Leo incompatibility

Babymaker

Hi everyone,

My last tarot reading has influenced me to try to understand my natal chart better. I seem to attract negative qualities of Leo ppl. Throughout my life I have always had this. Time and time again I will find im in a situation where a strong leo type of person will try hard to get my attention (even courtship) and then as soon as I give it to them, even after months of trying, they laugh in my face, do a polar opposite and start to ignore me and disrespect me. Im really disappointed in this behaviour and think it is disrespectful. I believe it is because of my weak sun. It is in the 12th house and in fall in libra. And seeing as though sun is ruled by leo I can see the connection.

My question is, should I just ignore these ppl? Part of my libra personality wants to get along with them but my sun is rather selfless and naïve and im exposed to being made fun of by these leo types. They take advantage of my kindness and naivety and then make fun of me. And I find that I tend to meet them when t Saturn is aspecting my sun. They obviously don't respect a weak sun and I think that's why they do it. Yet, the problem is I find them very attractive and it hurts that they are so awful to me. Should I just accept this and ignore them? Or is there something more to learn in the chart? I was thinking these leos are here to teach me to strengthen my sun.

http://www.astro.com/tmpd/cxdyfileBQFzBS-u1386408996/astro_2gw_01_babymaker.43189.343.gif

And this is a synastry chart with a guy who was really mean to me after he won his courtship with me.

http://www.astro.com/tmpd/cxdyfileBQFzBS-u1386408996/astro_61gw_01_17_babymaker_o.44992.804.gif

decan

The Sun sign shows the basic personality according to modern astrology, and I consider it as well.
Actually I noticed that a few Signs (Sun sign) aren't really great for me, but with some differences if it is a female or a male from these Signs. But there are just some observations that I noticed from time to time and I don't necessarily see all the time a connection between these observations and my natal chart.

For example Leo are said confrontational for an Aquarius (my Sun is Aquarius); actually indeed Leo sign is the opposite sign to Aquarius sign, therefore...

But in your chart, honestly it isn't obvious! Only your Ascendant could at times be in square aspect (conflicting) with a Sun in Leo in a synastry (but considering the orb, not all the time).
Other than that, you have no planet in Aquarius (opposite sign to Leo), or Taurus (sign in square to Leo), but yes concerning Scorpio, your rising sign.

With regard to the synasty that you posted the guy (outside) isn't Leo but Gemini (his Sun is at 15°11' Gemini, in trine aspect with your Sun in libra)

Babymaker

The Sun sign shows the basic personality according to modern astrology, and I consider it as well.
Actually I noticed that a few Signs (Sun sign) aren't really great for me, but with some differences if it is a female or a male from these Signs. But there are just some observations that I noticed from time to time and I don't necessarily see all the time a connection between these observations and my natal chart.

For example Leo are said confrontational for an Aquarius (my Sun is Aquarius); actually indeed Leo sign is the opposite sign to Aquarius sign, therefore...

But in your chart, honestly it isn't obvious! Only your Ascendant could at times be in square aspect (conflicting) with a Sun in Leo in a synastry (but considering the orb, not all the time).
Other than that, you have no planet in Aquarius (opposite sign to Leo), or Taurus (sign in square to Leo), but yes concerning Scorpio, your rising sign.

With regard to the synasty that you posted the guy (outside) isn't Leo but Gemini (his Sun is at 15°11' Gemini, in trine aspect with your Sun in libra)

I agree that perhaps having aquarius placements would help because I think being detached and more independent helps with getting along with leo. It must be my scorpio side then cos I like deep and I don't find leo types to be deep.

I'll just be a little more clear. I didn't mean sun in leo ppl, what I meant was a strong leo type of person So with this guy it's his Jupiter in leo 5th house. Another man I conflicted with had a leo asc and his sun was in 5th house. They seem to overpower me and make me uncomfortable probably because I find them so sexy and they know it. It's weird how when showing them u think they are hot, they are satisfied and disappear.

