The De-Enabling Thread

jackdaw*

I know, that's why I laughed!

My biggest reservations are with the "posed-ness" of the figures. I don't think they're ugly, but I don't like how (for example) the Tryamour figure appears in every one of the fairy festivals, just photoshopped to wear a different colour dress. It reminds me of the Timeless Truth, which I loathed. So I think I'm de-enabled, Nina* thanks :)

Nina*

QueenofPentacles said:
I know, that's why I laughed!

My biggest reservations are with the "posed-ness" of the figures. I don't think they're ugly, but I don't like how (for example) the Tryamour figure appears in every one of the fairy festivals, just photoshopped to wear a different colour dress. It reminds me of the Timeless Truth, which I loathed. So I think I'm de-enabled, Nina* thanks :)
Any time... :laugh:

Jewel

I think I can!

QueenofPentacles said:
Can anyone de-enable me from the Fairy Ring Oracle? I've no idea even why I want this deck ... please tell me why I don't want it ...

I know this deck very very well (have used it for several years), and although I personally love it it is not for everyone. Why? you ask, well because the deck is not at all intuitive. If you took away my book you might as well take the deck. There is a very convoluted process I use to read with it, which I have tought Faunabay and Geministar and now they love the deck too, but if you are looking for a deck with which to read intuitively at all, this is not the deck for you. As Nina mentioned, the deck IS cold. As you mentioned it is very photoshopped. However, there is hidden depth is this cold photoshopped deck. Very hidden.

The deck requires the use of reversals, that is very important in the readings. Not because the book says so, you will just have to trust me on that one. You also need a journal to record your reading (card by card), review the meanings in the book, put it into context with the question, then look at your spread and add from there. It works particularly well using a Faeries Oracle card as a guide to the reading. Like I said a very long and convoluted process.

If you like long convoluted processes then this is the deck is for you, as it will provide very indepth and detailed readings if you put the work in. If you don't readings will probably be somewhat if not very vague, and often times not make sense.

If you decide to get the deck I will be happy to share my methods with you, but most people like being able to read intuitively with decks eventually and this deck is not one of those (no matter what the creators of deck have said).

jackdaw*

No, no ... I don't want a deck I have to work at like that! I don't mind reversals, but all that effort? Sheesh.

Thanks, Jewel, for putting the nail in the Fairy Ring coffin :)

Jewel

QueenofPentacles said:
Thanks, Jewel, for putting the nail in the Fairy Ring coffin :)

AHA! One successful de-enabling for me! :D ... and with a deck I really like no less, and all I had to do was tell the truth. That rocks!

jackdaw*

QofP bows to the master ...

Debra

QueenofPentacles said:
Can anyone de-enable me from the Fairy Ring Oracle? I've no idea even why I want this deck ... please tell me why I don't want it ...

Ahem. I appreciate the direct approach, myself, but how about this: with the Fairy Ring Oracle, you've got to learn about the eight 'fairy festival' cards. Too much work.

woops...sorry, I see you've already be de-enabled quite competently! (Hmm. Wonder what ARE thoseeight festivals?)

RaeBelle

There are more cats like the Moon cat? Well that my just de-enable me from it. The Moon cat just freaks me out, doesn't look serene or mystical to me.

If I'm not de-enabled I'm at least paused. Thanks!

jackdaw*

Thanks, Debra. I was puzzled over those too!

RaeBelle, I think that's the only one is the one on the Moon, but it's creepy enough. :p