Cosmic Tribe - Priestess

Jenny-Li

faunabay said:
Surprisingly enough, this is one a the cards I don't care for as much as the others. I like all of them so I'm not saying I hate this card, just don't like it as much as some of the others. I'm not really sure why.
I think it's the expression on her face. To me she almost looks like she's pouting!? And to me the High Priestess is more of an inner power card not outer action. And the many arms to me show physical action which is contrary to what this card means to me. I think it reminds me too much of the Magician card???!!! I look at this card and just don't see High Priestess!?!?
I would love to read some other thoughts though. Everyone has pointed out things I never noticed or paid attention to in the other cards. So maybe it'll happen with this one too.

I don't think I'll be able to say anything that will change your mind on this one, I just had to comment: I have always had a problem with the High Priestess, which is a little odd, since she is a very central figure to the Tarot... But this one I like! The Cosmic Tribe Priestess is perhaps the first Priestess that actually works for me... Weird how differently we see the same images...!

Light and love,
Jenny ;)

Jewel

While I have never had a problem with the HP (always one of my favorite cards), I find something extremely special about the CT HP. It goes back to what I was trying to say earlier and could not verbalize (still can't *LOL*). In this deck she is not totally passive. She is not simply the guardian of knowledge. She is active in the sense that she is a weaver of knowledge ... the journey to inner self and the cosmos. She is a true doorway. I also love this card Jenny-Li ... then again there seem to be very very few CT cards I don't love *LOL*.