Essential Lenormand by Rana George Study Group - 1. Rider

Seraphina

Exercise C

Mountain+Rider+Letter

Delays in the arrival of a written document

Mountain (delay) Rider (arrival) Letter (written document)

Exercise A

I can see how Rana arrived at her friend being pregnant, because she heard the news from her friend later in the day after her daily draw, so that made sense! Personally the stork in my dailies have been more about change some small some bigger depending on the other cards and the position of the stork I.e. Subject or modifying :)

Rayo

Exercise A: Rana's Interpretation

For this card I'm going to look at two of her readings, because they're very short daily readings with no particular question.

17 Stork + 1 Rider + 18 Dog

Rana's interpretation: A friend is pregnant. Pregnancy (Stork) related news (Rider) concerning a friend (Dog).

1 Rider + 20 Garden + 4 House

Rana's interpretation: In-laws are coming to town for a visit. News (Rider) about a gathering (Garden) in the home (House).

The first one seems quite straightforward, though I almost never read stork as pregnancy. I would wonder though if "I'm going to receive news about my friend" or if "my friend is receiving some news". I suppose since it's a personal daily draw, it would make more sense to associate the message with me.
But let's say for example that it was coffin instead of stork. I could be receiving news that a friend died or a friend is receiving news of a death and needs my support. Both equally acceptable as a daily draw message, in a way it's all about where that rider is going. Do you guys always interpret the rider as coming to you (or the querent)?

The second has a meaning for the rider that I really like. It could be seen as "news", but I think "coming" makes more sense in the context. This card has such a movement about it that I'm usually inclined to think of something arriving before I consider "news" which seems to be the most used interpretation for it.

Lee

TDo you guys always interpret the rider as coming to you (or the querent)?
Hi Rayo,

I believe, if my memory serves, there's one reading example in the book where the Rider shows the querent bringing something to someone else (i.e. being a messenger), which I thought was an interesting twist.

Rayo

Exercise B:
As I was looking at alternative meanings for the cards, I noticed that stork and rider have a lot in common. Both can represent someone sophisticated, elegant (and with nice legs!), and both are associated with movement, something new, a change.

I'll meet a tall elegant man (stork+rider) and we'll start a new relationship (rider+dog).
LOL! I wish!

I'll receive an invitation (Rider) for a party (Garden) in April (House).

Exercise C:
21 Mountain + 1 Rider + 27 Letter
I'll receive written news (rider+letter) about my little house in the mountains (mountain). I wonder what it could be...

Rayo

I believe, if my memory serves, there's one reading example in the book where the Rider shows the querent bringing something to someone else (i.e. being a messenger), which I thought was an interesting twist.

Oh, that's interesting. I couldn't find that reading in the rider chapter, it's probably in one of the other cards. But anyway, so the rider is not necessarily coming to me. This is something I often wonder when reading, sometimes I'm not sure if the cards are referring to me or warning about a friend/family member.

Fiona_

Exercise A: Rana's Interpretation
Rana's interpretation: A friend is pregnant. Pregnancy (Stork) related news (Rider) concerning a friend (Dog).
Rana's interpretation: In-laws are coming to town for a visit. News (Rider) about a gathering (Garden) in the home (House).

As I see it, it’s ok to use subject+modifier when you are learning, but when you have a real reading, you don’t really have to follow this rule.

Exercise B: Alternate Interpretation
Your friend(Dog) announces you(Rider) that he is moving away(Stork). News(Rider) about a friend's(Dog) returning(Stork). A young man(Rider) brings you back(Stork) your dog.
You go and visit(Rider) a memorial house(Garden-House). Receive an answer(Rider) from the hotel(Garden-House).

Exercies C:
21 Mountain + 1 Rider + 27 Letter
The postman(Rider) brings you the post(Letter) a few hours later(Mountain).

Annew222

Exercises A B C

Rider- Garden - House - News about a house for sale on Zillow.

Stork- Rider - Dog - Important news about friend who shows loyalty.

Mountain - Rider - Letter - Challenging email arrives that brings obstacles.