Horary Readings Round 7 - Answers

Minderwiz

Ethereal said:
what is in store for me regarding my recent reunion with a long-lost cousin?
(basically, how will things play out. will we continue a future relationship? Does it look like family (her and I and other cousins through her I am related to) will reunite and stay reunited long term? ..things like that. overall picture

There are two approaches to locating the relevant house. The first is to use derived houses. That would work as follows. Your father is signified by the fourth house. His father is the fourth from that house (counting the house itself as one) so that takes us to the seventh house of the radical chart. Now the cousin is descended from his sister, who would be signified by the third house (siblings) from the grandfather's house (radical seventh). That takes us to the ninth house of the radical chart. Her child would be the fifth house from the ninth, taking us back to the Ascendant. Her child's child would be the fifth house from there or the radical fifth.

Now that's an awful lot of linkages and derivatives, so I have serious doubts as to whether that will hold. The link seems tenuous. But I will use it.

The other method is much more straightforward and simple. It is to treat second cousins as part of the family at large and that is signified by the fourth house of the radical chart. Using it for your father is simply the process of taking him as the the key person from whom your sense of family is derived (that might not always be the case but in a patriarchal family system, it usually is). Again I'll use this and I'll take it first, as it's the clearest link to family and your question mentions other cousins who might become involved.

The chart has Cancer rising, so you are signified by the Moon, which is well placed in the ninth house, though peregrine, which usually denotes dependence on others for success. In this case the 'others' would be signified by Jupiter, ruler of Pisces, in which the Moon is placed. Jupiter is the benefic of Sect and is placed in Leo in the second. The Moon is also square to the Lot of Fortune and is about to perfect the aspect.

The cousins (family) are signified by Venus, ruler of the fourth house. Venus is paced in the twelfth conjunct the Lot of Fortune (ruled by Mercury). The twelfth is often linked to the hidden or secret or unknown. And from your question, these cousins were unknown to you till recently. The twelfth is also associated with travel that doesn't work out or has a downside to it - did you meet her through your father's funeral or something related to it?

There is an aspect between Moon and Venus, it's a square and it's separating. Now as you have already met, the separation simply confirms that the event has already happened. The square implies difficulties and delays but again I would treat those as past, because you already seem to have had difficulties and delays in meeting her.

Venus' next aspect is to the Lot of Fortune and then to Jupiter, who I've already identified as someone (possibly plural) who help you keep the relationship going. Venus is also in a mutual reception with Mercury the ruler of Fortune (both by sign and by ruler/term) The links to the Lot of Fortune are no guarantee of success but I think they point towards it and with the other factors, I think this will have a successful outcome.

The only issue is that Venus is in a partile Opposition to Saturn (though the aspect has just passed exact perfection). Saturn rules the eighth house and again that seems to relate to your father's death/will. So it seems to be one of the factors bringing you together rather than something that is a threat.

My feeling is that the relationship will last using the fourth.

The ruler of the fifth (the second cousin you have already met) is Mars. Mars is in Taurus and the Moon is applying to a sextile. Mars in Taurus is in the Moon's Exaltation, so there is Reception here. I think the relationship with her, specifcally, will work out. Mars is in it's own Detriment, so that might mean problems (that might be specifically hers) but I still see this working.

In summary, I think both elements of your question will work out. It might not be easy but it should happen. In particular, I think your relationship with the cousin you have met will last., with little problem.

Attachments

• Ethereal Cousins page.jpg
    Ethereal Cousins page.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 60

Ethereal

hi minderwiz:
I think I should have worded the questions more direct, as to how things will work out between her and I in the future. leaving out the rest of the cousins. travel that doesn't work out or has a downside to it; interesting. travel really had nothing to do with anything that I can see.we didn't meet at my father's funeral. she contacted me by mail, having read his obituary online. difficulties and delays in meeting her. well, all was well for a time. we communicated online several times, and spoke on the phone, once. then she abruptly dropped off the radar. I wrote to her after not hearing anything for 3 weeks, and asked her to contact me. she did not. why, I do not know. she contacted me first, SO friendly, said she wanted to meet up with me. so, this whole, *being dropped like a hot rock,* by her has me puzzled. could that be the moon and venus square and separating; now? per what I just mentioned? not in the past?

I don't know of anyone who would help keep the relationship going between her and I. I know you mentioned that you believe the relationship will last. well, as I wrote above, it hasn't. she disappeared. mars in detriment, meaning there might be problems specifically, hers. I agree. I see this happening right now. but, I have no answer for her current behavior. I didn't do anything towards her to warrant it. just be open, loving, understanding and welcoming to her. as I truly embraced her finding me, and finding out that I had a long lost 2 nd cousin. only to be sorely disappointed.

is there anything in the chart that you see, now that I have told you what has recently passed that might warrant more clues that something else was going on with this situation, and or her?

just wondering. also, I am going to post another question , (let me know if its ok, of course)
if you would be able to look into this a bit further for me. thanks so much, minderwiz! as always! the read made sense, but its her sudden behavior that I do not understand.

