Has anyone trimmed the Druid Animal Oracle?

faunabay

I know it makes me sound smart!! LOL But it was in the instructions for the one I got. So it wasn't like I was smart enough to figure it out on my own!! :D

Master_Margarita

thorhammer said:
Absolutely, faunabay, I like it! My knife-sharpening steel is just not going to fit in there *squinches face up trying to think of the various ways of doing this - not happening*, so alfoil might be the ticket - you rock! Thanks!

\m/ Kat

Here's another little tip. After you sharpen your corner rounder with the foil, punch it through some wax paper a couple of times to lubricate it.

I have a lot of punches of various sorts and the combo really makes them work a bit better. Just a small pleasure in life to have tools that are well-maintained. :)

If all else fails, some copy shops have heavy-duty corner rounders. I rounded the corners of my personal oracle that was done on matboard rectangles, and the professional one was the only one that worked.

There are a couple of threads specifically on corner rounders, I think in the Tarot Deck Creation subforum. OK, one is here, and another one is here.

:heart: M_M~

sharpchick

Here's a photo of the Cat, Fire Dragon, and Adder after trimming.

Attachments

• resize.jpg
    resize.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 133

autumnsdaughter

I'm working on trimming mine... almost done...

I've taken off all of the borders, except for the bottom- I didn't know why I did this, but now I do! It is now approximately the size of the trimmed DruidCraft and the Green Man Tree. Now I'm going to have one big set of Druid cards! :D :D :D

lark

Master_Margarita said:
Here's another little tip. After you sharpen your corner rounder with the foil, punch it through some wax paper a couple of times to lubricate it.
This is a great tip Master_Margarita..I tryed it and it worked like a charm thanks...:)

lark

autumnsdaughter said:
I'm working on trimming mine... almost done...

I've taken off all of the borders, except for the bottom- I didn't know why I did this, but now I do! It is now approximately the size of the trimmed DruidCraft and the Green Man Tree. Now I'm going to have one big set of Druid cards! :D :D :D
I think I'm going to do this too...I always thought it would be nice to have this as one big set of cards.

autumnsdaughter

Just so you know, they are a tiny bit wider than my DruidCraft- and I just cut the white borders off of that and left on the titles and stone borders. The Green Man is also done that way.

I can't wait to get the plant oracle.

I would so love it if they created a stone oracle!

lark

autumnsdaughter said:
Just so you know, they are a tiny bit wider than my DruidCraft- and I just cut the white borders off of that and left on the titles and stone borders. The Green Man is also done that way.

I can't wait to get the plant oracle.

I would so love it if they created a stone oracle!
Thanks for letting me know...I'll fiddle with them tomorrow and see how they look....yup a stone oracle will probably be next...:D

pippi

I have a quick question... I have trimmed my Druidcraft completely - no stone borders or words or anything - just the images. When the Druid Animal Oracle is trimmed completely of all borders, down to just the images, is it the same size as the "naked" Druidcraft, or are they a bit different? I don't have this oracle (yet!) but I was thinking of getting it, and how lovely it'd be if they were the same size when trimmed completely.

autumnsdaughter

They will not be the same size... but they will be a lot easier to shuffle, and will not dwarf the DruidCraft so much...

I think that the plant oracle will be the same size though, so I'm planning on cutting that and putting the plants and animals together.

Actually, even now, my DruidCraft and animal oracle are not exactly the same... but good enough to shuffle together.