Tea Exchange

Eco74

*awwwwwwww*
They took out the little jar of marmalade (rhubarb/cinnamon), and the fruit/berry-mix á la typical swedish country garden... *mopes* :(
Was the linen-bag still there??

I'm glad most of it got there though, and that you like the teas. :)
Cane sugar is just soooo much tastier in my opinion than refined sugar...

greenfrog

Is that what was missing, I thought it was a Tea, but they didn't specify how many items were removed or what they were.

Yes the bag was there. I forgot to mention it.

I have never had Cane Sugar before, it looks great, and tastes great.

Thanks.

Eco74

Well, technically it was a tea made from a fruit/berry-mix and some leaves from the typical country garden so it was a bit of both I guess.
But most of it reached you, so that's a good thing atleast. *s*

ravenest

wahoo!

I got mine!
Thank you so much Chronata! You put so much into it!

I got:
Tea reading book, tea towl, a tea box (yes I do like it!) it's even hand painted! and has a polished stone set on it (what stone is it?) ... it even has a raven in the painting. Various T's (The flower ball one is great). Natural t bags (to put T in, made out of material - did you carefully make all those little bags?)
a little cute T-house (T caddy) and a card. Even the ribbon around the book had little jewels with stones set in them attached to it.

I GOT SPOILT!

I never get presents like that! I don't even get Xmas presents from anyone (except mother dear who fills a box with food items sox and underpants :laugh: )

It's all in the box and on the shelf above the stove, can't wait for the next visitor that wants a cup of T.

When I opened the box the first thing I saw was a letter from customs. They confiscated the tea with orange peel (T containing seeds, fruit skins and fruit pieces are prohibited their phamphlet said).

Also included (by customs) was a payment form! If I want the T they confiscated I can get it heat sterilized at a cost of $42.50 ... yeah sure!
If I don't want it they will mail it back to sender and this costs for some reason, also $42.50! ... Sure guys, I can see them sitting around the customs office sipping orange pekoe now.

So mine wouldnt have stood a chance if the same laws apply, considering it held the ingredients to start an Australian campfire.

euripides

I'm actually a bit suspect about this 'customs' stuff.... I wonder who monitors it? When you consider the stuff that gets imported into the country.

As you say, I bet they are sitting there enjoying their lovely tea, along with the jars of vegemite.... I tried to send a jar of vegemite once and the postman at the desk said not to, that it wasn't allowed. VEGEMITE for heaven's sakes! Something to do with import duty and fair trade. I said, its a PRESENT, I'm not making millions! ARGH.

Anyhow, I finally got mine posted!

tabbycat

Just reporting that I've *finally* got my tea parcel posted! It should reach its destination before Xmas. I do apologise profusely to my exchange partner, who must have given up hope of getting anything by now! My only excuse is that work has been mad and I've hit major pre-Xmas disorganisation - really, I need another month to get everything done! Sorry!

Horace

finally

Well, I finally got mine off too! It will take 2-3 weeks...I hope they don't confiscate anything. I took out a lot after reading these posts. I should have included a laxative tea, just in case :) Hh

greenfrog

hehe

MIne said I could send it back for 42.50 as well.

I didn't notice the heat sterilization thing though...

Wouldn't that wreak the tea?

And I agree, they probably have the best 'smoko' breaks in the World, the people from customs. The biggest range of tea and bikkies to choose from everyday! hehe :D

Chronata

yay Ravenest!

I am very happy you liked the tea box...the stone on it is bloodstone, I think!

The tea with the orange peel was very very good...but wasn't worth the 42.50...to be sure!
So you aren't really missing out!

(although...come to think of it..there were TWO teas with it...the Plumberry one, and the Mood Swing tea... I hope you got at least one of them!)

And the fortune telling book is a hoot! I personally think it's better just to read tea leaves intuitively...but I like the visual aids they give you!)

Yay! that box got there pretty quickly too! happy happy!

Elnor

I am sitting here enjoying a VERY lovely cup of green tea, thanks to Tabbycat!
It came yesterday... so in plenty of time before Crimbo- no worries.
Fortunately since we are both in the UK there weren't any problems with sticky-fingered customs officials.

I also got some 'Very Very Berry' fruit infusion that looks good enough to eat, some 'Inspiration Tea' made from lemongrass, orange and peppermint, some caffine-free tea sold in aid of the Woodland Trust, (who by coincidence I support by buying their calendars. :thumbsup:) Also some 'Hangover Tea'... which will come in VERY useful during the next week.:cool:

All from Whittard, who make excellent teas...along with a lovely Christmas card and letter; thanks so much, Tabbycat- this is the nicest green tea I think I've ever had!

Brightest and best Yuletide Blessings!
Elnor