Cartomancers - What Playing Card Deck Do You Use?

felicityk

robinchun said:
Check out www.wopc.co.uk they have a country section and there are russian decks there
They have some lovely decks pictured there, but unless I am mistaken, they don't appear to have any Russian decks for sale.

I have located two that I want on eBay, however...

Felicity

raventepes

I use mainly the Freeman/Cortez Playing Card Oracle mostly, though I do also use random playing decks as well. To me, a deck of cards is a deck of cards. I'll use decks that I've played games on if I need to do a reading, which I've done countless of, but I don't really have a playing card deck set aside JUST for readings. Any deck will do.

Little Baron

Received the Ghost Deck from Euripides today, so for now, that is my deck of choise.

Usually though, I don't have a specific one. Have some nice old ones but any one suits and often, I like the Bicycle decks, just because of the way they feel. And they are a little wider.

LB

Phoenix Rising

Well my awesome Pippoglypth cards arrived today...in which Joey was so kind to send to me..thankyou Joey!! And they are really lovely, and feel good too. I will look most forward to reading with them...oh well, I'm off, me and my Pippos have got some talking to do!!!!

Sheri

At the Seattle meet in December, Umbrae showed us all a really cool deck that is a repro of an 1864 poker deck - I think US Games makes them. There are no numbers (indexes?) on the cards and the courts all are shown full bodied (not reversable). As soon as Tarot Garden gets them, I am getting a deck. Although they are new, they look old. Very cool and just what I was looking for.

I've thought about making my own. I can get stamps for the suits, but alas my courts would be stick figures :D

valeria

Mabuse

A quote from Wrong Way Stevens

"I've read Tarot with a Poker deck and 3 dead people came back to life!"

WolfyJames

I use the Fortune Teller's Deck by Jane Lyle. I've fallen in love with the deck and with its wood/aged/tea look. The court cards seem so alive as well. Lyle wrote a nice book to go along with the deck and I like how she talks about the court cards. In her book the Spades court cards are not bad people, just when reversed. In most books I read Spades people are always bad. The deck has made me use cartomancy again because I like the deck so much.

6 Haunted Days

Right now I am devoting my time and attention to The Playing Card Oracles and deck (Ana Cortez). I am really loving it! The whole system just flows and feels right, never felt that way with a PP system before.