Perfect beginner deck with non scary cards esp. Snake

Girl Archer

Hi Lennie lovers, I am new here and I would like you to recommend to me a pretty deck which would be simple for learning (and accurate traditionally speaking, playing card inserts optional) as well as slightly cheerful in tone. By that, I mean no scary snake cards (sorry, Celtic Lenormand we are not meant to be!) or Scythe/Coffin. I mean, I am a big girl and I should be able to handle these things but imagery sometimes preys on the imagination.

So, looking forward to hearing your suggestions! Cheers! :)

-Girl Archer.

Sharla

Under the roses is my deck i use, and snake doesn't seem too scary to me lol.

http://i080.radikal.ru/1405/a3/cce7f94d09ab.jpg

There's actually 4 cards missing here, but this was the best picture i could find of all the cards including the snake lol.

These cards i connected with instantly and i find easy to read, and the card inserts are there but not there in your face, if you dont want to use.

Tag_jorrit

Girl Archer, the world is a scary place and if you want to read Lenormand the cards only show what they show. Beware many of the new decks that have some illustrations that can mislead you in your learning.

reall

HA HA HA! know exactly what you mean!:))
maybe Lenormand Silhouettes?:))
btw can't resist temptation for some shameless self promotion!^^ lolz :))
SO,,, HERE IS my deck in progress!:))
http://primavistax.deviantart.com/art/Chakra-Lenormand-deck-preview-551847237
I should call it impressionist lenormand as it's made of my impression of cards!:))
and I wanted it to be cheerful and light for work!:)) hope you'll like it when completed!^^ :))

Girl Archer

that's really cute, but not really feeling it. It is not exactly a beginner deck. Thanks for the recommendation though Vesna :)

HA HA HA! know exactly what you mean!:))
maybe Lenormand Silhouettes?:))
btw can't resist temptation for some shameless self promotion!^^ lolz :))
SO,,, HERE IS my deck in progress!:))
http://primavistax.deviantart.com/art/Chakra-Lenormand-deck-preview-551847237
I should call it impressionist lenormand as it's made of my impression of cards!:))
and I wanted it to be cheerful and light for work!:)) hope you'll like it when completed!^^ :))

I think you should call it that and I adore your Lenormand deck! :heart: When are you publishing? Will you ship to India?

Under the roses is my deck i use, and snake doesn't seem too scary to me lol.

http://i080.radikal.ru/1405/a3/cce7f94d09ab.jpg

I do like the deck very much, having had my first lenny taste of it with that very deck on here :) Is it just me or do you also feel like that the heart locket is blood stained? It is on top of my list for now along with Kendra's Silhouettes Lenormand, so thanks for sharing pics Sharla :thumbsup:

Girl Archer

Girl Archer, the world is a scary place and if you want to read Lenormand the cards only show what they show. Beware many of the new decks that have some illustrations that can mislead you in your learning.

Thanks for warning me off the newer decks, Tag. That is exactly why I mentioned traditionally accurate with maybe playing card inserts which aren't too overtly done (the Enchanted Lenormand would be a perfect example) but with no red-eyed or long fork tongued snakes which look like they could come alive. It is imperative that it be sitter-friendly too.

reall

ha ha! thank you! I plan to set it on sale via Printer studio! :) think they ship Worldwide! :) So yeah! :)

plan is end of this month? as I need to finish book n extra cards! :)) btw I plan original card insertions! :) It will be discrete n semitransparent! :) will post example on my DA soon! :))

greatdane

I understand about the concern however,

in reading Lenormand, the Snake is meant to look like a snake for a reason. It's a snake. I don't mean it has to be shooting venom, but a cartoon snake wouldn't give me the same feeling as a snake meant to look like one.

As Tag said, the world can be a scary place. Even the cards some deem more negative, can turn more positive with certain cards next to them.

I can understand someone wishing a deck that seems more fairytale-like or playful, but for me, I want the Mice to not look "nice," because I read them as loss or feeling something has been taken, the Bear to look a bit fierce, and the Coffin to look like, well, a Coffin. The cards are about visual cues for the Reader, and we all like different styles, but sometimes there are going to be cards that show up that are meant to not be sweetness and light.

Balance is important no matter what style appeals to you.

I hope you find the PERFECT deck for you. There are a lot of styles and, personally, I think the Vintage German is a good one because it's based on a classic, and is a good one for beginners. The Lenormand Oracle by DiRoberto is also based on the same deck and is inexpensive on Book Depository. You can search here or on Amazon, Book Depository, lots of places under just Lenormand. I know you will find one that appeals to you.

Good luck on your journey.

There are TONS of scans online for Lenormands. Enjoy looking! It's part of the fun to find your deck(s)!

gregory

ha ha! thank you! I plan to set it on sale via Printer studio! :) think they ship Worldwide! :) So yeah! :)
Yes they do. But you might like to check your images against their templates - the dimensions can throw you a bit - my own deck has huge white borders for that very reason; I found out their card sizes rather late in the day !