The Primary Deck Reflections 2010 (both threads)

robinchun

iceclone said:
Same here... it's going to be a hard find. It's nice you're doing a 78 weeks of study of DM... Do you post it in your blog?

Hey guys, how do we motivate each other in keeping up with our PDR?

Away from topic,but..I love your Avatar..saw it last night (the movie) fantastic isn't it

Robin

firecatpickles

2010 Primary Deck Reflections Reflecting Pool

Here's a place we can unwind and make announcements and stuff.

firecatpickles

So I'll go first. My new blog is up and running. You can just click Website and see it. Lem me know what you think of the colors.

inanna_tarot

OK i've decided to dip my toe in the water of the PDR pool with my Druid Plant Oracle (DPO).

I've set up my blog and its on my website link below >> Moderator note: please just use the website button <<

Im not committing to doing a whole year, and with help of the deck I have come up with my Code (like the Pirate Code, more like guidelines really!) for my version of the project. Ive been realistic and set it up for a month and see exactly how i can continue with it as I have lots of work stuff going on. I dont want to commit myself to something that I cant keep. So, i'm trying it out till Feb 1st, review it and see what occurs.

Hope thats ok folks!

ETA -
Onyx is waiting to see if the Mods will let me play, considering that everyone else is doing a Tarot and Im being odd and doing an Oracle. So whether or not I get to post in these PDR threads about it, I'll still blog about it.

Onyx

Finally back home from the holidays! Love my family but right now my extremely quiet apartment and high speed internet are like a little slice of heaven!

Got the list updated and so I thought I would comment on what others have said.

aurarcana said:
Onyx, can you add me to the index thread? Oh, and it may be easier to organize that list by adding names in alphabetical order

I thought about this suggestion and while it would technically be easier to just add to the bottom of the list I realized it would be more user friendly by making it alphabetical for everyone to use and reference.

elysgrl said:
Hi everyone--
I've been a member here for years but have rarely posted. I've gradually drifted away from the forum, and over the last year or so, I kind of drifted away from Tarot as well. I didn't do very many readings, bought decks and books I barely touched, etc. Two of my resolutions for 2010 are to be an active poster here, and to recommit myself and rediscover my passion for Tarot. What better way to do it than with a PDR?
I found that the PDR is a great chance to just slow down and gradually crawl into the use and meaning of a deck without the stress and worry that can accompany some deck studies. It was great way for me to work with my deck last year and whatever deck I choose for this year I think it will also be a good thing too!
elysgrl said:
I need to go through all my decks and decide which one I want to plunge into for the year. My most recent deck (that I've yet to do even a single reading with) is Tarot of a Moon Garden but I don't think I'm feeling that one. Maybe I'll go back to my beloved VR, or my Radiant RWS.....
I can’t decide either and I am going to try and make a push to use that one deck all year long. It will have to be a special deck that can get me through the coming year. I am expecting a Wheel of Change to come next week and once it gets here I will get down to deciding which deck I will be choosing.

Myrrha said:
I was doing a PDR before and drifted away from it. I didn't really like the blogging part of it. Many of my readings are personal and not for posting, and typing up the readings takes so much time.
I'm thinking of trying it again and finding some way other than blogging to feel connected with others who are doing a PDR. Just posting here in the thread might be good.
I completely agree. When I decided to release myself from the blog requirement this last year I got a great little journal and filled it with pages and pages of stuff that I was learning and now am applying to my life to great success. If the blog works then I say use it but if not then don’t let it hold you back.
Myrrha said:
I would use the Legacy of the Divine Tarot and my main goal would be to read once per week with that deck.
My other goals would be to read for other people more regularly and to experiment with using elemental dignities with the Legacy deck.

The Legacy Deck is in the running for my Deck, it is so beautiful! It sounds like you have some good, solid and attainable goals set for yourself! Good Luck!

inanna_tarot said:
can oracles join in? Or is there a PDR for oracles in the oracle section?
Like Fire Cat said, I think it is fine but it will be for the Moderators to decide if it is alright. I went ahead and listed you as a participant so let me know what you are going to use and I will update it until we hear otherwise. If it is not alright then I might just start on in the Oracle section when my Transparent Oracle comes! Boy, am I getting excited! . . . . “Humm” (Allan thinks to himself) “Maybe I should PDR with my Transparent Tarot and then do a joint Tarot/Oracle exercise when the Transparent Oracle arrives?”

Gazel said:
Hello
I'll try again. I'll be happy to join you.
I'll use the Alchemical Renewed, and post one reading and/or reflections per week on my blog. That is every sunday evening, starting next sunday January the 3'th.
Gazel
Glad you’re coming along with us! I look forward to reading what you have to say about the Alchemical Renewed!

BlueDragonfly said:
I'd like to join in on the PDR for 2010, please. I'll be using my Tarot of Dreams for this, as this deck has held me captivated since it's arrival!
It is on my wish list and I suspect by the end of the year I will buy one. I am thinking maybe Ciro will have some at Reader’s Studio and it would be great to get him to sign it for me too!

BlueDragonfly said:
I'm struggling through a 78 week(or more) study with my Legacy of the Divine, but not posting it online. I withdrew when I thought I was going to sacrifice my internet connection for lack of money-which has now changed :), and have alot of researching to do for that project, but....

I'll have to set up a blog and post it in my profile and then...what?...come to this thread and post when I've made my entries?
I am starting to struggle with the 78 weeks study as well, I will be getting to it later today. It might be good to post here when you upload a blog but many on the blog sites have follow lists and they can automatically update when you post. That is what many of us did last year and so we kept in touch that way too. I’ll never forget when early in ’09 AT was down and we were all posting and reading each other’s blogs out of AT withdrawal!

inanna_tarot

Onyx.. well I am going to do a PDR with the Druid Plant Oracle (DPO), if the moderators think it should be tarot specific, then I'll be the rogue on the outskirts that was inspired by these threads to do something with my DPO which I'll blog about either way. I'll try it for a month and see how it goes.

Although it might get pushed off the top spot when my Transparent Oracle arrives hehe.

Onyx

inanna_tarot said:
Onyx.. well I am going to do a PDR with the Druid Plant Oracle (DPO), if the moderators think it should be tarot specific, then I'll be the rogue on the outskirts that was inspired by these threads to do something with my DPO which I'll blog about either way. I'll try it for a month and see how it goes.

Although it might get pushed off the top spot when my Transparent Oracle arrives hehe.

Sounds great! I updated the list!

Allan

CathS

Oky - I'm too flighty for an IDS, but this sounds like the perfect solution. I'll sign up with my LS Manga tarot and see how that works out.

SherryZoned

I am in again! haha... Deviant Moon!