Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Thread ~ Part 3

Madame Squee

Hitting restart...

Hey Rodney,

Can you change me from Queen of Spades to The Red Queen on your master list?

Also, I'm changing to the Buckland Romani Tarot.

I feel like such a wretch for never sticking with my IDS pledge for more than a week (or two?), but I'm feeling particularly strong tonight for a variety of reasons. :)

Thank you for always being here! :heart:

x
TRQ

thorhammer

I'm in. I realised last night it had been weeks since I'd done a real proper reading for myself and it's because this one deck a week caper has me all shallow and stuff. I need to focus. I have to have some of the freedom taken away from me so I can fill some gaps up (why, hello there, Atu IV :D).

And because I've chosen a particular deck to use for NaNoWriMo and I don't want to stop that, and because it's beautiful and awe-inspiring and has so much backstory and traction, I'm going with . . .

*drumroll, please*

The William Blake Tarot of the Creative Imagination.

I will use this deck only for readings at least until the end of the year, and me being me, most likely longer. I don't think I'll be able to stop pondering the Thoth but I won't use it for readings. I will journal the cards (I just got a new journal, yay!) and other decks will quail in sheer insignificance as my Blake Tarot strides in its place of favour at my side. :D

I do have one Faeries and one Lenormand Reading to do in November, and I will probably still be Lenormanding because it's so different in my mind from Tarot.

New decks will be checked and put away.

Hi, everyone, it's a fine feeling to be back :)

\m/ Kat

nicky

thorhammer said:
I'm in. I realised last night it had been weeks since I'd done a real proper reading for myself and it's because this one deck a week caper has me all shallow and stuff. I need to focus. I have to have some of the freedom taken away from me so I can fill some gaps up (why, hello there, Atu IV :D).

And because I've chosen a particular deck to use for NaNoWriMo and I don't want to stop that, and because it's beautiful and awe-inspiring and has so much backstory and traction, I'm going with . . .

*drumroll, please*

The William Blake Tarot of the Creative Imagination.

awesome deck... YaY!

thorhammer

Thanks nicky :) It has few fans - but I know Le Fanu will be proud of me :D

\m/ Kat

LotusSong

nicky said:
Lotus Song

You can try the 'way back machine"

http://web.archive.org/collections/web/advanced.html

good luck :)

Oh wow, thank you so much! The advance search didn't work (it gave me an error) but the normal search on the front page gave me the page I was looking for. It has now been transferred to a Word document and saved. Thank you! I'll get back to really looking at these cards after school tomorrow.

sapienza

Glad you are back Kat. I'll be very interested to hear how you go with the William Blake deck. It's a deck that has always intrigued me and yet I don't have a copy....maybe one day.

I've been doing morning and evening draws with my Dame Fortune's Wheel and started posting to the study group. Although I love the artwork and the philosophy behind the deck I still don't feel like I've really connected with the cards yet. Mind you, I have only just begun :)

I've not done any more study group posting this week as I'm teaching a full day workshop this Saturday and so my energies are all going to preparing for that. I'm nearly through Paul Huson's book which has been a really enjoyable read. I'm still not sure what bits are incorrect and no idea how to find out. I wonder if there is any book about tarot history that is completely accurate? I'm not sure there is.

rwcarter

(sniff sniff) I always hoped I'd see this day (dabbing at my eyes) but never really thought I would (sniff sniff)....

[size=+2]WELCOME BACK KAT!!!!![/SIZE]

:D

Rodney

thorhammer

Thanks guys :) I'm off to check out the study group threads for the Blake - I'm at work but since it's my third last day no one cares what I do LOL

\m/ Kat

Wendywu

Yay - welcome back Kat! And with that deck too :) The reading you did for me with that was so worth it - really helped.

Now - my own IDS with the Ironwing goes well. This is an amazing deck. I am trying to do at least one four or five card reading a day with it, am drawing a card a day and doing a brief study, and journalling properly with a randomly drawn major every couple of days. I am not using any other decks for anything (except one bloke who I think needs the Solleone for his reading when he calls round).

The Ironwing seems to frighten people and I must admit that my first entry in my journal is "Bloody hell, I am never going to be able to read with this deck ....". However - a bit of reading, a lot of looking at cards and dreaming, imagining, following odd trails of thought - and this is a deeply intuitive deck to read with!

thorhammer

Funny, it's never frightened me. I know SolSionnach (formerly sravana) had a heart attack about some card or another but none of the majors have that effect on me. I find it a beautiful deck, particularly the minors.

I did find, that first time YOU made me read with it :D that it was a very jarring experience, but after the initial shock it was fine. It was very intuitive which is always difficult for me; I'm not a very intuitive reader. But it was a good read, I remember.

\m/ Kat