Hi all ! I am VERY NEW here! Oracle Deck?

Trailgirl

Hi there!

Perhaps someone has got a couple of quick suggestions for me, please?
Which COMFORTING Oracle deck would you recommend to a total novice? I am looking for something with a book & exercises,to be used every, or every other day for contemplation/ to start the day right.

Best,
Trailgirl

cardlady22

I'm not sure where to direct you from the workbook angle of things.

In terms of artwork & theme, the decks I have that are comforting to me are

AORA Gemstone Oracle
Medicine Cards

one I gathered myself from Bella Sara collectable/trading cards

Maybe something by Isha Lerner?

irisa

It really depends what kind of theme and/or artwork interests you I think.

Faeries Oracle by Brian Froud is a particular favourite of mine the companion book (by Jessica MacBeth) is a fun read too!
Oracle of Shadows and Light is very cute :)

My all time favourite is Oracle of the Dreamtime again the book is a good read.

Lots more to browse through here

Welcome and good hunting :D
irisa :)

DaughterOfDanu

My first oracle and first ever divination deck was the Healing With the Angels Oracle deck.

Its angel themed, duh. And has classical angel artwork that's really beautiful. The cards are well laminated and large. The artwork is very comforting and very inviting. The deck itself has a very loving energy.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/healing-with-angels-oracle/

This is a link to some pictures.

MareSaturni

The Magdalene Oracle has a beeeeeautiful artwork and very uplifting messages! Whenever I'm sad or unsure, I use it and it always comforts me!

By the same author there's also the Gaia Oracle, another good deck for guidance!

Both are good to start the day with :)

I also love the Sacred Path Cards, which can be used together with the Medicine Cards recommended by cardlady22! It's a great deck, the art may not be impressive, but the book is WONDERFUL!

The two decks by Brian Froud are also great (Faerie Oracle and The Heart of the Faerie).

blackroseivy

I do not personally own the deck, but gave it as a gift & it is high on my wish-list - The Way of the Horse by Linda Kohanov. There is a thread right down below this with a lot of great testimonials - it seems to me it might fill the bill for you! :)

I'm a VERY big fan of the "Oracle of the Radiant Sun," myself - it is astrological & alchemical, but hard to find now so I won't rush to recommend it, besides which I don't know that your interests lie in that particular area.

Logiatrix

Marina said:
I also love the Sacred Path Cards, which can be used together with the Medicine Cards recommended by cardlady22! It's a great deck, the art may not be impressive, but the book is WONDERFUL!
I second that suggestion. They both have workbooks for them, too. I've also combined them, but now I use just the Medicine Cards. Either way, one or both, these are a very nice ensemble.

P. S.
My 'comfort' deck is the Healing with the Angels Oracle. It's quite simple, plug-and-play, actually...so there's not much more to it than the small booklet you get with it (and several posts here). But for me, that simplicity is part of why it's so comforting. I hesitate to cast a vote for it, though, based on the criteria you mentioned. The D. Virtue decks don't demand a lot of immersion or study, IMHO, but I do find my angel deck to be very comforting. I hope that makes sense...:cool:

Chronata

My suggestion would be the Faerie Wisdom book and card set.

Gentle, undemanding, sweet and knowing.
A nice comfort deck, with whimsical art, and a great system.

Trailgirl

Thank you for wonderful suggestions, had a great time researching the decks

I think I have decided on one, based on your recommendations ;-)