The "Why Me?" Spread

Gryphflame

This is my first spread, so please bear with me if I'm going about it all wrong. I made it up to brainstorm potential reasons behind my textbook's mysterious ripping, then realized what had happened on my own before I got a chance to use it. It's designed as a way to investigate a single negative event- anything from failing a test to loosing a boyfriend. More importantly, it's supposed to help you learn from what went wrong.

***1***
*2***3*
4*****5

1- The true nature of the event its self. May reach deeper than how you currently see the problem.
2- What forces, people or events lead to this event occurring. In other words, why me, why now?!
3- Will it happen again, and/or how will it affect the future?
4- How can I fix the damage done by this event?
5- How can I prevent it from reoccurring or negatively influencing the future. How can I heal, learn and grow from this experience?

Advice, comments and criticism are all appreciated :)

lunalafey

Great looking spread- I often have those 'why me' moments.
I will have to find something to put to the spread....

Nevada

Gryphflame,

That's a spread that should come in handy for a great number of readings. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Nevada

Wisp Wings

Gryphflame said:
1- The true nature of the event its self. May reach deeper than how you currently see the problem.
2- What forces, people or events lead to this event occurring. In other words, why me, why now?!
3- Will it happen again, and/or how will it affect the future?
4- How can I fix the damage done by this event?
5- How can I prevent it from reoccurring or negatively influencing the future. How can I heal, learn and grow from this experience?

Advice, comments and criticism are all appreciated :)

Great spread! I would however, change trimming up your questions a slight bit and make your last question as two positions instead of one. For me to easily learn a spread (especially one that you know you will be using often), having a one or two word title to sum up the question helps. Here are my suggestions...

***1***
*2***3*
4**5**6

1- ASSESSMENT... The true nature of the event. This may reach deeper than how you currently see the problem.

2- ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS... What forces, people or events lead to this event occurring? In other words, "Why me?, Why this?, Why now?!"

3- IMPACT... How will it affect the future?

4- MINIMIZING INJURY.... How can I repair damages and negativity of this event?

5- PREVENTION... How can I prevent it from reoccurring or negatively influencing the future?

6- HEALING... How can I heal, learn and grow from this experience?

(Remember, this is just suggestions. You really have a good spread. Way to go!)

Gryphflame

The keywords thing is a good idea, Whisp, and I like the idea of splitting up the question. Thanks :)

pacificwaters

I chanced upon this thread while I was reading another post which in turn directed me here. And as I read this I just loved this spread. A fantastic spread for introspection.

Thanks Gryphflame for coming up with it and @WispWings for giving it the extra touch..

Will be trying this for sure in a day or two. Already jotted it down before saying thanks here :)

dach

Nice one

As a new member this looks very useful and I'll be trying it out as soon as the situation is at hand.

Alessi

This is a wonderful spread. I just tried it on two situations and it was extremely enlightening.

Thankyou!

love_light

Thanks for this spread. I just used it and too, got some very enlightening results.

Yineth

I've been experiencing a lot of "Why Me?" events today, so this spread is exactly what I was looking for!

Many thanks :)