The Sirian Starseed Tarot - Who Wants To Begin A Study Group?

UnicornHealer

Hi there, everyone!

My name's Merlina. I'm 28 years old and I live in California. I just received The Sirian Starseed Tarot, (I ordered it from BarnesAndNoble.com), and I absolutely LOVE it! Would anyone be interested in starting a study group for this deck? I would really love to go through this deck one card at a time starting with the Major Arcana. This deck is so intriguing in that the artwork is so different, unusual and just fantastic. The meanings of the cards are all in the standard Rider-Waite format for interpretation, but the artwork is totally unique. The deck is also designed for some really deep soul searching, contemplation and personal ascension as opposed to just divination and forecasting. I would really like to get a group going so please respond to this post if you're interested. This is a fabulous deck and it deserves a study group to represent it and to sift through all the profound layers of knowledge that have been spun into this deck like hidden gold. At first I was a little turned off by this deck's extremely large size, but after examining the images more closely, it became obvious that the larger size actually supports a higher resolution for the imagery. It's definitely worth tolerating a little bit bigger size in order to enjoy the images so much more profoundly. Thanks ahead of time to anyone out there interested in starting this project with me <3

merissa_88

I like this deck also

I have a repeat client who always asks to read with it. i like decks with large cards.

If you start the group, I'll definitely join in.

Achlys

The deck is so gorgeous, I just ordered it.
So if you want to start a study group, I will participate!

UnicornHealer

It is SO beautiful and so artistically fascinating! It definitely appeals to me as a self-identified Adult Indigo Child, especially. I really do not like oversized cards though as my petite, female hands are far too small to be able to shuffle the deck. I have to divide it up into four piles.

However, I wouldn't have wanted them to have stifled the art in this deck by sizing it too small - which makes it impossible to see all the detail ... Even the colors can get sort of squashed together if too much is put on one page way too small - makes me think of the Zerner/Farber Enchanted Tarot deck... You practically need a magnifying glass in order to see all the lines!

I really love the Angel Tarot by Doreen Virtue, however it's actually an oversized deck as well (although not as large as the Starseed cards) that I think would have done better in the same size as these cards - I took the course on this deck and if the artwork hadn't been described verbally, I would have missed a lot of stuff because it's just so small in some places on the images of many of the cards.

I should note though, that I don't really quite see Doreen's tarot deck as authentic tarot though. It's not, not tarot, though either. I guess John Holland's Psychic Tarot Oracle Cards runs along the same lines of what I'm trying to describe (I actually really like that deck as well, but I consider both of them to just essentially oracle cards that include a Major Arcana).

What do you think of the Starseed's place in the world of tarot? Is it, "authentic," tarot, or not? For me, the suit cards and the court cards run mighty close to being oracle cards, but just not quite. I would say I still regard it as a genuine tarot deck, but at the same time, it is extremely eccentric when compared to the meanings and symbolism found in the more traditional Rider-Waite formatted decks.

To me this actually isn't a downside though... If I wanted a Rider-Waite deck specifically, I would just buy one, lol. I usually get decks like the Angel Tarot and the Starseed Tarot to experience something that experiments with quite a bit more than just being another copy of the same thing only with somewhat different images.

The Crowley deck never appealed to me much either though ... The mysticism attributed to it is something fierce to comprehend, especially if you're not familiar with the Kabbalah at all. I started out learning to read with angel cards though, so I think my deck of choice will always be these more different/original types of decks.

Anyone have any thoughts?

yisraela

was this group ever started?

Hi there, everyone!

My name's Merlina. I'm 28 years old and I live in California. I just received The Sirian Starseed Tarot, (I ordered it from BarnesAndNoble.com), and I absolutely LOVE it! Would anyone be interested in starting a study group for this deck? I would really love to go through this deck one card at a time starting with the Major Arcana. This deck is so intriguing in that the artwork is so different, unusual and just fantastic. The meanings of the cards are all in the standard Rider-Waite format for interpretation, but the artwork is totally unique. The deck is also designed for some really deep soul searching, contemplation and personal ascension as opposed to just divination and forecasting. I would really like to get a group going so please respond to this post if you're interested. This is a fabulous deck and it deserves a study group to represent it and to sift through all the profound layers of knowledge that have been spun into this deck like hidden gold. At first I was a little turned off by this deck's extremely large size, but after examining the images more closely, it became obvious that the larger size actually supports a higher resolution for the imagery. It's definitely worth tolerating a little bit bigger size in order to enjoy the images so much more profoundly. Thanks ahead of time to anyone out there interested in starting this project with me <3
Did you start this group? I'd love to join a study on this deck!

UnicornHealer

I did! So far though the only people that who have responded are who you see in this thread, and sadly, I think their participation was only a brief post or two. So we'd be working just one on one for now, unless, does anyone out there want to join in? Can anyone hear me? Lol!

yisraela

I did! So far though the only people that who have responded are who you see in this thread, and sadly, I think their participation was only a brief post or two. So we'd be working just one on one for now, unless, does anyone out there want to join in? Can anyone hear me? Lol!

My sister would join us! Where/how do you want to study the deck. There's 3 of us so far!

Sulis

The best thing to do if you want to start the study is to just start.. Those who want to do it will most likely join in once they see you posting...
People will say that they want to join but the only way to get people posting is to start posting yourself..

Let me know when you've posted your first card and I'll start an index thread for the group..
And please feel free to send me a private message if you need any help with anything.

Sulis - Tarot Study Groups moderator

yisraela

Are we allowed to copy and paste quotes from others websites if we provide the link? I don't know anything about this deck (which is why I want to study it). Thanks!

yisraela

I have no idea how to post card pics here. I found some cool info on the 4 of chalices but I don't know if we are allowed to cut and paste from websites. I didn't take a course on these cards so I know nothing about them.