Minderwiz

It depends what you mean by personality and to what extent you treat this as simply conscious behaviour but I think you will find that Modern Astrologers, especially the psychological ones, see personality as much more than the Sun Sign. Like all Astrologers, they see three broad elements: The Sun, The Moon and The Ascendant as being the tripod on which personality is based.

If I can quote from Tracy Marks:

The Sun does show our conscious sense of our identity - the ego. it also shows our self succiciency and our inner power, our strength of will and our drive for personal satisfaction

The Moon shows our instincts and feelings, our awareness of emotions; our emotional needs and dependency. emotional insefcurity and moodiness, our tendence to adapt to our environment passibely and our responsiveness to others - our need to nurture

The Ascendant shows our physical body, our dress and our mannerisms; how we reveal ourselves to other people.

I would contend that each of these three are aspects of personality. We are not jus conscious beings, we act on instincts , we are swayed by emotions and we have mannerisms that identify us to others.

Oddly these three key parts of the chart (according to Marks) would be three key parts for a Medieval Astrologer or a Hellenisitic Astrologer, though these would perhaps differ a little in the weighting that they give to them, compared to Marks.

Indeed Vettious Valens in the second century described the Sun as showing the directed mind - what we would call conscious decision making. He attributed instincts to the Moon and reactions and changeability. The Ascendant he saw as the 'h[Ihelm[/I] that which steers our ship across the sea of life. It contains our body, soul and spirit. Again these three formed the basis for what we would call personality.

Few Astrologers simply confine themselves to the Sun Sign as personality. Most of them bemoan the popular equation of personality and Sun Sign and the over interest in Sun Sign columns as descriptors of personality. The reason lies in the ease with which a person's Sun Sign can be deduced simply by knowing the day and Month in which they were born, though to do a proper chart we need that plus the time of birth and the place of birth. Simply going by Sun Sign is to disregard the chart entirely and to replace it with twelve broad character descriptors.

I couldn't see either of the charts you posted, they had expired. but I doubt very much that you are in some way the intentional or unintentetional victim of people who happed to be born between the last ten days of July and the last ten days of August and certainly no professional Astrologer would claim or argue that that would be the case.

If you are going to do synastry over this, please remember that Synastry requires that you look not only at the Sun but also at Moon, Ascendant and other planets and their placements in both charts.

Babymaker

It depends what you mean by personality and to what extent you treat this as simply conscious behaviour but I think you will find that Modern Astrologers, especially the psychological ones, see personality as much more than the Sun Sign. Like all Astrologers, they see three broad elements: The Sun, The Moon and The Ascendant as being the tripod on which personality is based.

If I can quote from Tracy Marks:

The Sun does show our conscious sense of our identity - the ego. it also shows our self succiciency and our inner power, our strength of will and our drive for personal satisfaction

The Moon shows our instincts and feelings, our awareness of emotions; our emotional needs and dependency. emotional insefcurity and moodiness, our tendence to adapt to our environment passibely and our responsiveness to others - our need to nurture

The Ascendant shows our physical body, our dress and our mannerisms; how we reveal ourselves to other people.

I would contend that each of these three are aspects of personality. We are not jus conscious beings, we act on instincts , we are swayed by emotions and we have mannerisms that identify us to others.

Oddly these three key parts of the chart (according to Marks) would be three key parts for a Medieval Astrologer or a Hellenisitic Astrologer, though these would perhaps differ a little in the weighting that they give to them, compared to Marks.

Indeed Vettious Valens in the second century described the Sun as showing the directed mind - what we would call conscious decision making. He attributed instincts to the Moon and reactions and changeability. The Ascendant he saw as the 'h[Ihelm[/I] that which steers our ship across the sea of life. It contains our body, soul and spirit. Again these three formed the basis for what we would call personality.

