Base Cards in Lenormand?

GotH

I'm really new to reading the Lenormands so I'm curious about this. I know people read the cards differently but is it considered normal practice to read the base card like some do with tarot?

anie

I'm pretty new to it as well.... and it has never even crossed my mind... Isn't that funny. Never even think to sneak a peak on Leny's.

I find what I get is usually so literal, I take it and run with it... Or if I need an extra card. I draw in order..

Thats just inexperienced me :D

Sharla

Look at my zoomy response lol.

I read the base card when i remember too, even though now i do 9/10 and i do feel like the base card is significant to the reading.

An example: I did a reading for someone earlier today and they asked about a car, and the rider happened to be the base card.

So i think with Lenormand just as like Tarot i think the base card is supposed to be "what" the querent is asking about. Which does come in useful in Tarot and i suppose Lenormand when someone asks for a general forecast, where you can then look at the base card and see what it is they "really" want to know.

GotH

I'm pretty new to it as well.... and it has never even crossed my mind... Isn't that funny. Never even think to sneak a peak on Leny's.

I find what I get is usually so literal, I take it and run with it... Or if I need an extra card. I draw in order..

Thats just inexperienced me :D
Isn't that great when you get literals?

Look at my zoomy response lol.

I read the base card when i remember too, even though now i do 9/10 and i do feel like the base card is significant to the reading.

An example: I did a reading for someone earlier today and they asked about a car, and the rider happened to be the base card.

So i think with Lenormand just as like Tarot i think the base card is supposed to be "what" the querent is asking about. Which does come in useful in Tarot and i suppose Lenormand when someone asks for a general forecast, where you can then look at the base card and see what it is they "really" want to know.

Okay.. so others do read the base card. So you usually figure this card to be the subject vs part of the outcome or what's going on? Curious.

Sharla

Isn't that great when you get literals?

Okay.. so others do read the base card. So you usually figure this card to be the subject vs part of the outcome or what's going on? Curious.

I see it as the foundation of the reading like what the reading is going to be built on. I don't see it as an outcome, that's in the cards in the reading.

Its like a book, when before reading or buying the book you can look at the back cover to read the general overview of what its about.

GotH

I see it as the foundation of the reading like what the reading is going to be built on. I don't see it as an outcome, that's in the cards in the reading.

Its like a book, when before reading or buying the book you can look at the back cover to read the general overview of what its about.

Awesome way to explain that. Thank you. :)

MissNine

Ok GotH you are free to scold me for not studying. :-(
And I will,....after this post. I'll put my phone in airplane mode!

So, I usually do a line by shuffling then looking for the key card I picked ahead of time. I look to the 2 cards before it to see the past of the situation. If not clear enough, I look a 3rd card. Then look to the 2 or 3 cards (depending on how many I pulled for past).

i don't use base cards though. The key card is the base for me.

GotH

Ok GotH you are free to scold me for not studying. :-(
And I will,....after this post. I'll put my phone in airplane mode!

So, I usually do a line by shuffling then looking for the key card I picked ahead of time. I look to the 2 cards before it to see the past of the situation. If not clear enough, I look a 3rd card. Then look to the 2 or 3 cards (depending on how many I pulled for past).

i don't use base cards though. The key card is the base for me.

That's right, this is how I first started reading. Then I somehow stopped. Thanks for reminding me as that's a great way to pull the cards.

Padma

I agree one hundred per cent with this - in my experience with both decks, the base card is what the question is about.

I also always sneak a peak at the bottom of my deck, and I will also add up the numerical values to get a Lenormand summary card. Squeeze all you can out of your reading! :D

Sharla

I agree one hundred per cent with this - in my experience with both decks, the base card is what the question is about.

I also always sneak a peak at the bottom of my deck, and I will also add up the numerical values to get a Lenormand summary card. Squeeze all you can out of your reading! :D

Yes ive only just got the hang of remembering to look at the base card, but totally keep forgetting the summary card. Damn !! Ive been missing out on extra info lol.