have a glove on? Yeah, yeah, that's it. He's supposed to have a glove on. ROFL
I love little things like this. It makes my decks more special to me. :* Like Dante looking down Beatrice's dress. ROFL

baba-prague

faunabay said:
Have you all noticed on the 3 of wands the kitty has a different colored paw? :D His face is yellow tabby but the paw is white. Is he supposed to have a glove on? Yeah, yeah, that's it. He's supposed to have a glove on. ROFL
I love little things like this. It makes my decks more special to me. :* Like Dante looking down Beatrice's dress. ROFL

Well :) - he had white paws - as some ginger cats do. But he could be wearing gloves. I like him a lot, he has a wistfulness about him that works well on this card I hope.

The Wheel of Fortune reflection is supposed to look sort of vagueish - like a reflection and so not solid. I suppose what we wanted to convey is that the cat is seeing his possible future (battered, ear torn, poor) but it's not "set in stone" - it's misty and perhaps not real - hence the translucent quality.

baba-prague

gregory said:
Forget Oracles (nasssssty thingses).

VAMPUSS TAROT !!!!!

:D

I would actually get such a kick out of doing a Dark Cats deck - but perhaps it would be a step into surrealism too far.

But I would love to hear what Umbrae would make of it - almost worth doing for that alone :joke:

gregory

baba-prague said:
I would actually get such a kick out of doing a Dark Cats deck - but perhaps it would be a step into surrealism too far.

But I would love to hear what Umbrae would make of it - almost worth doing for that alone :joke:
Well there you go - now you have the perfect excuse to accommodate my craving..... })

And thanks, HC, for validating the gold dress I miss.... ;)

jackdaw*

baba-prague said:
Well, you could IN ALL HONESTY say you were doing it due to popular demand. :D

*jackdaw adds the Vampuss book to her wishlist; maybe it'll tide me over*