Scythe card repeatedly seen

Yippee

Hello!

Is there any meaning when a card shows up frequently in different spreads?

I'm a very big newbie with the Lenormand, and was practicing with various/random questions (3 card spread) yesterday. In many of the spreads, I had the scythe card come up.

I should have written down my questions in a journal, as I have now forgotten them. I didn't intuitively get a bad feeling from seeing the scythe, but again, I'm still practicing and could be very wrong. I understand that the scythe has to do with warnings and cutting away. Is this a sign to stop practicing for a bit? Perhaps I'm thinking too much into it :)

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

danieljuk

I think this card for me is the tarot equivalent of 'death' and people get very scared of it sometimes. So it can be negative and also show danger and also surgery. it can also show renewal, moving on (cutting something out of your life) and also there is a positive. Scythes are used in harvesting crops, so it could be time to harvest what you have sewn. It's action is quick and events fast.

there is a story about the scythe and in some lenormand cards it points a certain way. If you have cards facing the blank end of it (the curve blunt part) then that is more positive or things will pass. if cards are next to the pointed sharp side of it, it could show danger or something negative.

The card really depends on the other cards around it. Heart + Scythe could mean the end of a relationship (or divorce), next to a positive card like clover it's positive luck for a short time. It's quite positive next to tree, clouds and mountain. It depends on your questions and topic.

If you keep getting it show up, it could be a warning to a future event or a message that you need to cut some things or people out of your life. Have a clear out or you are about to have a harvest.

YDM42

I get this card often as an indication of timing. Usually something is immediate or right now, it indicates a short period of time before something happens.

Hello!

Is there any meaning when a card shows up frequently in different spreads?

I'm a very big newbie with the Lenormand, and was practicing with various/random questions (3 card spread) yesterday. In many of the spreads, I had the scythe card come up.

I should have written down my questions in a journal, as I have now forgotten them. I didn't intuitively get a bad feeling from seeing the scythe, but again, I'm still practicing and could be very wrong. I understand that the scythe has to do with warnings and cutting away. Is this a sign to stop practicing for a bit? Perhaps I'm thinking too much into it :)

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Yippee

Thanks so much for all the insight! I did not know about the imminent timing of the scythe card, nor the importance its position in relation with surrounding cards. Glad I learned something new!

In the future, I'm going to keep a log of all the questions and positions of cards, so I can make a more definitive interpretation when/if this comes up again.

With more practice, I'll have a better feel for the meaning! I definitely have a better understanding from the answers here though :) Thank-you kindly!