How can I check my birthday time?

ivanna

I got some months ago a birth report, in which is written that I was born at 15.50.
I have been studing astrology and readng on astrology blogs, and in many is said, that before making a natal chart, in order to get accurate information, is needed to check if the birth time is real or not.
I have found several methods on the net, but I have found them extremly difficult for me, I can not use them, I still know very little astrology to do this.
So my question is if it's really a need that must be done, and in this case, if you can tell me any simple method to try.
Thanks.

Minderwiz

I got some months ago a birth report, in which is written that I was born at 15.50.
I have been studing astrology and readng on astrology blogs, and in many is said, that before making a natal chart, in order to get accurate information, is needed to check if the birth time is real or not.
I have found several methods on the net, but I have found them extremly difficult for me, I can not use them, I still know very little astrology to do this.
So my question is if it's really a need that must be done, and in this case, if you can tell me any simple method to try.
Thanks.

I'll try and help but first I need to clarify a couple of things, so if you can in turn answer my questions, I'll know how to develop my answer.

There seems to be two separate issues here, if I'm reading your question correctly. The issue of the birth time supplied by you and possibly rectification, if there's a margin of error on that.

You give your birth time from the report as 15:50, so my first question is, did you supply this time yourself (either from your birth certificate or from other sources)? And if so, have you any doubts about its accuracy.

If you didn't supply the time. then where did it come from? Did the report's author estimate it through a process of rectification?

My second question which depends in part on your answer to the first, is have you any doubts as to the accuracy of your birth time?

If you have, then it's possible to look at the issue of rectification. That might get us a reasonable working estimate of your Ascendant but it cannot prove what your Ascendant actually is. It gives simply a working estimate.

So, if you can say a little about getting that report and where the 15:50 comes from that would help. If you can also give some indication as to how sure you are that the time is correct.

ivanna

Hi,
I got the time from an official birth certificate.
At the begining, I hadn't any problem with it.
But after reading several blogs, I started to think about it.
On those articles, is explained, that usually, the time provided on the legal papers is not really accurate, as some doctors tend to round the time. Others are so busy with the labour and the newborn cares, that they do not really take care about if the birth was 10 minutes after or before, and this is logical. So I started to think if iw would be convenient to rectificate the time before trying to interpret my natal chart.

So, the time I have is what is written on the official paper. After reading those blogs, I don't know if this time will be accurate or not. My mother remember that it was at lunch time, but she was enough busy to look at the clock :) and she doesn't remember much more.

For what my mother remember, we can be sure that the hour must be right, but related to the minutes, we have no idea. If we believe on the accuracy of the staff who wrote it, then is ok, but after reading those blogs, I don't know what to think.

Thanks!

Minderwiz

Thanks Ivanna,

Firstly, if all that you want to do is a character analysis (using whatever methods you like), then the time you have is fine, unless your Ascendant is in a very early or a very late degree of the sign.

If you are thinking of making predictions of the future, then certain methods are a lot more time sensitive than others. The most sensitive at all is Primary Directions, which can give an error of about a year for each degree of error you have in your Ascendant. Other methods can easily withstand that sort of error.

Also, if you use a quadrant house system, such as Placidus, there may be a change of house for some planets if you shift the Ascendant by say three degrees (an approximate error of 12 minutes in your birth time). I would suggest that if that is the case (and you can test that by casting two additional charts for say 15 minutes before and 15 minutes after your birth time) that you use whole sign houses - it works better for later rectification anyway.

With a whole sign house chart, having the right Ascendant sign is all that really matters. Ninety five to ninety nine percent of what you are likely to do will work accurately with such a chart.

So, I'd say if your Ascendant degree is securely in a sign, there's no real need to try rectification, certainly until you are a lot more advanced in your examination of Astrology.

So let me know what your Ascendant degree is from the report, and I'll tell you whether it's really worth bothering with rectification. If it is, I'll help you - because it allows me to test some of the material on rectification that I got from Chris Brennan. LOL

ivanna

Hi.
Well I supouse that with the actual time will be fine for the level I have. But as I plan to progress in my work, if I start with a wrong time, maybe in the future I will not be able to re use the previous study that I will start now if my birth time is not correct.
My AC is 8 Scorpio 40, close to libra.
In fact at the beginning, the first chart I got was with ascendant in libra as my mother thought the birth was a bit earlier, around 15.00. But as she dont remember it when I told her that in the official paper was written 15.50, she said it can be possible but she can't remember.

