2 decks, same card: Hierophant

arcange

I'm posting here because the KnoP has been a recurring card.

For months the Knight of Pentacles has come up constantly. I've been using Rider Waite to understand the symbolism with the Courts and Pips.

I've gotten frustrated trying to understand why KnoP card is profiling me.

Today I asked: What is my lesson from the KnoP?

I pulled the Hierphant from the RW Then I pulled Il Papa from the Antico Tarocco Italiano. This latter is my favorite deck it resmembles a Tarot de Marseilles. ll Papa is the "Pope". Hierphant and Papa are one and the same.

The KnoP means stability and unchanging, maybe a bit boring but also unstoppable once on the move. I've got to make my goal. My goal is unending. I paint all day for a company.

The last few years of my life have been the only time I've had a stable living/financial situation. It's taken hard work to get to this point. I'll take the boring for now. I love my work and right now it's good. In the past I've had painful moments of instability and I've made some crazy moves.

I don't understand how the Hierphant can be my lesson from the KnoP. I'm not a religious person, I don't adhere to any institution. Recently I discoverd I have karmic debt. 13/4 combination that is supposed to mean I need to work hard in this life. Could this be an answer?

The other things I can think of is the company I paint for has given me this stability and I'm fitting into a profile that works well on both sides. It might also be that I've found this stability in a classic marriage, my second marriage.

Any thoughts on the recurring KnoP and Hierphant as it's lesson are well appreciated.

Thirteen

A "Thumbs up" from the cards?

Let's keep in mind that you asked "what is the lesson" of the Knight/Pents. Well, if you work hard, keep your nose the grindstone (as it were), be methodical and get it done right rather than getting it done fast, yet keep moving forward...

You'll get to be the Hierophant maybe? The Hierophant, in Waite, is Taurus. Very much an Earth sign like the Knight/Pents. He may have a connection to higher powers, to the way "things are supposed to be done" (i.e, traditions, the "bible"), but his main job is to make sure that all that is explained to lay people. To bring what is mysterious and spiritual down to Earth.

I think the lesson you're supposed to learn from the Knight/Pents is that all you're doing now, all you're becoming in this life and job can (1) give you spiritual rewards as well as solid monetary rewards...spiritual meaning you feel you're doing the right thing, on the right path, making yourself a better person. And, (2) it could turn you into a spiritual father-figure. Someone others will come to for advice--especially on how to do it the way "it ought to be done." Classic, traditional, and yes, for "spiritual" reward rather than for earthly reward.

Maybe the reason you keep getting the Knight/Pents isn't because the cards are trying to warn you of anything or make you do anything else--but simply as a pat on the back. The cards do that sometimes. Sometimes they flash a card at you over and over as a kind of "thumbs up." The deck may be saying, "You're on the right path! Good job! Keep going."

arcange

Let's keep in mind that you asked "what is the lesson" of the Knight/Pents. Well, if you work hard, keep your nose the grindstone (as it were), be methodical and get it done right rather than getting it done fast, yet keep moving forward...

You'll get to be the Hierophant maybe? The Hierophant, in Waite, is Taurus. Very much an Earth sign like the Knight/Pents. He may have a connection to higher powers, to the way "things are supposed to be done" (i.e, traditions, the "bible"), but his main job is to make sure that all that is explained to lay people. To bring what is mysterious and spiritual down to Earth.

I think the lesson you're supposed to learn from the Knight/Pents is that all you're doing now, all you're becoming in this life and job can (1) give you spiritual rewards as well as solid monetary rewards...spiritual meaning you feel you're doing the right thing, on the right path, making yourself a better person. And, (2) it could turn you into a spiritual father-figure. Someone others will come to for advice--especially on how to do it the way "it ought to be done." Classic, traditional, and yes, for "spiritual" reward rather than for earthly reward.

Maybe the reason you keep getting the Knight/Pents isn't because the cards are trying to warn you of anything or make you do anything else--but simply as a pat on the back. The cards do that sometimes. Sometimes they flash a card at you over and over as a kind of "thumbs up." The deck may be saying, "You're on the right path! Good job! Keep going."

Thirteen,
I'm very grateful for your insight. The pat on the back, thumbs up, is interesting. I've worked very long and hard to get where I am, to this good spot. I feel like I'm on the right path. Though my bank account is close to zero, I feel good. I'd rather go barefoot than have a chic pair of boots anyway. It is spiritually rewarding. (1)

People have begun looking to me as a teacher of my craft. Becoming the Hierphant sounds like an an honor. (2)Not to be taken lightly, to channel love. I'll meditate on this. Strangely, I don't feel like painting is spiritual, but I can't remember a moment of the day after hours of painting. I do ask to channel through my hands and apply the paint. To bring joy to those who want my artworks.

