The De-Enabling Thread

Queen of Pentacle

Flower Oracle

It is not a tarot, but what would you think of the Grandville Flower Oracle cards,
Since I have my "Victorian Romantic", I splurged for the fantastic Ménagerie, then this "Flower Oracle" tempt me a lot ?
Any insight?

magpie9

Are you a fan of prissy victorian misses all duded up as flowers in full bell skirts with teeny-tiny waists and simpering expressions?

ilweran

This thread doesn't work at all :( I now need de-enabling from both the Victorian Romantic and the BBC, and that's after reading other peoples attempts at de-enabling!

At least I'll have to wait until after christmas before making the final decision on whether to buy.

Alta

magpie9 said:
Are you a fan of prissy victorian misses all duded up as flowers in full bell skirts with teeny-tiny waists and simpering expressions?
hehe, yes!
oops, my bad

jackdaw*

Magpie, I had been looking lately at this deck. When I read your post, I picked myself back off the floor where I'd fallen laughing and removed it from my wish list :D

RaeBelle

magpie9 said:

Is the correct answer no?

I actually totally love prissy Victorian misses and bell skirts! If I didn't already own the oracle, that would have enabled me! :)

Jewel

QueenofPentacles said:
Thanks, Debra. I was puzzled over those too!

RaeBelle, I think that's the only one is the one on the Moon, but it's creepy enough. :p
The 8 Faerie Festival cards refer to the 8 Pagan Sabbats (Imbloc, Samhain, Yule, Beltane, etc.) This corresponds to the wheel of the year. Many of these holidays have been adopeted in our daily lives under different names (Christmas, Halloween, Easter, etc. - with different symbolism but that is on or about where they fall during the year).

Since the Fairy Ring uses seasons as its suits, these Festival cards are meaningful in terms of the seasons as well. Some spreads (or at least one in the book) require that you take out the Festival cards.

Does this help? or have I added to the confusion?

Jewel

ilweran said:
This thread doesn't work at all :( I now need de-enabling from both the Victorian Romantic and the BBC, and that's after reading other peoples attempts at de-enabling!

At least I'll have to wait until after christmas before making the final decision on whether to buy.
Ilweran, some decks are just not meant to not be owned by everyone. Those two are two of them. Any de-enabling attempt you have seen here on those decks, was half-hearted and hard to come by. You may see the same thing happen with the Victorian Flower Oracle. Seems to be an issue with all decks published by Magic Realist. IMHO, they are just too well researched and executed to find deep faults with.

jackdaw*

Jewel said:
Does this help? or have I added to the confusion?
Yes. And yes. :) Here I was de-enabled ... *sigh* ...still resisting, though!

Jewel

QueenofPentacles said:
Yes. And yes. :) Here I was de-enabled ... *sigh* ...still resisting, though!
Stay de-enabled, you do not want to put in the work. Remember? LOTS OF WORK. Cold, photoshop, cardboard ... Remember? Hon, just save the money and put it towards the Golden BBC which is coming out in January (it looks like). Or buy the Victorian Flower Oracle which is about $10 cheaper than the FR and is made by Magic Realist (which is a good hint that it might be a real enjoyable deck!).

NOTE: This post is still a valid de-enabling post for the Faerie Ring, no matter how traderous the rest of it is to the purpose of this thread :D