to reverse or not..?

sunflowr

Quest Tarot - to reverse or not..?

Do all of you, who are using this deck or plan to, plan on reading the reversals as well? Prior to getting this deck, I didnt read reversals.. never really have.. yet i feel I should with these. But I dont really like reversals. I find doing that to be clumsy. Just my opinion. What are your thoughts? And can this deck be read ok without doing reversals?

HudsonGray

Some decks are made to be read with reversals and some are not. If it's originally designed to go both ways, I use it that way--mostly I figure that'll give the best reading because that's how it was designed by the artist/author.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Inside every older person is a younger person -- wondering what the hell happened.

coldsuns

Thoth Tarot Deck cant be used reverse due to the pattern behind. Most of the Tarot Decks can be used reserve. Usually reserved cards are omen!! ^_^

HudsonGray

Oh, I don't think the backs of the cards really indicate whether or not the cards can be read in reverse position. I've seen people read Thoth in reverseals. Quite often, from what I hear, the publisher is the one who decides on the back image for the decks, which takes that option out of the hands of the original artist. So the deck itself is what I consider, not the back, the box or anything else. It doesn't matter to me if the backs have a one-way-only design on.

bec

...............Thoth Tarot Deck cant be used reverse due to the pattern behind. Most of the Tarot Decks can be used reserve. Usually reserved cards are omen!! ^_^...............coldsuns

I simply couldnt disagree more here. Thoth Deck is one of the decks meant to be read with reversals.

Most decks ? I dont think so, almost every untraditional deck out there are not meant to have reversals.

My opinion bout this, if you feel the cards "should" be read with reversals but dont really like the idea and never have used them before. Give them a chance with this one. Do some small readings where you get reversals in the spread and see how they work and what they tell you.

Could be you got the feeling cause you are ready for reversals :p
Or could be you feel obligated to use them cause it says so in the little white book that came along.

No reading will suffer validation - reversals or not.