The De-Enabling Thread

Little Baron

They look like horrid computer game screen-shots.

Does that help?

LB

mollymawk

Ugly and shallow. Not quite as bad as the first one she did (that isn't saying much), but it's still a meaningless 'designer deck', and the design was already passé in the 1980s.

I can see this one fitting into an episode of Charlie's Angels.

Is that really what you want?

gregory

MysticalMoose said:
HELLPP!

After a mad couple of week of new decks & suchlike I thought I would have time to recover from the "fiscal turbulence" that has resulted from my overzealous purchasing....however Ive just been looking on the "sites that show all the deck thread" & found myself gazing wistfully & lustfully at Crows Magick Tarot again with my finger hovering perilously over the BUY THIS DECK link...HELP ME....DE-ENABLE me....Please??? :D
Close the window !! })

Or cut off your finger.

I recognise the syndrome all too well, and look what happened to me !

mollymawk

Gregory, I need your assistance over in my enabling thread!

You're much better at that, after all. Dismemberment is a little extreme here...

gregory

mollymawk said:
Gregory, I need your assistance over in my enabling thread!

You're much better at that, after all. Dismemberment is a little extreme here...
Don't knock it till you've tried it.
Desperate situations call for desperate remedies. })

You have to admit it would effectively de-enable !

Jewel

MysticalMoose said:
HELLPP!

After a mad couple of week of new decks & suchlike I thought I would have time to recover from the "fiscal turbulence" that has resulted from my overzealous purchasing....however Ive just been looking on the "sites that show all the deck thread" & found myself gazing wistfully & lustfully at Crows Magick Tarot again with my finger hovering perilously over the BUY THIS DECK link...HELP ME....DE-ENABLE me....Please??? :D

I owned this deck several years ago. I will not insult it, but lets just say I traded it for a reason. I found the deck to be interesting looking, but as I could not read with the thing, and it did not seem very useful for any of the other things I use tarot for (short story writting, meditation, study ...) I was somewhat at a loss as to what it would be good for ... the answer was trading *LOL*. I hear that there is a book for it now, so perhaps someone can explain what it means, but it was a mystery to me. There are way to many other decks to spend your money on. Pass this one up.

la-luna

and if the trumps are difficult to read the minors are a 'an enigma in a mystery wrapped into a riddle' wrappeed into an ugly image...........but then they are so far over it that that well it gives them something "special"

Emily

In defence of the Crow's Magick, if you like computer generated decks or decks featuring animals (although digitally touched up) plus bright colours on dark - then this deck is good.

I'm sitting here with my Crow's Magick, it fell out of the bookshelf onto my sons head yesterday LOL so I kept it out and I've just had an amazing reading with it - I shouldn't really be in the 'De-Enabling thread' but I've always liked this deck. :p

magpie9

Emily said:
......snip....I'm sitting here with my Crow's Magick, it fell out of the bookshelf onto my sons head yesterday
SEE???!!! And it's VICIOUS, besides...! :bugeyed:

Apocalipstick

I seem to have acquired a wooden spoon. Thanks, LB. :p I suppose it could be used to beat back this fugly, vicious deck.

Uh, yeah... de-enabling. The Courts looks like the toys fast food chains dump into children's meals. Some are fit to guest star on TV spots. Is that what you want guiding you? Is it?

Just look at the Page of Cups. He's all, "Hello, kiddies! Are you ready to have fun with Lizzie the Lizzard? Szzluurp up your shake, and boogie! Let's be crazy and eat friezzz together!"