Minderwiz

Reading for LittleOne

Hello Minderwiz,

I know I sat recently so I hope it's okay to sit again. I have a very specific question: Will my former employer re-hire me?

I am going to meet with people at the end of the month but I am a true believer that nothing is set in stone until a contract is in front of your face.

I hope I'm not to late with this.

The chart cast has Leo rising so you are signified by the Sun, which is in Taurus, the tenth place ruled by Venus. The Sun has no essential dignity in Taurus Being Peregrine it depends on others for help, in particular it depends on it's ruler, Venus. Venus is in Gemini in the Eleventh place, She is averse to the Sun (no aspect) and she too is Peregrine. Both planets are in poor condition but both are strongly placed in the chart. Things look good but those looks might be deceiving. You haven't any real control and neither do the employers, so things might go wrong. There's no guarantees here.

Clearly you want the job - being placed in the right house for it. It might produces some difficulties for you, as the Sun is square the Ascendant by sign. Nevertheless these are not insurmountable or even major, assuming an offer were to be made.

Now there does seem to be some promise of that. Venus sextiles the Ascendant quite closely, so it seems they definitely have an interest. How stable or strong that interest is, I'm not sure but it's not a particularly good sign that Venus is in the Bounds of Mars and also it's Decan. Mars is the the least friendly planet in this chart being out of sect and also in it's Detriment in Taurus. It's placed in the tenth, so whatever it signifies, it's likely to be something connected to your employer. Mars also rules the Lot of Fortune, so if nothing else, Mars signifies your fortunes at this meeting. The Lot lies in Scorpio and is opposed by it's own ruler.

The other good sign is that the Sun has a mutual reception with the Moon. It's not a very strong one, but it has some strength. The Moon is in Leo and the Sun is in Taurus, the exaltation of the Moon. There's no applying aspect though. Nevertheless the symbolism is to give the Sun something of a foothold in the tenth place.

The final positive sign is that the Lot of Spirit (also called the Lot of the Sun) lies with the Sun in the tenth place. This Lot signifies your ability to influence the events around you. Whilst the Sun has some connection with the tenth through the Moon. In itself, there is nothing to confirm a successful outcome (as there's no aspect from Sun to Venus and the Moon/Sun aspect is separating) but you have the opportunity to influence the outcome so be prepared and ready to sell yourself if need be (and indeed should you decide you really want to return).

So in essence the chart agrees with your own summary. The situation is promising but the outcome is not obvious. The employer has a real interest, you have an interest but neither of you control the outcome. At least you have the ability to influence the outcome.l There's something 'not quite right' about the situation there. It might be something you are aware of already but the position of Mars in the tenth suggests that there is a negative side to things.

I don't know what the job is concerned with but if it's related to computers, communication, accounts or any other Mercury type activity, that could be the source of the problem. Mercury is also in the tenth and is the nearest planet to Mars. It too is Peregrine but it has a weak mutual reception with Venus (Ruler/Triplicity), which is why I think that they are aware of the issue. It might be small and it probably lies in the past, as Mercury is separating from Mars. It is still relevant though.

None of this suggests you should turn down any offer, indeed that problem might be something they explicitly want you to tackle. If it isn't mentioned, well I might be wrong but it's something that you might need explore. Who really needs whom.

Good luck!!

Attachments

• LittleOne April.jpg
    LittleOne April.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 59

Minderwiz

hi minderwiz:
....... well, all was well for a time. we communicated online several times, and spoke on the phone, once. then she abruptly dropped off the radar. I wrote to her after not hearing anything for 3 weeks, and asked her to contact me. she did not. why, I do not know. she contacted me first, SO friendly, said she wanted to meet up with me. so, this whole, *being dropped like a hot rock,* by her has me puzzled. could that be the moon and venus square and separating; now? per what I just mentioned? not in the past?

I don't know of anyone who would help keep the relationship going between her and I. I know you mentioned that you believe the relationship will last. well, as I wrote above, it hasn't. she disappeared. mars in detriment, meaning there might be problems specifically, hers. I agree. I see this happening right now. but, I have no answer for her current behavior. I didn't do anything towards her to warrant it. just be open, loving, understanding and welcoming to her. as I truly embraced her finding me, and finding out that I had a long lost 2 nd cousin. only to be sorely disappointed.

is there anything in the chart that you see, now that I have told you what has recently passed that might warrant more clues that something else was going on with this situation, and or her?