Minderwiz

For your Ascendant to be in Libra, there would have to be an error of around 35 minutes in your recorded birth time. As Scorpio is a sign of long Ascension, it will atually be even earlier than that. So whilst your mother's guess of 15:00 yields a Libra Ascendant, by approximately 15:15 the Ascendant would likely have changed to Scorpio. I doubt that a recorded error would be that great but I have no knowledge of Spanish practice.

I can check those timings for you if you wish - just let me know your natal details (well the date and place of birth, though I think you disclosed the place in an earlier thread)

The only other thing that I forgot to mention is the Moon. That is the fastest moving planet and even when slow, is covering a zodiacal degree every two hours. So if the Moon is very close to a sign boundary that might mean she changed signs during the 'error' period. I'd think that it has to be very close in this case, that is either a fraction over or under 0 degrees of a sign.

If your still a little concerned that the authorities might have got it wrong, we'll have a look at your chart and see which Ascendant fits better. Scorpio or Libra.

danieljuk

I am glad you finally got your birth date officially Ivanna, we discussed it a while ago but sorry it doesn't seem to fit!

I was watching a video interview with an astrologer recently and they were saying how inaccurate the process of writing down a birth time is, even in these modern times! A nurse in the birth room writes down the birth time at the time of cutting the umbilical cord. But it's a very unscientific process (and probably the least important thing on the mind at that moment). sometimes they forget and then say, "oh we will just use this time" or something the Mother holds the baby with the cord still attached for a while. There could be a period of time between the birth and the cutting of the cord. But the noted time is the cord cut moment. This astrologer got a lot of questions about if you were born early or late before your due date, what to use for astrology and they decided to always use the date / time noted on the certificate.

Hope you can find the time which best matches your personality Ivanna :)

ivanna

Hi Daniel,
thanks so much, you are very kind.
Yes, at the end I got a copy of the literal birth report. It took me a few hours in front of the computer, as I had to do it only and it was extremly complicated, but finally I got it.
But as you said, I have read similar posts as the interview you mention, this is why at first we agreed with the time written on the report, but after that, I'm not pretty sure about its validity.

Minderwiz,

My Moon is on 3 Capricorn 20'11''
I have also a couple of planets in the limits of changing a sign, like saturn 29 Leo 5'7''

If you want to test your new rectification material, I would be very glad. I would like to know if the time is real or should be adjusted as I want to progress on my work and sooner or later I will have to do it as in the future I would like to do some kind of predictive astrology.

Let me know.

Thanks a lot!

Minderwiz

Minderwiz,

My Moon is on 3 Capricorn 20'11''
I have also a couple of planets in the limits of changing a sign, like saturn 29 Leo 5'7''

If you want to test your new rectification material, I would be very glad. I would like to know if the time is real or should be adjusted as I want to progress on my work and sooner or later I will have to do it as in the future I would like to do some kind of predictive astrology.

Let me know.

Thanks a lot!

Ivanna, your Moon is definitely Capricorn. Your mother's testimony gives your birth at approximately 15:00. There is no way that the Moon could be in any other sign before that time on that day. There would still be 9 hours of the day left but in that time the Moon would only move around 4 to five degrees, depending on speed. Saturn at full speed moves less than half a degree in a day, so it would not change signs.

Let's try the rectification. PM me your natal details, of time, place and date and I'll cast a chart.

Thereafter it's going to be a question and answer session, as I try to pin down the sign of your Ascendant. That might be over quickly or it might take some time, depending on the chart.

Remember though, rectification cannot come up with 'the' time, merely a time that is likely to work best. Secondly, I'm beginning the process and we will hopefully make quite a bit of progress but, there is still likely to be a range of possible Ascendants, either in late Libra or in early Scorpio.

Don't worry to much about that because as you learn more and start to experiment with prediction techniques, you are likely to find that varying that Ascendant by a small amount will give a better prediction (one that is confirmed by past events). It's quite possible that you will continue to 'tweak' your Ascendant in the future but reconcile yourself to not having a time that is accurate to the minute of second but is probably in a ten minute range.

ivanna

Ok, I see, thanks. I will pm my birth dates.
Thanks