The Devil and 'the Curse of Drunkenness'

moderndayruth

There was that thread about stuff we missed after years of reading RWS, but i couldn't find it after something like an hour of searching the sub-forum...

(I did come across some amazing old threads though.)

Anyway, i didn't pay attention earlier that the woman's tail actually represents a grape?

What do you make of it?

I remembered this story:

Once while Noah was hard at work, breaking the ground for a vineyard, Satan drew near and inquired what he was doing, "What are you planting?"

Noah: "A vineyard."

Satan: "And what may be the qualities of its fruit?"

Noah: "The fruit it bears is sweet, be it dry or moist. It yields wine that gladdens the heart of man."

Satan: "Let us go into partnership in this business of planting a vineyard."

Noah: "Agreed."

Satan thereupon slaughtered a lamb and then in succession a lion, a pig and monkey, and fertilized the soil with each in turn. Thus Satan conveyed to Noah the qualities of wine. If a man drinks one glass, he is as meek as a lamb; if he drinks two glasses, he is boastful and feels as strong as a lion; if he drinks three or four glasses, then behaves like a monkey, he dances around, sings, talks obscenely and does not know what he is doing; and if he becomes intoxicated, he resembles the pig."

What do you think? What do you make of it?

eta for typos

moderndayruth

Sophos said:
were you looking for this thread?:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=61310
Interesting tail... very appropriate for The Devil card. Will try to post some thoughts later on.
Thank you, moderndayruth.
Oh, yes!!! :D

Thank you, Sophos!
(Basically i wanted to check whether its has already being asked, so not to repeat stuff. ;) )

I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts!