Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Thread ~ Part 3

Mateo06

Off subject. But Fahrenheit is much more accurate than Celsius. More units of measure in between gives a more realistic grasp of warmth.

30-35°C (86-95°F)

You merely have 5 degrees between these two temps, while F has 9 degrees. I think, realistically 95 sounds more accurate than 35.

On subject. I too have fallen behind. I haven't kept going on the Hanson Roberts study group (no one seems to want to join in) and School is getting in the way of must other studies. Plus I am reading the a new book "Dune" and that eats up most of my free time now... But at least I am busy..

hshaffery

Faolainn Storm said:
I have to admit I have done nothing in the last two weeks. We have had an incredible heatwave 40-45°C (104-113°F for those of you living in countries that insist on using antique systems ;) :D) everyday for nearly a week. Even at night it didn't drop below 35°C (95°F). This week has been not much better – 30-35°C (86-95°F), but at least its cool enough at night to sleep. The forecasts for next week look much better, so hopefully I'll get something done then.

Until then, I'll simply have to dream about my deck, and pray for winter to come sooner rather than later!

FS

That sounds like the summer weather back home in Arizona in the states. Our 30-ish°F here in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania + grad school have, like Mateo, set me behind on a fairly regular basis. Fortunately, I am really enjoying this IDS, and as I approach the half-way mark, I have several new decks on the way which I am pondering.

Is it bad that I'm already considering the next study without finishing this one?! :p

Tharivol

No, it means that you're setting in for the long haul. :p

cherylleebest

"weather" to do my IDS...

Faolainn Storm said:
I have to admit I have done nothing in the last two weeks. We have had an incredible heatwave 40-45°C (104-113°F for those of you living in countries that insist on using antique systems ;) :D) everyday for nearly a week. Even at night it didn't drop below 35°C (95°F). This week has been not much better – 30-35°C (86-95°F), but at least its cool enough at night to sleep. The forecasts for next week look much better, so hopefully I'll get something done then.

FS

Now, if you live in Britain, your IDS can profit from adverse weather conditions by getting 2 day off work due to widespread closures and routes rendered impassable due to snow!

Enough time, (2 days, in fact), to set up a your own tarot blog (and do some ironing)!

Skimo

Hi everyone,

Still IDSing with the DM. I have been able to journal one card a day since the beginning in my journal but not on the group, will try to do it before I finish...

I have received my first ipod and did put all the scans of the DM on it, it's just great to have them all the time with me...

Onyx

Working on the Aces

I have been looking at a way to study the cards of the Liber T in order so that when I am done I will have a systematic study of them all. As I am committing my whole year to this deck I am not really in a hurry but want to get started as well.

This week I am trying to figure out how to approach the Aces. They seem to be different and in a catagory all on their own. They are not the small cards like the 2's through the 10's but not over and seperate. This has been a challenge that I am working on and looking forward to overcoming.

Staying focused so far as not been a problem but it is still early. I am aware of how easy it is now and thankful for it as well. I know that later it will me much tougher and I am taking the time now to sure up my resolve for the long road ahead of me.

Onyx.

rwcarter

Onyx,

Are you using Scion's wonderful PDF with your study or are you going it alone?

Rodney

2_Journey

Hi everyone!

I haven't been able to work with my deck as much as I would like over the past two weeks. I haven't been able to come to AT as much either. We're in the busiest time of year where I work. I worked 8 days in a row, had one day off, and then am on day three of a 9-day stretch again.

I thought of taking the Four Elements to study durning work, or before or after, but I have been too busy for that even! So I've been letting my relationship with it slide a bit, and I've been noticing the difference.

Last night for the first time since mid December, I was tempted by another deck! :eek: It was the Llewellyn, which I received for Christmas but haven't been able to read with yet because I've been so focussed on the Four Elements. I resisted the urge but it was tough! I think with how hectic my life has been for the past couple of weeks, I wanted to work with something familiar and comforting. I wanted to read with a deck where the people look like real people and the minors have scenes on them instead of pips, if you can imagine such a thing. ;)

I'm glad I didn't take out the Llewellyn, because I think working with a different deck would have broken the vibe I have going with the Four Elements. I think I'll learn more in the long run by sticking with one deck (that I really do love!) in the tough times rather than just hopping to a different deck when the going gets tough.

Although oooh. That Llewellyn is really begging to be trimmed. But no! Resist! Resist! :D

SolSionnach

Hello all!

I've been working with both my Thoths, and my older deck is still being very huffy with me! Yesterday my COD was the 7/Disks - Failure - and that made absolutely zero sense. I'm putting it back in a time out with the rest of my decks, and only using the new large sized version for the rest of the month. Heck, I may *never* use that smaller deck again. Grrrr...

rwcarter

sravana said:
Hello all!

I've been working with both my Thoths, and my older deck is still being very huffy with me! Yesterday my COD was the 7/Disks - Failure - and that made absolutely zero sense. I'm putting it back in a time out with the rest of my decks, and only using the new large sized version for the rest of the month. Heck, I may *never* use that smaller deck again. Grrrr...
Your smaller Thoth sounds like it's on the ball to me. It predicted that you would fail with it and you proved it right by putting it away. Sounds like you let it get the best of you.... })

You need to show your smaller deck who the boss is. And I think her name is sravana.... :laugh:

Rodney