Navigators of the mystic SEA - 9 of Wands

jema

What I see:
It is night. There is a full moon. On a dark grey floor is painted a half-circle in a pink/peach colour. Around it stands 6 lit torches. One torch, still lit, is laying on the ground and 2 more are being held by a being, pink with no feet that is floating about another figure laying down in the floor. The figure laying on the ground has a cresent moon on the left leg. The floating figure looks like he is coming out from the belly of the one laying down, they are connected. The floating figure is bald, with no hat, only wearing a cat's head necklace.

I often see this card as creating space. To prepare room or time for self-expression. Or see it as preparation for something, like a pregnancy maturing to birth. (9 months)
The RWS image of the weary soldier guarding something comes to mind also... The fallen figure is he dead or just sleeping and dreaming and is that himself in astral form keeping the watch?

This is a new deck for me and I don't have a book, just the little LWB so I am missing out on a lot of details that may be personal to Julia Turk. Still, the images fascinate me.

Le Fanu

I'd love to comment but I'm on holiday in a cybercafé and without my deck! I'll need to get back to you on this one! :)

Your description intrigues me. Off the top of my head I cannot see the details...

jema

Ok here it is:-D

oh and added thoughts, I was thinking of how I often lucid dream and how I then get just this sensation of floating about my sleeping body yet being connected to it. Also as someone on my LJ pointed out, that cat's head around his neck - perhaps another symbol of being watchful even in sleep.

And how COULD you leave this deck at home? You are crazy!

Attachments

• Navigator_-_Stabe_09_-_Intensitat.jpg
    Navigator_-_Stabe_09_-_Intensitat.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 105

Le Fanu

I meant that the deck wasn't at the cybercafé but - as ever - beside the bed to provoke strange dreams... Yes, it's an odd card. The presence of the Moon is very strong in this card; both in the sky and on the floor (half Moon) and the Cat necklace and ankle bracelet is linked to the Moon in the book, which stresses the importance of avoiding too much lunatic influence and demands the need for more rational thought, a kind of counterblance to the Major Arcana Moon card . An excess of wrongly directed intensity is perhaps implicit in the title, rather than a need for intensity.

And the crossing of the wands over the Solar plexus is significant (the book says). Not sure how but there it is..

The book also refers to the appearance of a new and important person in our life as a divinatory meaning. That may be the vaporous figure. A person in our dreams entering our inner circle as it were.

Flaxen

And the crossing of the wands over the Solar plexus is significant (the book says). Not sure how but there it is..

The solar plexus is sometimes seen as the seat of our ego/our will. Perhaps the crossing wands indicate that in a dream state we leave some of those beliefs about ourself behind. We are less limited by what we *think* we are/ought to be. When we dream we are truly free.

I bought his deck last month from a member here and was captivated by the art. Last week, I was lucky enough to stumble across a used copy of the book in a bookshop in London. It is a fantastic deck. :)

Le Fanu

Interesting. Or that the crossed wands are protecting that seat.

I agree (of course) that it is a fantastic deck!! And the book makes it moreso!

jema

*cries*
I really really want that book.
I got some clift notes but there is just so much in these cards...