what is your soul and personality card?

BrightEye

Personality card: Fool

Soul card: Emperor

odd couple

star-lover

so how do you work out soul and personality card then?

i know im chariot from date of birth - is that the soul card??
whats personality?

tabi

Soul and Personality

Mine happen to both be the Lovers, which oddly enough I have never had any feelings one way or the other one.

heading off to check out innerchangemag.com

**Edit: I'm still not sure if I will ever connect with Lovers.

To answer you star-lover:

Personality is the number you get when you add your birthday together, as long as it is under 22

EX: 02+02+1967= 1971 1+9+7+1=18 So your personality is the Moon

You reduce that number down to one digit to get your Soul card. 8+1=9 Hermit is your soul card.

SunChariot

amysquie said:
Hi guys yes it is as Babs says, 22 would be the fool. I do remember thinking that's it's impossible to get a 0, but I was just typing so fast and so used to 0 being the fool that I just merrily typed it lol. Good job one of us is thinking straight. Scared me for a min though coz I thought maybe all the cards would move up a number and my personality and soul cards would be Strength, not the Chariot. Oh well I still have to figure out all the cards anyway and Strength is my Year Card.

So in practice most people don't use their personality and soul cards much? Does that go for other cards like your Year, Zodiac etc ones? There are so many!

Also, how did you get your avatar, Babs? Do you get to upload your own after a certain number of posts?

Thanks,

Amy

It's not that I "use" my soul and personality cards, but I have an idea they are tied in to my purpose here in earth in this lifetime. So when I see a situation that comes up related to these cards I pay extra attention to it and to what I am trying to learn from it. It just kind of makes me stop and think and pay extra attention to it, as I know the situation has extra special meaning for me.
Yes the same thing with my Zodiac card, which is the Chariot for me (as I am a Cancer).

Oh and I particularly use my year cards every year. They have been so accurate. The first year I started Tarot was right after I had lost the love of my life, it was a Death year. Now for me, this year is a Lovers' year for me. Would you believe that exactly 4 days before it started and ex-boyfriend of mine found me on the Net after 15 years of no contact. Now, that's not a coincidence! He's not around now, long story, but again a few weeks ago a new guy started at work and we felt so close to each other so quickly...I know there is a connection between him and my Lovers' year too. (which is on till the end of June)

Oh and I have noted that this is the very last Lovers' year of my life. One day I got bored and did my Tarot years for the next 50 years or so. LOL The Lovers' will not come up again for me. So I know that this year will conclude somehow what I am meant to learn on this topic for this lifetime. I feel very conscious of that. Everything that comes into my life related to love, I find I am paying a lot of attention to now, trying to see what it is there to teach me and to learn it as best I can.

I got my Avatar here at AT, it was amongst the ones we can choose here. I liked it right not was it was a Sun and I an SunChariot. Also cause the Sun card has extra special signigicance for me as it has come up many times in my readings.

Babs

SunChariot

Just to confuse things, and to use Tabi's example. I always add them up in columns. I'm not sure if that means the answer will always be the same, but I find it easy that way. :

_____
1971=1+9+7+1=18 (personality card)

and 18=1+9 for the soul card

Babs

Lula Jing

OK:

------
1991 = 1+9+9+1 = 20 (personality: Judgement) and 2 (soul: High Priestess)

Not totally sure what this means about my personality (judgemental? lol...) but in any case, does anyone know what my shadow card(s) would be, based on this (the darker aspects of my personality) or even if I got this right?

I read somewhere that your shadow card adds up to your personality card, e.g. if your personality is The Chariot (7) then your shadow is The Tower (1+6) So what happens when your personality card = 20? My mind is a blank. :( Unless in this case, you use your soul card (2) which would have the shadow of 11 (Justice) being 1+1=2

My head hurts! lol

Shy x

mythos

1990 = 1+9+9+0 = 19

19 = my personality card - The Sun
1+9 = 10 = my creativity card - The Wheel of Fortune
1+0 = 1 = my soul card - The Magician

Arrrrrgggghhhh! Actually, it is the only number that gives you three cards. It results in a complex life. This is reflected in my natal chart as well, and at almost 55, I can tell you that it has been reflected in my life.

In spite of genetically inherited major depression with is active at various levels at all times, I appear to be of sunny temperament ... and I am, when I am not doing my Virgo Hermit act (my survivial mechanism). My life has been a series of cycles of creative energies of about 10 years duration each, at the end of which, whatever I was doing becomes completely uninteresting to me. There are a couple of years of restlessness towards the end of each cycle as I move from one period of creativity into another. But, there is a thread that connects them all, and on which each grows, even though it appears to the external world that I have completely changed direction.

The Magician ... all my life I have used sentences which begin with 'the trick is to ....' ... so I am the trickster who mostly tricks herself. I am the illusionist. In fact, as a young child, my goal was to be a contornionist when I grew up. But, on the other side ... like Hermes I am mutable, changeable, presto-change, travel light with wings on my feet, the communicator, and the channel of energies. Currently, it is channelled into deck creation - I am well aware that I need to complete this project - which is without question a calling - in a 10 year time span because, hey presto chango, I will be off in another direction.

This 10 wheel process is also able to be tracked within 10 day, 10 week and 10 month cycles, within the greater cycle of ten years. This year I am also in a 10 year. Double Whammy. 'Tis very cool ... getting to ride the wheel of fortune, knowing that no one part of the cycle matters more than any other, it always turns and things always change, constantly creating ... so bad will get better, good it not to be grasped ... it all flows.

mythos smiles like the sun, doing somersaults around the floor (in her Mercurial magician's mind) - so these are my cards:cool3:

mythos:)

star-lover

ok thanks alot for that
so 27/9/1960 adds up to 16 tower? then 7 chariot?
so which one is personality and soul card

M.J

Ok so if my birth date is 19/10/1983 (I'm aussie, so read it backward if you must!), my card would be worked out like this:

19+10+1983 = 2012
2+0+1+2 = 5

... and being a 5 that means it's the same card for both right?

Now I currently own 2 tarot decks but one is in transit - so I have one reference to go from. I have the Animal Wise tarot by Ted Andrews.

It says the number 5 is "The Hierophant" - Longevity, honor and spiritual justice.

In this deck this is represented by the White Crane and the book covers the wisdoms of the White Crane. Can someone please tell me a bit about the traditional meaning of the Hierophant card. My reference book mentions that it represents the priests and priestesses being schooled to walk between worlds. It also mentions how past lives can affect our present. I have certainly been affected by my past lives on a few occasions and for a while it's all I could think about, which is why I walked away and decided to let it all go and concentrate on the life I live now. No point being consumed by the past - and it's so hard to know what to think when there is no way of getting solid information about it anyway.

I guess that is why I am intrigued that it would be a soul and personality purpose! Anyone care to enlighten me? ;)

tabi

star-lover: 16 Tower is your personality card (anything from 1-22 can be a personality card) and 7 Chariot is your soul card (has to be 1-9) After doing the math I show you having 25

1960=
1996/1+9+9+6= 25 since it has to be 22 or under; your personality and soul card is just the Chariot (according to my math at 130 AM so double check me please)

MJ: yes yours is both the Heirophant.

I would suggest going to read the innerchangemag.com site. I believe you want the Fool's Journey Part Four/Three. It was very insightful on mine even though I have no connention to the Lovers. After thinking about it while I wonder if the fact of no connection why I need to work on it?! (of course)