Probably a dumb question:

blackroseivy

I haven't got the exact facts at hand as regards Aleister Crowley & the Golden Dawn. Were these two associated in any way? I thought perhaps Crowley at one time was a member, but I don't remember exactly. I know they ran in the same circles. Help is appreciated, thanx! :)

mercenary30

You are correct, he was a member. I don't know a lot of the details surrounding his leaving, but they did boot him.

Le_Corsair

Crowley was one of those people who want to be master over everyone else, but the Golden Dawn already had one, so he left/was booted and formed his own group, the Argentum Astrum (Silver Star), abbreviated as a:a:, I believe.

It is similar to those people in the martial arts who, not willing to put in the years required for mastery, change a few thing here and there, open their own school, and become the first master of this new style.

Sorry. I don't have much regard for Crowley. :D

Bob :THERM

blackroseivy

Sounds like Michael Flaherty leaving "Riverdance" & forming "The Lord of the Dance" all for his hammy self!! :D Thanx so much for the info, very helpful!! (Incidentally, I don't have the Thoth because I could never bear him! ;) )