Lesson to Learn - Why Was I Brought Here?

Kitichi

I created this spread to look into a situation that one feels one has been guided to.

1 2
3 4

1 - Who is the lesson for? One would expect this to represent the querant, or an aspect of him/her, but I also feel it's important to keep an open mind.
2 - Why was s/he led to this path?
3 - How is s/he meant to grow from this experience?
4 - What is s/he meant to do now (what action should be taken)?

I didn't feel like an outcome card was appropriate - it seems to me that the outcome is supposed to be the learning of the lesson itself, and not a future event, but I suppose one could add a fifth card for something like "How will his/her life improve from this lesson?" or something like that.

Yineth

Just out of curiosity, have you tried this spread? I'm not asking how accurate it was, but how the spread helped you understand any particular query made. As for the 4th card, it does seem a little cliffhanger-ish. Perhaps a morale or lesson of the day meaning for the 5th position?

Kitichi

Yes, I tried it. I have the reading here if you are interested:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=3136398#post3136398

For me, this is a "bigger" event, so there's not really a "lesson of the day" aspect to it. Hmm, trying to think if I can explain why I felt a 5th card was inappropriate ... I'll make up an example from a movie character. :) There was a guy who would randomly and easily sleep with other people, without caring about how it affected the feelings of the other people. He was hot stuff, his friends knew he was hot stuff, and he knew it himself as well. He wasn't opposed to getting in a relationship, he just never felt any of his flings turn into that and so he was breaking hearts left and right. He finally met up with someone who was even hotter stuff than himself, and now he's finally met someone who he can fall in love with. Unfortunately, that person ends up just using him and abandoning him.

He might do the spread, wondering why he would be led to meet this perfect person, only to be abandoned, instead of developing a mutual love. The cards might then show the reason is that he needs to learn how all those other flings felt, being used and abandoned. He needs to learn the lesson of considering the feelings of others and treating them with respect. If this is the lesson to learn ... then what need is an outcome card? In a simple sense, the outcome is to become a better person, which occurs when the lesson is learned.

That's a rather lengthy (and hopefully not too confusing) example of my train of thought when it comes to the outcome and why I chose not to put it with this spread. But I can see that there could be situations where this spread would be appropriate, and an outcome card may be useful, and that's why I mention an option for a 5th card, if someone is so moved. :)

Yineth

Ahh.. That makes better sense now. I'll be reading your reading based of the spread in a moment.

Kitichi

Thank you for posting another example! I like seeing modifications - I'm all about tweaking things to fit the individual person/situation. :)