OMG! Key To The Kingdom reprint!!

karen0205

I just got my Key to the Kingdom deck and poured over each card's illustration. It's great. I really like it. My question is directed to anyone who uses this deck. Do you try to use the literature quoted with each card to define some kind of meaning to the cards or do you just interpret them yourselves? Do you find that a meaning comes across when using it as an oracle?

Thanks!

Aerin

karen0205 said:
I just got my Key to the Kingdom deck and poured over each card's illustration. It's great. I really like it. My question is directed to anyone who uses this deck. Do you try to use the literature quoted with each card to define some kind of meaning to the cards or do you just interpret them yourselves? Do you find that a meaning comes across when using it as an oracle?

Thanks!

I'v tried using it as a one card draw type thing, focusing on my issue or puzzle or the day ahead and then looking at the illustration and reading the poem.

That seems to work quite well as a way of making connections. I haven't tried to use it in any kind of predictive sense, just more in a 'here's another angle to think about' sense.

Aerin

ps isn't the clubs card with the door and the Walter de la Mare 'Eeka Leeka...' verse creepy? I've tried to track down the poem to see if it is longer etc but had no success, seems the text isn't on the 'net and I can't find which anthology the poem comes from. Yet.

karen0205

Aerin said:
ps isn't the clubs card with the door and the Walter de la Mare 'Eeka Leeka...' verse creepy? I've tried to track down the poem to see if it is longer etc but had no success, seems the text isn't on the 'net and I can't find which anthology the poem comes from. Yet.

I'll have to look that up and see if I can find anything out about that too.

Willow Huntermoon

Ruby7 said:
I just picked up The Key to the Kingdom set at Chapters for $4.99 CDN (regular price of $32.95)

Ruby7

I too just bought my set, for $4.79 Cdn at Chapters it was the last one in the clearance section.

Aerin

Willow Huntermoon said:
I too just bought my set, for $4.79 Cdn at Chapters it was the last one in the clearance section.

There are a few of the reprint kits turning up now very cheaply it seems, on amazon.co.uk marketplace too.

Or, you can buy one from amazon for full price give or take.

Aerin

faunabay

I pulled this thread out because I just found my local half price book store has a bunch (still sealed) for only $5.98. Of course I had to buy one. }) Haven't even had a chance to play with them at all though. It'll be interesting to see how it works for me.

AJ

I use my deck for solitaire in our RV just because I enjoy looking at each card as they turn over.

faunabay

AJ said:
I use my deck for solitaire in our RV just because I enjoy looking at each card as they turn over.
Oh what a fun way to use it. :)

cardlady22

I just got these from a Tarot Trade and my family really loved seeing them, reading the verses, and then comparing them to our different relatives' Birth Cards. I've got the Goethe deck coming.

Emily

Enabled by this thread, I've just bought these cards :) - I've never seen anything like them, very intriguing and pretty. Not sure what I'll use them for yet but for the moment, I'm just admiring the artwork and the verses. :)