I'll take another look at the chart to see if there's anything I missed, and also cast a follow up chart. Her behaviour does seem odd.

Edited to add:

I've done a quick revisit of the chart. When you asked the question, had the flow of communication between you and her already stopped? That is you asked the question because the 'hot rock' feeling or suspicion was already there.

If so then it would have been better to include that explicitly in the question, because I took the separating aspect to simply reflect the previous meetings, rather than the meaning I would have attached - there's not only problems but the relationship has stalled or finished. The chart makes sense from that point of view, using either the fourth or fifth because both aspects to the Moon are separating.

I should have asked for more details of the exact circumstances, so before I do another chart, can you give me a more detailed account of when you chose to ask the question, in relation to communication ceasing.

LittleOne

I hope I'm not to late with this.

The chart cast has Leo rising so you are signified by the Sun, which is in Taurus, the tenth place ruled by Venus. The Sun has no essential dignity in Taurus Being Peregrine it depends on others for help, in particular it depends on it's ruler, Venus. Venus is in Gemini in the Eleventh place, She is averse to the Sun (no aspect) and she too is Peregrine. Both planets are in poor condition but both are strongly placed in the chart. Things look good but those looks might be deceiving. You haven't any real control and neither do the employers, so things might go wrong. There's no guarantees here.

Clearly you want the job - being placed in the right house for it. It might produces some difficulties for you, as the Sun is square the Ascendant by sign. Nevertheless these are not insurmountable or even major, assuming an offer were to be made.

Now there does seem to be some promise of that. Venus sextiles the Ascendant quite closely, so it seems they definitely have an interest. How stable or strong that interest is, I'm not sure but it's not a particularly good sign that Venus is in the Bounds of Mars and also it's Decan. Mars is the the least friendly planet in this chart being out of sect and also in it's Detriment in Taurus. It's placed in the tenth, so whatever it signifies, it's likely to be something connected to your employer. Mars also rules the Lot of Fortune, so if nothing else, Mars signifies your fortunes at this meeting. The Lot lies in Scorpio and is opposed by it's own ruler.

The other good sign is that the Sun has a mutual reception with the Moon. It's not a very strong one, but it has some strength. The Moon is in Leo and the Sun is in Taurus, the exaltation of the Moon. There's no applying aspect though. Nevertheless the symbolism is to give the Sun something of a foothold in the tenth place.

The final positive sign is that the Lot of Spirit (also called the Lot of the Sun) lies with the Sun in the tenth place. This Lot signifies your ability to influence the events around you. Whilst the Sun has some connection with the tenth through the Moon. In itself, there is nothing to confirm a successful outcome (as there's no aspect from Sun to Venus and the Moon/Sun aspect is separating) but you have the opportunity to influence the outcome so be prepared and ready to sell yourself if need be (and indeed should you decide you really want to return).

So in essence the chart agrees with your own summary. The situation is promising but the outcome is not obvious. The employer has a real interest, you have an interest but neither of you control the outcome. At least you have the ability to influence the outcome.l There's something 'not quite right' about the situation there. It might be something you are aware of already but the position of Mars in the tenth suggests that there is a negative side to things.

I don't know what the job is concerned with but if it's related to computers, communication, accounts or any other Mercury type activity, that could be the source of the problem. Mercury is also in the tenth and is the nearest planet to Mars. It too is Peregrine but it has a weak mutual reception with Venus (Ruler/Triplicity), which is why I think that they are aware of the issue. It might be small and it probably lies in the past, as Mercury is separating from Mars. It is still relevant though.

None of this suggests you should turn down any offer, indeed that problem might be something they explicitly want you to tackle. If it isn't mentioned, well I might be wrong but it's something that you might need explore. Who really needs whom.

Good luck!!

There have been lots of problems hiring for this position in the past - I am one of the only staff they have had that could do the job properly. I only left them because they wanted me to live in a location that was a deal breaker for me. Now there is a staff member leaving in a different location I am more interested in returning.

I guess in some ways the lack of control is that the people who want to hire me are the managers - but HR is always an obstacle. Also the company is a hughly dynamic company that undergoes many changes in short time periods so there is the element of uncertainty to it also.

I do want the job as it is an easy option for me, and I guess it is an easy option for them as they won't need to train me and I have already proven myself - something you don't get when you hire a new person. For me to go back would be beneficial to both sides. In my mind they need me more than I need them.

For me the big thing is all the changes that the company goes through. They may take the decision not to hire, although I doubt it. Also, with the state of the economy they are hiring new staff on lower salaries - so there might be a point of contention there. I would, ideally, like to be on similar or not much less than what I was on previously.... hopefully there is some room for negotiation.

