"Hedgewytch" cartomancy practice

elvenstar

Hi silverwings, yes this is a method for reading with playing cards, I use it sometimes too. Give it a go, it's very easy to begin with!

Tallulah

Hey folks! Is it just me or is the Hedgewytch site down? If it is non-functional does anyone know it it simply moved or went completely defunct? I am interested to see what pc system was described there and I hope it still exists somewhere!

LeRoy3

Tallulah said:
Hey folks! Is it just me or is the Hedgewytch site down? If it is non-functional does anyone know it it simply moved or went completely defunct? I am interested to see what pc system was described there and I hope it still exists somewhere!

I've looked for it everywhere, I can't find it... It was amazing! I also would like to know if it exists somewhere.

Tallulah

I poked around in the source code which appears to having a wrongly-coded link to indicate the owner of the domain is selling it. I'm so sad! Please, I hope someone archived the site somehow or knows who owned it. It would be terrible to lose this great resource entirely.

IheartTarot

Tallulah said:
I hope someone archived the site somehow or knows who owned it. It would be terrible to lose this great resource entirely.

The internet archive is here.

The author is Dawn R Jackson and she currently has a blogspot here.

Tallulah

Oh, thank you so much! *cheers!*

tigerlily

Let's revive this thread, yes? I need a break from Tarot and I like this system very much! Ok, to get the ball rolling, here's my trio:

3:club: 3:diamond: K:spade:

For the first rule - it's B R B - "A temporary respite; do not let your guard down."

The second rule: :club::diamond::spade: - I'd say... chronologically: a work that was initially rewarding (financially) is starting to get problematic - or, if I read it as a combination: a business :)club:) is causing financial problems (the combo :diamond::spade:).

On to the third rule:
- 3:club: a growing (3) business, or a part-time job, a temporary job (3 as the concept of "little")
- 3:diamond: a pay raise ("growing" money), a small amount of money
- K:spade: a powerful man, a man of authority, the seeker's boss; as :spade:, a stern man, a depressed man, an enemy, ill-disposed toward the seeker.

Ok, this could be read as the seeker working a part-time job, making a bit of money, but having an ill-disposed boss who is making this little money seem hard earned indeed ;)

or

someone starting their own little business and making their first profits... things look promising, the business as well as the money has the potential to grow... and then the IRS notices you :cool:

inertia

HURRAY!!! I simply ADORE this cartomancy method and I'd love to participate in this circle. So, I'd like to post my opinion about tigerlily's spread. The double 3's (well, any doubles) bring surprises. So, I guess that there is an extra duty/work (3 :club: ) and some extra earnings/money from this (3 :diamond: ) in seeker's life. That's nice.. However, the K :spade: appears. If the seeker is a woman, I would say that a man in her life will be displeased due to the situation. He could be a partner at work who envies her "promotion" or even her lover because he may think that she won't pay attention to him any more, and she will be busy with her job. And definitely this man will block her way somehow( K :spade: falling last).
If the seeker is a man, the same interpretation is valid as above, but also the K :spade: could represent the seeker. So, an extra interpretation comes up.
This extra duty and money came unexpectedly to the seeker's life (the double 3's as a surprise), so this could arouse some "negative" thoughts or feelings ( :spade:). More specifically, the 3 :diamond: means "a scattered mind",as well, so it may indicate that this extra work/duty will confuse the seeker and consequently his energy level (3 :diamond: ) will be low (a :spade: follows).
As for the "boss-interpretation", I must admit that I'm not quite sure about it. The K :spade: is indeed a man of authority, but the "boss-card" is K :club:... Well, that's my thoughts :)
I hope that this thread will remain active, and more members will take part in the study circle!

inertia

Very interesting! I've just checked your post Inthetree, it's really great. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with tarot cards.. As one of my friends say, I'm the "oracle boy" :p Playing cards are my passion (I use three systems, Hedgewytchery, Regina Russell, and my Greek method I inherited from my ancestors) and the Lenormand deck is my companion. I am really sad that this thread is not active.. I guess people are not in fond of playing card readings anymore, or even more of the hedgewychery system.