The Pamela Colman Smith Centennial Deck review thread

greatdane

Us games

Stuart Kaplan has always been great when I've had a question. When I got the Pamela Comm set from Amazon and the box looked like apes jumped on it and they wouldn't replace, he OVERNIGHTED me another box AND included a signed copy of the Pamela book and he did at his cost. How cool was that? I did ask if they were going to put out the Pamela separately and one of his associates said they didn't have any plans to do that. I would LOVE a slightly smaller pocket deck as well. I totally love this deck and the goodies that came with it.

Emily

I thought it might be a long shot asking if they ever intended to release the deck on its own, but you never know, its been out 2 years now and has a lot of fans. I've tried so hard to connect to the RWS over the years and yet I never did --- until this one.

greatdane

I so agree, emily!

And it always comes down to the money. If the set stops selling so well, maybe they will then release just the deck. I would really love one more. There have only been two decks I've wanted duplicates of, this one and the Anna. K (which I got). If I have to, I will get another comm set, but I really don't feel the need for the whole set, I already have two of the Pamela books (one I am keeping intact, the other I am going to cut some of the pix out of and do a decoupage or something. Maybe just stick the pix under glass on a table! I love her art.

Emily

Hi greatdane, I think I will probably end up getting another set too - I'm using the cards and the book and there are a couple of the cards I'd love to see framed. Every time I get the deck out, it's getting harder to put it away.

I can feel me enabling myself LOL

Bhavana

For anyone interested, I asked USGames if they were going to stop printing the PCS set anytime soon, and though they have no intentions of releasing the deck alone, the set itself is very popular and they will continue to print it for a long time to come. I would like to get another set as well, for the deck, but don't want to splurge on it at this time...and we all know that once it is OOP, it will get much more expensive!

Emily

For anyone interested, I asked USGames if they were going to stop printing the PCS set anytime soon, and though they have no intentions of releasing the deck alone, the set itself is very popular and they will continue to print it for a long time to come. I would like to get another set as well, for the deck, but don't want to splurge on it at this time...and we all know that once it is OOP, it will get much more expensive!

I caved in lol, I ordered another copy from The Book Depository (they are cheaper there), before I went away for the weekend. I'll keep the new set and just carry on using the deck and book from my first. I did take the deck away with me and did some fantastic readings over the weekend, very pleased with it - and I never thought I would say that about a RWS.

Emily

My second Centennial set came a few days ago, I haven't opened the book. It's a backup set so until I need it, I won't open it.

Also my replacement Pictorial Key book came from Stuart Kaplan this morning - I'm such a coward, I can't bring myself to open the bag and take a look - I will eventually.

But what I did do for my working copy of the Pictorial Key was to go online and print The World description out, I changed the font to match the book font, measured and cut the paper to fit and then with a small line of glue, fix the page in place after The Fool. The replacement page is in-between pages 114 and 115. It isn't glued into the spine but on the edge of page 115, it's not perfect but I'm very happy. I have the complete book now without having to worry about losing the page. Thought it was worth posting this incase anyone else wanted to do it. :)

Stormdancer

aHA...my book is missing that as well.

Emily

aHA...my book is missing that as well.

I wonder if all the books in that print run were the same. Its not pages that didn't get added, all the page numbers are correct, so the description for The World just wasn't included when the book was sent to the printers. That is probably why it wasn't picked up on, no pages are missing, the book looks intact.
I still haven't opened my replacement copy, I'll open it later just to see if the missing description is there.

EDIT

Just checked and the World description is there - I have a complete book. They must have reprinted the whole book because the page numbers are in sequence.

Stormdancer

I don't have any kind of receipt. Is that gonna be necessary? :( Or can I just email customer svc and ask?