Need Help IDing Lenormand Deck

JuniperPress

Does anyone know what deck this is?? Thanks:)

gregory

The BOX is wrong, but it looks like the Turnhout.

cartes-lenormand-wk-14042.jpg

Are the backs tarotee like the old RWS ones ?

Tigerangel

I think it's the jeu Lenormand, as the language looks like French, and the turnhout is Dutch, I'm not sure but I think they are both basically versions of the petit Lenormand, think most Lenormand decks are, ah so many deck that look so similar lol

Have no clue about the box as the Jeu Lenormand has a red box, could be an older version, or maybe the box belonged to some other type of cards, as it seems to have an astrological theme.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-03-05-20-02-26.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-03-05-20-02-26.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 200

JuniperPress

hmm, thanks gregory and tigerangel:)

I have no idea what the backs look like. It's an auction picture and they didn't snap pics of the backs.

gregory

The site I linked shows the Turnhout with French writing - I assumed it was the oval cards that "made it" a Turnhout ? Just as one can get the Blue Owl in English or French. The oval card images are what set it apart for me - I have many Lennies and this is the only one like that.

Good catch though - I just got out mine like yours and while the words are in English, it is indeed just like yours (and the images Juniper posted.) Except for the box. The booklet is silent on the image source... but they are identical wit the ones I posted except for the language - so I am sticking with Turnhout as the layout. Mine don't even admit to a publisher - do yours, Tigerangel ?

Bingo.

http://www.kapaza.be/fr/cartes-a-jouer/lenormand--tarot-kaarten-84690519.htm

Lenormand, cartes de bonne aventure, Franstalige Tarot kaarten in zeer goede staat, met verpakking in zeer goede staat, enkel wat oppervlakkige schade op de achterzijde waar een etiket ondeskundig werd verwijderd, inhoud: 36 kaarten + 1 Franstalige gebruiksaanwijzing, uitgave Carta Mundi Turnhout Belgium, formaat 5,9cm x 9,1cm x 1,5cm.

which is to say:

Lenormand, cartes de bonne aventure, French Tarot cards in very good condition, packaged in very good condition, just some superficial damage to the rear where a label improperly removed, capacity: 36 cards + 1 French-language manual, edition Carta Mundi Turnhout Belgium size 5,9cm x 9,1cm x 1.5cm.

So the layout holds up; it's Carta Mundi in Turnhout. ANYWAY - it just occurred to me I could look in a book. Tomorrow, I think !