Thank you for helping bring clarity.

After I posted I thought that maybe I needed to find some religion but I don't like man-made religions. Higher spirit, yes, it's the ringing in my ears, the visions and the prescence I've felt since a child, he has a name. The last 18 months have been a time of spritual re-awakening and connecting directly to light. Only in the past six months I've rekindled with the Tarot and am beginning to understand how it can help me channel the connection.

IndigoWaves

Is it possible that you've been "stuck" in your life on some level (Knight of Pents) -- repeating a script, of sorts, which is based upon firmly held preconceptions/dogma/beliefs (Hierophant)? Both of these cards can show a refusal to change or overall unwillingness to entertain differing opinions and "new" actions, no matter how valid and potentially useful they may be... So, perhaps your lesson involves the recognition of any such tendencies, and their eventual release.

arcange

Is it possible that you've been "stuck" in your life on some level (Knight of Pents) -- repeating a script, of sorts, which is based upon firmly held preconceptions/dogma (Hierophant)? Both of these cards can represent a stubborn refusal to change and an overall unwillingness to entertain differing opinions, no matter how valid and potentially useful they may be... So, perhaps your lesson involves the recognition of any such tendencies, and their eventual release.

Indigowaves,

Thank you for taking the time to reflect on my question. I have felt stuck in a comfortable sort of way. I've longed to paint abstract but my galleries like my realism. Sometimes it's almost like I am an actor stuck in a role forever working on the craft, plodding along and filling orders. I imagine I will one day paint abstract and it will be like a musician masterfully jazz. B

IndigoWaves

I imagine I will one day paint abstract and it will be like a musician masterfully jazz. B

Abstract art and jazz are indeed "anti-stuck"... Maybe now is the time to start going for it? Good luck! :)

arcange

Abstract art and jazz are indeed "anti-stuck"... Maybe now is the time to start going for it? Good luck! :)

LOL, I'd like to but it's not the time, I think the KnoP is telling me to keep on this developing path. The pat on the back that Thirteen mentioned makes great sense. Right now I'm painting rock formations so it is more abstract that what I've been painting.

Thirteen

Moderator Note: Pulled Twice or Once?

Greetings, arcange, a quick question:

You say you pulled the RW Hierophant, and then you pulled Il Papa. Did you ask for clarification from both decks and *happen* to pull the Hierophant from one, and the Pope from the other (you drew it twice), or did you pull the Hierophant from the RW deck and then decide to take out Il Papa from your Italiano deck and examine it in hopes of getting a better idea of what that Hierophant answer you got might mean?

Thirteen co-moderator Using Tarot Cards

arcange

Hi Thirteen,

Greetings, arcange, a quick question:

You say you pulled the RW Hierophant, and then you pulled Il Papa. Did you ask for clarification from both decks and *happen* to pull the Hierophant from one, and the Pope from the other (you drew it twice), or did you pull the Hierophant from the RW deck and then decide to take out Il Papa from your Italiano deck and examine it in hopes of getting a better idea of what that Hierophant answer you got might mean?

Thirteen co-moderator Using Tarot Cards

I asked what is my lesson from the KnoP. I looked at th the RW KnoP while asking the RW deck and pulled the Hierphant from it. Then I took my italian deck and thought, let's see what it has to say. Il Papa came. So yes, I drew it twice.

I read your explanations of the H and thought it matched. I have to go back and see what made sense to me.

violetdaisy

I always find it uncanny when I pull the same card from a number of decks without conscious intention. My meaning seems to both focus down into what the heart of the card is as well as expand my understanding of the card because of the combined images I am presented with.

I think that the KnP has the potential to "grow into" the Hierophant - *instead* of growing into the king of that suit. His path is slow but not set. Popes/religious figures have a "responsibility" to bring the ethereal to the physical so the masses can understand one teaching or another. Ultimately the Hierophant/Pope is a Teacher - one who understands his/her subject(s) thoroughly and with certainty.

A Knight (in most decks) is still a student. Still *proving* himself. The Hierophant doesn't have anything to prove but to something/someone not of this plane of existence. But they have the opportunity to Teach.

Security is great. The King of P has that + family in spades lol. The Hierophant eschews nuclear family for a broader idea of the concept of family.

I think you are coming up on an opportunity that will determine your path between mostly being a Hierophant or mostly being a King of Pentacles and that's why it's repeating for you. You have time right now to look at what you value and what you find of worth and assess where that may lead you.

Take what you will. I really like the Hierophant in many decks but I know that some deck designers view it in a negative light.