What stone is the new bees knees?

linnie

Hello all :) In a week or so, the enormously excellent and wonderful Gemfest is hitting town again. I spend a full day there each year, and perhaps a second day as well, although I rarely have a cent left to my name after the first...I always find some newly discovered, or just newly named stone that is a must have... :)

I was just wondering which 'new' stones people have heard of lately that intrigue them enough that they want to adopt them into their family, and why :) Thanks. :heart::heart::heart: :)

Padma

I recently noticed Caribbean quartz, and would really love to have some! :D it reminds me so much of the ocean...and the vibration is quietly sparkly - as though the water had a bit of fire in it - and it is a cheerful stone to touch and hold! :D

https://www.pinterest.com/gemologica/caribbean-quartz-jewelry/

Not the best sample, but you can see the blue and green intermingled...?

linnie

I recently noticed Caribbean quartz, and would really love to have some! :D it reminds me so much of the ocean...and the vibration is quietly sparkly - as though the water had a bit of fire in it - and it is a cheerful stone to touch and hold! :D

https://www.pinterest.com/gemologica/caribbean-quartz-jewelry/

Not the best sample, but you can see the blue and green intermingled...?
Yes... that's lovely... is it natural, as in discovered in this form, or is it heat-treated or otherwise treated, like aqua aura quartz? I searched around looking for stones sans setting, to no avail...Thanks, lovely Lotus... I'll keep my eye out, and ask stall holders about it. :-0

Padma

I believe it is heat-treated...if you don't mind that, then it might be nice to work with! My understanding of the heat process is that it is the same as when crystals are changed by extreme heat in the earth itself, and therefore should not affect the power of the stone...?

I hope you can find an unset piece, Linnie! Ebay, maybe...? If not at your gemfest, I mean!

ETA Bear quartz is lovely to work with, as well - very steadying and strengthening, I always feel calm and in command when I work with it! I also enjoy lemon quartz, which is lightly effervescent, like champagne! :)

Hemera

Oh wow, thank you Padma. :love: This crystal is certainly one for the Mermaids! I think this is the first crystal I´ve seen that could actually compete in beauty with my all time favorite Aquamarine.
I don´t mind heat treatment either since heat is a natural element. [..now off to find out more about this crystal..]

linnie

Thanks lovely Lotus :) I understand what you are saying about heat-treated being akin to a natural process, and I buy tumbled stone, which is only akin to a natural process if the stone came from a river or similar, being naturally tumbled, but I do so love crystals in their natural or raw state... still, I have something to look for... :)

I just reminded myself that I'm searching for another menalite stone, too, as someone needs one and i gave my last one away :) :heart:
yay that you've been introduced to a new mermaid stone, Hemera :) I have a very beautiful aquamarine... definitely a fan of that lovely, gentle stone, but I'm looking forward to holding a piece of caribbean quartz to feel its energy :)

dryadintheelm

Lol, I'm in this sub forum because I'm facing a similar event, Gemfaire, at the end of this month. I've been pinning stones on Pinterest and trying to figure out what I want to keep my eyes open for, but I know it's no use. When I've gone before, I got a ton of things that I absolutely adored and could not pass up, I know the same thing is going to happen again, I doubt I'll have much money for planned purchases. (Also I'm rather nervous, my boyfriend is going with me and he asked if they'd have diamonds...)

Get on pinterest, browse stone sites and bookmark things that interest you to quell the excitement, and then let what you need or what calls to you take over when you get there :). Last time I went in for emotional healing stones and came out with a ton of fossils instead, and I so don't regret it at all.

linnie

Lol, I'm in this sub forum because I'm facing a similar event, Gemfaire, at the end of this month. I've been pinning stones on Pinterest and trying to figure out what I want to keep my eyes open for, but I know it's no use. When I've gone before, I got a ton of things that I absolutely adored and could not pass up, I know the same thing is going to happen again, I doubt I'll have much money for planned purchases. (Also I'm rather nervous, my boyfriend is going with me and he asked if they'd have diamonds...)

Get on pinterest, browse stone sites and bookmark things that interest you to quell the excitement, and then let what you need or what calls to you take over when you get there :). Last time I went in for emotional healing stones and came out with a ton of fossils instead, and I so don't regret it at all.

Totally understand what you're talking about... :) I always have a few 'must have' stones on my list before I bravely enter the show ground, complete with backpack and money, and i very rarely come away with any of them, but always have many new mineral friends... sometimes there aren't any of that stone, sometimes the only people stocking them don't love their crystals and they carry that nucky energy (I know it would be kind to adopt them and clear their energy, and every so often I do that, but i love knowing that my crystals have been under the protection of people with lovely energy... ), and sometimes I've just gone and spent all my money on lovely things before i find the other lovely things...

Getting very excited talking about it, though... only a handful of days until I go searching! :)

Enjoy your own Gemfaire, dryadintheelm :)... It sounds like a similar type event! Do they have just commercial and retail sellers, though, or are there caravaners, like our "grey nomad" fossickers, who pull up their van somewhere that the have read crystals will be found, and just fossick happily and then bring everything they've fossicked throughout the year with them, and often sell huge amounts of them... these folks offer some huge chunks of imperfect crystal for super cheap... I once got a milky quartz triangle/pyramidal point of a very good shape and nice vibe for $30... it was a bargain :)

dryadintheelm

Well, I've only been to the local event once (haven't lived here long, couldn't make it last two years), but no we didn't have anything that cool. Most of ours is beads, with just a few booths for collectors, though maybe this year will be different.

Briar Rose

Crystals that have been around for zillions of years but are the bees knees (love that, btw). Plus, this weekend I bought a huge bottle of bee pollen.

Merlinite, also known as indigo garrbo
ajoite
scolecite
hiddenite
stichtite in Serpentine
Stromatolite
black kyanite blades
vesuvianite
blue hemimorphite
purpurlite
Nguni jasper
spiderweb jasper
apricot agate
blue onyx
Nummite
polycrome jasper
black amethyst
auralite23
super7
Rainbow moonstone
mugglestone
K2 stone
stone of humankind
and I forget the name of that blue stone in which Stonehenge was made from- sorry

But these are worth researching, holding and getting to know their energy.