Getting pulled in all different directions

danieljuk

that is a great idea Briar! I never though abut dowsing with rods or a pendulum before that but it's a good idea for crystals (which give out energies) and also it's the one shop where it's acceptable to do that sort of thing inside :) :thumbsup:

Labhraín

There is a lot of good information here that I have to sort through. I'll try and list all of the crystals and stones I have maybe this weekend.

recsirec

my collection

I'm new to all of this but I have four crystals: clear quartz, selenite, rainbow jade, and one I can't remember the name of. They were recommended to me by an employee of the shop I go to. Don't be afraid to ask for help! The people who work there will probably have some good suggestions.

Labhraín

List of stones

can you list what crystals you have, please?

Here is the list of every stone that I have, whether it is a tumbled stone, a crystal point, or a piece of jewelry. If I've left any out, I will amend the list (some of these stones may or may not have been heat-treated):

Agate (Regular and Moss)
Amazonite
Amber
Amethyst
Aquamarine
Aventurine
Bloodstone
Calcite
Carnelian
Chalcedony (Blue)
Citrine
Danburite (Clear)
Dumorterite
Diamond
Emerald
Fluorite
Garnet
Hematite
Iolite
Jade
Jasper
Kyanite
Lapis Lazuli
Larimar
Leopardskin Jasper
Magnesite
Malachite
Moonstone (Rainbow, Blue, Blue-Green)
Obsidian
Onyx
Opal
Peridot
Quartz (Clear, Rose, Smoky, Rutilated)
Rhodonite
Sapphire (Blue)
Sodalite
Tiger's Eye
Topaz (Golden or Yellow in color)
Tourmaline (Black)
Turquoise
Unakite

Labhraín

I've been giving this some thought-

If you feel you are being pulled in different directions, it is because you are working with too many crystals at once, and the crystals counteract- meaning work against each other.

Buying a bunch of books that only list crystals and healing properties is like bunch a bunch of dictionaries in different languages wanting to learn them.That would be impossible.

I suggest:

The Eight Crystal Alliances: The Influence of Stones on the Personality (The Group of 5 Crystals Series)

This book will teach you the groups crystals belong to (Sacred Geometry).
This would be important to you because you would learn their basic structure and why you feel the way you do when holding a crystal.

Example:

Malachite,you love it, but when you hold it you feel confused- That's because Malachite brings up old issues. Now- what do you do with the issues? Azurite helps you to speak about them with clarity so that you can understand them. That is a part of a healing process. These work together.

http://www.amazon.com/Eight-Crystal...056453&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=crystal+aliances

or

Katrina Raphaell

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...tal trilogy&sprefix=katrina+ra,stripbooks,272

If you want to buy different crystals, or have a bunch of crystals- how about separating them to align with your 7 basic chakra's and work with one a night to balance your chakra's? This way you can get your own feel for them. This way you give your crystals a purpose and they love that!
That's another thread.

Let me know what you think. I love feedback.

I've never heard of this book but I'd like to check it out. I'll see if the library can get it for me.

linnie

Let the stones choose you. Try flea markets, new age shops, garage sales, etc. And watch the ground :) I keep an eye out for stones everywhere. And I find them in the strangest places. I always know which are the ones for me, because I find myself drawn to them. When you see a stone and say, "I love this one!" buy it if its in your range of price. I have NEVER regretted purchasing stones. I never go looking for anything particular, and always end up with exactly what seems to fit my life and my collection for the time.
Exactly what morticia monroe said!!! :)

Truly...

Books are a wonderful resource... I love crystal books... I erad them regularly and drool over the crystal images... but there's no point researching if you don't know what you want the crystal for. Let the crystal find you, and it can tell you what you need it for :D :D :D