Mystical Cats Tarot - The Floating Cat XII (The Hanged Man XII)

Onaorkal

This card is the equivalent of the traditional Hanged Man card.

We can see a calico cat literally floating in the air. Her body is a bit twisted, a bit like when a cat is stretching languidly on the ground. When looking at the card reversed, I found that the way her front paws are placed looks like the traditional Hanged Man legs placement. She has one eye closed, as if she was winking at us.

There are white sparkles all around her to show that magic is at work in this unusual situation.

3 long and thin pieces of wood are attached together, creating a kind of square arch around the cat.

All around the arch, there are several flowering morning glories.

In the lower part of the card, we can see a green plain and in the background, the sky appears bright blue with a few white clouds.

Colors : Mostly green and blue.

In the book, the author used many words and expressions that all explain quite well the advice this card has for us : "true freedom of spirit", "perfect peace of detachment", "illumination", "changing perspective", "turning established ideas upside down", "mind expansion".
Even though the image does not mimic exactly the one of the traditional Hanged Man card, the overall message is the same. When you're stuck, if you accept to see things from a different angle, you might be able to find your solution.

Symbols :

Arch : Symbolizes new paths or possibilities.

Morning glories : Symbol of resurrection or rebirth. Also in the book the author mentions they symbolize illumination and mind expansion.

Blue color : Represents peace and harmony.

Green color : Represents growth and hope.

Sky : Since it makes up for a quite large part of the background, it caught my attention. Common symbol for the idea of freedom and the infinity.

Floating cat : Cats can't float. Why would the authors decide to depict a cat in an impossible situation? Or is it impossible? Maybe the point is to make us ask 'How' could it be possible? When you let go of preconceived ideas and truths, you can discover new possibilities. And that's exactly the advice of this card.

Seldes Katne

This card always reminds me of that scene from Dead Poet's Society where the teacher has the students stand on their desks to view the world from a different angle.

Onaorkal

Ohhhhh! I saw this movie at school and our teacher made us do the same! That was really an eye opening movie and I shall rewatch it as an adult to see what more I could get from it! Thanks for mentioning it :)