Decks you use the most at the moment?

greatdane

While I do rotate, my go to most of the time, the Vintage Germans because they look old, shuffle so well and...I got them the way I wanted them. No inserts, no borders, poker size, as well as picking out my favorite backs. Choice is nice.

While I read Lenormand images the way I read them, no matter the deck, there is something about deck images that really ARE old and that's the Vintage German. For a bit of a darker twist, the Samhain.

I also use the Russian decks, the Mysteries of the Old Castle for certain readings, as well as the Lilacs, the original and the one from the Lilac/Cherry combo.

The Flonz definitely gets used as well. It is unique in that it isn't old, but sure looks it, especially after I edged it.

What these all have in common is I really like Lenormands without playing card inserts that have a kind of vintage feeling and these are the ones I consistently turn to the most.

So, what are the decks you're all using this month? Do you gravitate to certain ones? Stick with one only?

seven stars

(((glad you use the VG! =)))

I make a lotta decks, & I keep **wanting** to use them all but, honestly, the only one I really use is the Deck of the Bastard. I did use the Deck of the Dead & Samhain Deck of the Bastard on Halloween just because I have them in the larger sizes, & the Deck of the Dead was a hoot, but it's the Deck of the Bastard for me.

Padma

I've been using the Blue Owl in the physical world, and the Dondorf app on my phone, from Fool's Dog Apps. I find the Dondorf wonderfully easy to read, and the messages so accurate! I need to find a physical Dondorf now - it has become my fave deck :)

I also have the Vintage German, which I do like and use! I also have the Game of Hope repro deck, I do like it when I tire of all the rich little pictures on my other Lennies. It is so spare and clean looking, it really helps declutter the readings, I find.

Also the Mystic Lenormand (too much like tarot and so I cannot read them Lennie style!) and the Gilded Lenormand (I have read about 3 or 4 times with it, it's soooo pretty!)

So funny how they all do the same thing, but only certain ones really click with us!

greatdane

EXACTLY, LOTUS PADMA!

We all like what we like.

Well, it certainly keeps my deck spending down. When you don't want playing card inserts and like vintage, does narrow the field. BUT I do admit to having more than one Vintage German because I love back choices. I know to some it may not matter, but when I use a deck a lot for it's images, having different backs mixes it up :).

greatdane

That is rare to see options in decks

The images are lovely, but so much border. I would have preferred just the black border without the white border, takes up so much of the card or even borderless. I like images to pop more and not have so much going on.

BUT the images are really lovely and I like that vintage look.

Sharla

I happen to be very fond of the Alternate Realities Lenormand and find myself reaching for it a lot.
Yes thankyou for showing us these Lee, these are defienetly going to be my next buy, i love them already :)
While I do rotate, my go to most of the time, the Vintage Germans because they look old, shuffle so well and...I got them the way I wanted them. No inserts, no borders, poker size, as well as picking out my favorite backs. Choice is nice.

While I read Lenormand images the way I read them, no matter the deck, there is something about deck images that really ARE old and that's the Vintage German. For a bit of a darker twist, the Samhain.

I also use the Russian decks, the Mysteries of the Old Castle for certain readings, as well as the Lilacs, the original and the one from the Lilac/Cherry combo.

The Flonz definitely gets used as well. It is unique in that it isn't old, but sure looks it, especially after I edged it.

What these all have in common is I really like Lenormands without playing card inserts that have a kind of vintage feeling and these are the ones I consistently turn to the most.

So, what are the decks you're all using this month? Do you gravitate to certain ones? Stick with one only?

My deck is "Under the roses" i love them. These are my only deck of Lenormands up to now but they are working lovely with me. Infact when i first got the deck before i worked with them i shuffled and asked the cards how we would both work with each other, would we be good together etc ?
I pulled 3 cards and i got Man, Woman, Lilies.... i was so amazed at what i saw as i took the cards as Woman being me, Man being my spirit guide (dad i think), and lilies mirroring Man being someone who's passed away but that we would work well and work in harmony together.

I'll never forget that message.

greatdane

Thank you for sharing that, Sharla!

Isn't it great getting a message like that from a deck? :)

We all have deck styles that resonate or appeal for all kinds of reasons. I am glad there are the choices there are now.

My ONE wish would be that decks be offered with or without playing card inserts, ok, two wishes, and that borderless could be an option. Sometimes borders work well, but I just want the image to be more than half...or less...of the entire card.

I'm sure we will be seeing more Lenormands come out this year.