The De-Enabling Thread

HearthCricket

Chronata said:
the horrid hoirrid DARK borders...made the images (which are all soft and pastelly) look too washed out! It was so distracting as to make this deck unreadable for me.

This was my biggest problem getting hooked on it. It is so washed out looking that you can't really grasp the images. Okay, I am de-enabled. Thank you!

Mi-Shell

Hi Debra!
Thanks for the link to the Tripple Goddess cards!
They are beautyfull!
I am so lucky that that is a mayors + only deck and not a full Tarot deck ---- or else..... $$$$$$!!!
I love the artwork of Mara Friedman!
I however find the cards get a little overpowered by the lavish border.
they could stand on their own....

Oh Tripple Goddess please
Let me not think of these!
Since my purse is full and my heart is weak
I should not even take a peak.......
Mi-Shell

Queen of Pentacle

Two temptations... Kazanlar - Deluxe Rider Waite

Kazanlar
Ever now and them, I focussing on this deck, but when I see it on my favorite tarot boutique, I always have the strange feeling that it will stay on my shelves, pretty and useless...

After readin a very pesitive new review about it, I'd been struck again, I went back to the shop... And I am still hesitating.

Do-I or don't-I...

Queen of Pentacle.

And the Deluxe Rider Waite,... Should-I indulge ????

gregory

Hey - if you are managing to hesitate - cash in and don't buy! You will find plenty of times when hesitation is not an option. }) THAT is when you really need this thread !

Any help ?

Cocobird55

I don't know about the Kazanlar, so I will address the Deluxe Rider Waite. Do you have other RWS decks? If so, what will this one bring you that you don't already have?

Annabelle

About the Kazanlar . . . yuck.

Looks better online than it does in person. I have it, but I never have used it. The art is jumbled and over-detailed and many cards are outright ugly.

Someday I'll probably trade it away. I'd advise saving your money for a more usable deck.

jackdaw*

Deluxe RWS - the feel of the cards and the edges and all are lovely, but the colouring on the images is NOT the best. It strikes me as garish, even by RWS standards. Even if you do find one available, the money it will cost is best spent on some RWS that have nicer colouring; like the Universal Waite, the Golden Rider or even the Original RWS, or plain old standard USG RWS.

Queen of Pentacle

Thanks for the advices.

My yesterday visit to my new age shop was full of temptations.

Deluxe Rider Waite, i'll probably let it for someone else... I must had been excited with the rariyy and the gilded edges, but it is true that this seems a very ordinary RWS...
Thanks Queen of (multiple) Pentacles and Cocobird for your insigh.

For the Kanzalar, Im still fascinated on the web, but it seem so much duller and busy in person (in cards?), as you said, Anabella. It is "no" for these days but not so definitive.

Anyhow with all the coming new Scarabeo deck for 2007, I may do as suggest Gregory! I even let pass whitout to much regret the "Universal Fantasy tarot" after browsing it card by card.

Thanks for every one of you!
Queen of Pentacle (the other one)

By the way excuse my english, as I am french, mistakes do happen...

Cocobird55

Help!

I'm very tempted to get the Lucky Pack by Arnell Ando. I do have all four years of calendars, so I have all the art. And I'm afraid the cards may be overly laminated for my taste. Does anyone have this deck? What do you think about it?

RaeBelle

I'm sure it's hopeless, but can anyone de-enable me from the Baroque Bohemian Cats?

I like all of the my Magic Realist decks, and I like most of the scans I've seen (except The Moon that cat freaks me out a bit).

Can it be done? Please help....