Minderwiz

.....I guess in some ways the lack of control is that the people who want to hire me are the managers - but HR is always an obstacle. Also the company is a hughly dynamic company that undergoes many changes in short time periods so there is the element of uncertainty to it also.

Venus is in a mutable or double bodied sign. Change is likely but it also can symbolise doing something twice. So that might be another 'pro' indicator.

quote=LittleOne]
I do want the job as it is an easy option for me, and I guess it is an easy option for them as they won't need to train me and I have already proven myself - something you don't get when you hire a new person. For me to go back would be beneficial to both sides. In my mind they need me more than I need them.

For me the big thing is all the changes that the company goes through. They may take the decision not to hire, although I doubt it. Also, with the state of the economy they are hiring new staff on lower salaries - so there might be a point of contention there. I would, ideally, like to be on similar or not much less than what I was on previously.... hopefully there is some room for negotiation.[/QUOTE]

I didn't look at the income salary side as it wasn't in the question but a quick check on the chart shows that the Second Place of income and substance is ruled by Mercury. That could be the significance of the Mercury/Mars conjunction, or at least one of the possible significations. In which case it would mean that there is a threat to your salary but it's a receding one.

I think the issue will come down to the offer they make and assurances relating to reorganisations/restructuring. Remember this chart applies only to the meeting and so doesn't guarantee that those won't happen. As Jupiter is on the Ascendant, you are likely to be very fortunate in the meeting and you've got the advantage of a well placed Lot of Spirit. So your conclusion is probabaly right - you have more influence over the outcome than they do. Their Peregrine nature is probably due to HR's final influence but that affects you too. So you might find that if you reach agreement, that agreement is subject to HR's approval and they don't play ball or modifiy it in someway that makes you think again.

Ethereal

THANK you minderwiz! I looked back on the thread of when I posted the question. it was march 12. she sent me the absolute LAST email on march 14. and, yes, I did have the feeling something was in the wind, and I may be dropped like a hot rock. so, only 2 days later after I posted the question, she dropped out of sight; permantely. I can see the moon separating (for good) in the aspect to the timing. as I said only 2 days later; it was over for her in regards to me. no more contact. hope this helps. please let me know if you need anymore info on this. thank you for taking the time to help me; as you said, it is odd behavior. I so agree!

Minderwiz

Thanks Ethereal. That clears up the confusion in the first reading. How about a question along the lines of:

'Will C(ousin) contact me again?' Which covers both a response to your own communications and a renewal of contact by her. Would you prefer a time period of thee or six months, or even leave it open?

Ethereal

sure , minderwiz. and, you can leave it open. also, I really want to know what was the reason behind her odd behavior towards me. at any rate, whatever you can hone in on in regards to her would be fantastic! much thanks (((( ))))

LittleOne

Venus is in a mutable or double bodied sign. Change is likely but it also can symbolise doing something twice. So that might be another 'pro' indicator.

quote=LittleOne]

For me the big thing is all the changes that the company goes through. They may take the decision not to hire, although I doubt it. Also, with the state of the economy they are hiring new staff on lower salaries - so there might be a point of contention there. I would, ideally, like to be on similar or not much less than what I was on previously.... hopefully there is some room for negotiation.

I didn't look at the income salary side as it wasn't in the question but a quick check on the chart shows that the Second Place of income and substance is ruled by Mercury. That could be the significance of the Mercury/Mars conjunction, or at least one of the possible significations. In which case it would mean that there is a threat to your salary but it's a receding one.

I think the issue will come down to the offer they make and assurances relating to reorganisations/restructuring. Remember this chart applies only to the meeting and so doesn't guarantee that those won't happen. As Jupiter is on the Ascendant, you are likely to be very fortunate in the meeting and you've got the advantage of a well placed Lot of Spirit. So your conclusion is probabaly right - you have more influence over the outcome than they do. Their Peregrine nature is probably due to HR's final influence but that affects you too. So you might find that if you reach agreement, that agreement is subject to HR's approval and they don't play ball or modifiy it in someway that makes you think again.[/QUOTE]

Excellent! Thank you for the added information.

I had the meeting this morning. They were very much saying they were interested in hiring me but had to say the usual "don't keep your hopes up and keep applying elsewhere" spiel. I think there has been a bit of a hold up in advertising the position which seems to be having the managers and myself in a spot of unknowing.

Think on that Venus "doing things twice" - this job in itself would be me doing it again, my second round at the position.

It's good to at least know, for myself, that salary may be an issue. However a job is better than unemployment.

I definitely have an advantage which is fortunate.

When the position is advertised and I have applied for it (presuming it will be advertised as that is the current sticking point) I might return to you and ask how I stand after the application.