Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I find the topic too complicated or confusing

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • The topic doesn't interest me enough to join in

Votes: 23 16.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AJ

one thing I find myself doing is typing a response, both here and at my quilt forum, and then not posting it. Part of forum mid-life curve I think.

barefootlife

Personally, I don't feel like I have a lot to contribute to more complex discussions where spreads use a lot of number relations, ill-dignified suits, etc. It's fascinating, but (and maybe just because it's something I haven't been exposed to a lot) I feel like that kind of logical, mathematical approach doesn't necessarily mesh with my personal reading (or personal life, because math and I have never been friends. Quints are interesting, though, and I might incorporate them more!). Maybe it will later, but right now it doesn't feel natural. There are a lot of people on some boards who have been practicing longer than I've been on the planet, and there's not much I feel I can add to what they say. It's a bit like talking back to the professor.

On the reading interpretations posts, I'll often contribute if I get to a post early and/or what I see in a reading is something different than what other posters are saying, but if it's the equivalent of 'same', that's not adding to the conversation, so I don't.

Ziev

When I first joined I used to comment on other people readings when they asked. What turned me off was a passsive aggressive bully who basically stated my comments were wrong and her way was right. And when I was new here it turned me off from commenting on posts thinking I had nothing to offer. I don't think that person is still on here anymore but she left a bad taste for me leaving comments for other people's readings.

barefootlife

When I first joined I used to comment on other people readings when they asked. What turned me off was a passsive aggressive bully who basically stated my comments were wrong and her way was right. And when I was new here it turned me off from commenting on posts thinking I had nothing to offer. I don't think that person is still on here anymore but she left a bad taste for me leaving comments for other people's readings.

I'm not sure if you still check the readings boards anymore, but I haven't found much in the way of criticism there. It's more of an 'I read the spread/card this way' kind of thing, not people debating the merits of each other's readings. A lot of the reading help inquiries are for fairly straightforward stuff that newer readers are having trouble with, or strict reliance on the LWB. It's totally understandable that you wouldn't want to go back, but it also might be worth having a read, because as an experienced reader you'd have things to contribute. (it can be kind of frustrating to see a lot of 'what does this one-card pull mean? questions, though.)