The book card -- can it mean divination tools?

Kurenai

I am sure this topic has been covered before, but for some reason my search option is not working properly, so here it goes:

This morning for my daily reading I picked up the following cards:

stork (17) - rider (1) - book (21)

My initial thought was that perhaps I would be getting some news (rider) about some changes (stork), and this news will be about some discovery or secrets.

Well, the whole day went by and I did not receive any news of any sorts.

However, now that I think about it, I am wondering if the cards were talking about the tarot readings I've done for the people at the forum today.

On a whim I decided to ask for some readings for people to practice my tarot reading skills. In that sense, the rider card makes sense. The book can also make sense too because it can denote the tarot deck.

Anyone have that experience where the book card indicated divination tools?

Cacia

Kurenai

Yes, the book can depict your studies of tarot or lenormand, and in fact rider is the messages that you delover throught your studies the tarot (book) that will bring evolution and understanding of tarot(stork).

Aster Breo

For what it's worth: In the instructions for the Game of Hope (translated from German), where it talks about some of the symbols, the Book is specifically referred to as a *spellbook*.

Padma

it could definitely mean "delivering (Stork/Rider) messages that are normally secret" (Book)

WolfyJames

It could mean that you're doing esoteric studies and practice with the Book card, so practicing your tarot skills fit.

zhadee

In a daily spread, the cards have a softer, everyday meaning, so you might try reading them in a very basic way:

Stork = brings; Rider = news; Book = knowledge. The Stork and the Rider are mobile, both are about news and change, and the Book is about hidden stuff, so this might mean: today is a good day to study; or: today, you will learn something new in an easy way.

As the Stork has a perspective from high above (either he flies or he is sitting on the chimney), the Rider is on his way from one place to another, and the Book is closed, dark, and heavy - so you might miss something because you pass it by, which can refer to light, casual reading... like skimming the pages.

It can also describe a female, who does a lot of sports, or is always on the move, whose name is in your address book and when reading her name, you wish to give her a call.

Kurenai

Thanks guys for all the wonderful responds!

I think this is what makes Lenormand so difficult for me -- the meanings can be literal, symbolic, or figurative depending on a bunch of different things.

Kurenai

For what it's worth: In the instructions for the Game of Hope (translated from German), where it talks about some of the symbols, the Book is specifically referred to as a *spellbook*.

I had no idea! That's something to think about... :) Thanks for sharing that information with me.

TarotDreamer

I also see Book as a deck of cards. It has come up for me on days when I'm doing readings for clients, reading and studying about the cards, or getting a deck of cards.

Most recently, Book came up when I inquired about getting a deck of Kipper cards. I went out later that day and got the cards! ;)

elle_muse

Absolutely! Yesterday, my daily draw was
BOOK-TOWER-MOUSE and I was thinking about it ALL DAY! Even worried about it, thinking it was something about the law or something about my past. Well, I realized last night that I spent the entire day putting so much energy in wondering what the cards were telling me! So yes, it can represent a divination toll!