TOADies Anonymous.

Michellehihi

Me too have this thought that the feeling to have completed the collecting phase could be the key. I had the feeling, "so now it is good" - though there is a temptation every now and then, but this is really nice.

That's the problem in my case. I feel I need to have all the "classics" and every time I tell myself that I have them all, I see another one I had forgotten. But I am getting to it!

rylla

I fell of the wagon. Again and again. I must have a very selective memory; each time I want to buy a deck, most conveniently I just forget about TOADies. As soon as I push the 'buy it' button on the screen I remember: I should've not buy it I'm a TOADie...but this never ever occurred to me in the middle of placing an order...

I am always buying JUST one more deck...:)

HallowedNight

Well... I haven't quite fallen off the wagon yet, but I'm being reeaaaally tempted right now... i shouldn't have looked at the Wooden Tarot, it's so gorgeous and I have no self-control when it comes to decks apparently. ((But it's just so pretty...))

Sphynx131

Well... I haven't quite fallen off the wagon yet, but I'm being reeaaaally tempted right now... i shouldn't have looked at the Wooden Tarot, it's so gorgeous and I have no self-control when it comes to decks apparently. ((But it's just so pretty...))

I love the Wooden Tarot, it's so beautiful. I just ordered it this week along with the Earthbound Oracle deck. I'm very excited to get them! I guess that's not very TOADie of me ha ha. But then neither is the 10 other decks I ordered this week [emoji50] Lol

starlightexp

I can honestly say that so far this year the only deck I have added was the Urban Tarot because that was sent to me as a gift. Ever since I did the whole "Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up" back last June and ended up purging about 80 decks my collection brings me such joy I don't want to change it.

My focus this year was painting my own TdM deck and with that done I really think that I've come to a zen place.

More decks will be added but just not yet.

Tanga

Well.
The things I've bought have been 2 duplicates of my favourite decks.
Not a new idea. Something that's always been on the back of my mind to do eventually with the favourites that I take out for face-to-face readings and Tarot meetings/workshops etc, (had duplicates for some, but not all of them).

And it seems that I'm noticing a sort of "zen place", as starlightexp describes...
in relation to my decks - and buying new ones.
Perhaps I'm at a "complete" place. ;) *fingers crossed*

Apparently - 'The King's Journey' (that I sent back for a re-fund before Xmas, because it had a load of faults in it. And which was my "I'm off the wagon" deck) - really was my last new deck...

tbcd...

rylla

I feel of the wagon with so many decks I lost count. Thanks to the help of a wonderful AT member I resisted today to a purchase. Wondering does this makes up for about half a dozen of other cards that I bought!? :angel: :angel: :angel:

Michellehihi

I feel of the wagon with so many decks I lost count. Thanks to the help of a wonderful AT member I resisted today to a purchase. Wondering does this makes up for about half a dozen of other cards that I bought!? :angel: :angel: :angel:

Rylla I understand you! On my side, I did not loose sight of how many I bought because I write them on a paper with the dare of shipping....and since January I bought 40 decks! I am ashamed but here is the good place to confess, right? I even started thinking,"am I mentally ill?"

Aster Breo

I'm newly afflicted with TOAD, but I'm finding that this disease progresses frighteningly quickly.

I bought a Noblet majors reproduction deck on a whim a couple of months ago. Didn't even know what it was! But just that limited exposure was enough to contract this cursed illness. In my case, I seem to have come down with the strain that is especially resistant to historic Marseilles and similar reproduction decks.

Since the Noblet, I've bought 4 more decks: the stunning Vaccheta and the Jodo-Camoin, with the Vandenborre and the Gassman Majors on order. And I'm currently running a high fever for the Burdel reproduction. (Such beautiful colors!!)

Even worse, my symptoms include not just decks, but book purchases too! I've been unable to control the urge to buy 3 physical books and 3 kindle books, all on either the history of tarot or on reading the Marseilles deck.

I've tried to inoculate myself by selling a few of my Lenormand and oracle decks, but I just used the proceeds for the tarot decks. So that seems to be encouraging the growth of this virulent plague, rather than helping me to recover. And I find myself hoping to sell more Lenormands and oracles, which, I believe is an indicator that my case of TOAD is likely very grave indeed.

Is there no cure?!?

earthair

Even worse, my symptoms include not just decks, but book purchases too! I've been unable to control the urge to buy 3 physical books and 3 kindle books, all on either the history of tarot or on reading the Marseilles deck.

Is there no cure?!?

Yup, I may've stopped buying decks but it seems I'm buying more books. Which is worse because books are bigger than decks and space is the issue.

If anyone knows the cure, they're keeping it well under wraps!