Few Astrologers simply confine themselves to the Sun Sign as personality. Most of them bemoan the popular equation of personality and Sun Sign and the over interest in Sun Sign columns as descriptors of personality. The reason lies in the ease with which a person's Sun Sign can be deduced simply by knowing the day and Month in which they were born, though to do a proper chart we need that plus the time of birth and the place of birth. Simply going by Sun Sign is to disregard the chart entirely and to replace it with twelve broad character descriptors.

I couldn't see either of the charts you posted, they had expired. but I doubt very much that you are in some way the intentional or unintentetional victim of people who happed to be born between the last ten days of July and the last ten days of August and certainly no professional Astrologer would claim or argue that that would be the case.

If you are going to do synastry over this, please remember that Synastry requires that you look not only at the Sun but also at Moon, Ascendant and other planets and their placements in both charts.

I don't think you quite understand what I'm saying. I'm talking about ppl who have strong suns, strong 5th house and strong leo in their chart. I'm not talking specifically about sun I leo.

decan

(...)
Hi Minderwiz,
Yes I agree, at least we have to consider the Sun, the Moon and the Ascendant sign.
To consider only the Sun sign is a reduction and probably a kind of caricature, I know this, but most often people just know their Sun sign, sometimes their ascendant, but rarely more.
I agree that to reduce isn't astrology!

decan

I agree that perhaps having aquarius placements would help because I think being detached and more independent helps with getting along with leo. It must be my scorpio side then cos I like deep and I don't find leo types to be deep.

I'll just be a little more clear. I didn't mean sun in leo ppl, what I meant was a strong leo type of person So with this guy it's his Jupiter in leo 5th house. Another man I conflicted with had a leo asc and his sun was in 5th house. They seem to overpower me and make me uncomfortable probably because I find them so sexy and they know it. It's weird how when showing them u think they are hot, they are satisfied and disappear.
Okay I see Babymaker.
Well, the Sun can be sublime and at times exhibit his natural greatness without too much humility!
Nevertheless Mars can be as well arrogant at times, it isn't only a Sun quality :)

Babymaker

Could perhaps my midheaven in leo square pluto and Saturn have anything to do with it?

decan

Could perhaps my midheaven in leo square pluto and Saturn have anything to do with it?
I don't think.
The Midheaven isn't connected with the personality of the native, or with others, but with the status.

Generally we look at the 1st house concerning the personality, the Ascendant, its ruler, the planets in the 1st house if there are some there.

Minderwiz

It's difficult to make further comment, without the charts that you posted to begin with, and which are now no longer available when I click the links you posted.

There are a number of ways of defining a Leo type, the original way would have been to refer to someone with a Leo Ascendant, A fairly common Modern approach would be by looking at the elements and modalities of your chart placements, Leo is the Fixed Fire Sign, so someone with a preponderance of Fire and Fixced Sign placements could be so described. The problem with this is that the more planets and asteroids you allow, the easier it becomesto get such a dominant type. Most Astrologers don't use the asteroids or similar bodies. Traditional Astrologers tend not to use the outer planets and this ends up with different verdicts from the same chart.

On both measures, I come out as Leo. I have a Leo Ascendant and Saturn, Mars, and Pluto in Leo.

Vettius Valens, the second century Astrologer gave a description which is still recognisable to Modern Astrologers:

Those natives born under the sign of Leo are generally remarkable and good hearted, yet they are entirely unchangeable. They can be the kind of person to hate the wickedness of the world as they value decency and the quality of being civilised. They can however tend to be a bit unruly and insubordinate as they hate being expected to flatter and fawn over those people who are supposed to be their superiors. They are generally full of good energy and can be entirely puffed up by their own ideas. If the planet ruling the sign of Leo is in one of the four angular houses and the Sun is together with a beneficplanet (Jupiter or Venus) , then the native will be bright, honourable, tyrannical and noble all in the same breath(

I can vouch for the hating of wickdeness, the dislike of being expected to flatter 'unworthy' superiors. I also tend to be unchanging in my opinions so it might well be these characteristics which don't appeal to you.

If you want more info either repost the two charts, or preferably supply the natal data - time, date and place for them.