Sweet Twilight-general discussion

turtlebite

Sanctum_Priest said:
I think it's time we finished this off for the sake of completeness. I've got some comments on two or three of the remaining cards. I might just keep going to the end!

I thought this meant you were going to post them! :)

Sanctum_Priest

I'm onto it. Patience!

Sanctum_Priest

I've just posted on three cards.

By my reckoning there are now only three cards left to do:

King of Wands
Knave of Wands
8 of Pentacles

turtlebite

Thank you! I'll try to post some more thoughts on the cards soon. Probably not until the weekend. I've been thinking about that 8 of pentacles a lot.

Hemera

Oh how great that you have decided to complete this project :thumbsup: I´ll try to comment on these new additions soon as well.

Aerin

Hemera said:
Oh how great that you have decided to complete this project :thumbsup: I´ll try to comment on these new additions soon as well.

And then we can do the rest of the "numbers" and courts comparisons... :D

enchanted spirit

Well, I got my Sweet Twilight a while back and I play with it now and again. I have been having a weird experience with it. I tend to read with traditional meanings, but the Sweet Twilight cards have left me scratching my head. I mean, I just don't get what I normally would from a card at all. Last night as an experiment I did a reading using the spread in the LWB and the meanings in the LWB. I mean that I didn't look at a card and say "this means this" - I just looked them up. It was a very, very good and insightful reading. I find this odd . . . because the meanings in the LWB are so different from traditional meanings and initially I found them pretty narrow. Then I pulled out my Radiant and set the same cards out and read it traditionally - and nothing! The reading didn't make a bit of sense. I do plan to go back and do some reading where people have written up their thoughts on these cards. In the mean time, has anyone else had this experience with this deck? Or another deck. I mean, I've had decks I don't "get" - but not one where a lame LWB made more sense than reading the cards more traditionally. The colors and the pictures are very compelling to me, but I'm thinking maybe I should regard it more as an oracle than tarot, at least in regard to my mind. I hope I'm explaining this right, 4 hours of sleep and coherent thought don't seem to go hand in hand. LOL

Aerin

It's very odd how different people get on with different decks. The first deck that made a gut-feel deep kind of sense to me was the Fey, yet a lot of people at the time found it difficult for similar reasons as you've expressed about the ST.

In both the Fey and the ST I can always "find" the connection with the traditional meaning but it isn't always right to the forefront of my mind when I first read the cards.

Which cards is it that you need? We've completed all but a few and it is much more useful when there's reading experience to go off. The cards on their own seem to make more sense in context somehow.

I like the LWB. It suggests a storytelling kind of way of reading the cards to me.

enchanted spirit

Thanks Aerin, for sharing your thoughts on this. I did go back and look up a few of the cards that I didn't "get" here on the forum. You all have some great insights into these cards. I think the posts shed more light on them. One of the ones that really blew my mind was the Queen of Chalices. It makes a lot more sense to me now.

I really enjoy the ST. I like the colors, I like the style of the art, and so I think that this is a deck that I will continue to work with. I think that for readings with the Sweet Twilight I am only going to read with the LWB for a while. Maybe it will give me additional insight into different cards.

turtlebite

I've said in other threads(maybe even this one?) that ST reads a lot like reversed RWS to me, but that's not entirely accurate if you think of reversed meanings as being the opposite. It's more like they're slightly askew, or the same meanings from a different world view.

What I have struggled with with Sweet Twilight is the court cards because I can't really seem to read them like court cards. They read like any other card in the deck and not as people for some reason.