Book of Thoth Study Group- The Fool

inanna_tarot

ohhh i see!
Maths was never my strong point anyways hehe. Thanks for that Aeon :) I'm at the stage where i can get my head round most of what crowley is on about in the book (after doing my own research into kabbalah astrology and mythology) so me and him are starting on the same sort of 'hymn sheet'. Its really starting to click now and its really exciting for me!!
Thanks again,
Sezo
x

Aeon418

Yeah, it is pretty cool when all the pieces start to fall into place and it all begins to make sense.

Parzival

Book of Thoth Study Group -- The Fool

inanna_tarot said:
I first looked at this card and thougth Peter Pan! The innocence, the boy that never grew up, the inner child and those cute little boots! It reminds me of kids wearing crazy outfits of their own choice because they dont care about fashion or looking silly. Ah how I look into those eyes with kindness rather than like hes staring right through me. He is looking at my heart, my own innocence and seeing how we can fly together. The tiger maybe highlighting how we loose that innocence with fiery passion of puberty, we become more self conscious rather self aware as we were as children...

I really appreciate the wisdom of this interpretation. Especially the shift from the green "Innocent Inner Child" ( paraphrase ) to the "Fiery Passion Of Puberty" shown by the tiger's bite. This reminds me of Blake's "Songs of Innocence and Experience," from the merry green of innocence to the tiger burning bright.

inanna_tarot

I'm glad you liked it Frank :)
As someone who will be leaving her teens soon it takes one to know one I think here lol

Blessings,
Sezo
x

RenegadePagan

Awsome To Consider

With the heart of my spirituality on the Kahbalah, I find it very interesting
to note that, The Fool Is Between Keter= The Crown
and Gevurah= Strength, Binah =The Womb, these two give rise to Chokmah
and Netsach, = Tifferet, which is Splendor...That says to me one who knows a lot about some surface things, but not a lot about things with substance.
Just a thought

Renegade Pagan

spiral

RenegadePagan said:
With the heart of my spirituality on the Kahbalah, I find it very interesting
to note that, The Fool Is Between Keter= The Crown
and Gevurah= Strength, Binah =The Womb, these two give rise to Chokmah
and Netsach, = Tifferet, which is Splendor...
Not sure what you're posting in reply to?? Regardless, The Fool sits between Kether and Chokmah, and Binah comes AFTER them both.
RenegadePagan said:
That says to me one who knows a lot about some surface things, but not a lot about things with substance.
Your post says little, to me, of substance... because I don't know what you're on about. :p

Dean

The Fool Directionless without a goal, action without intentions the beginning of a new phase.

Dryope

I chose to post the relevant part of Frieda Harris's essay on the cards prepared for the exhibition, since she explains what the symbols are and why, but doesn't often go into interpretation.

Interesting, do you know where I can find this essay... is it online somewhere or has it been published?
I'd really like to read it!