3 of cups + the devil as an option to take

214red

I am a bit stumped with this combination in my druidcraft deck, i was asking the what the 2 different options are, the two different roads to take if you like.

I wasn't sure what this meant as an option to take, the 3 of cups and the devil (corrunous) ?

any ideas?

Nik

wind

I would say: take the option which brings you most joy and pleasure:D

214red

wind said:
I would say: take the option which brings you most joy and pleasure:D
now thats an answer i want to hear!! and the other option was strength which sounds a tad boring

wind

214red said:
now thats an answer i want to hear!! and the other option was strength which sounds a tad boring

:laugh: go with the Devil!

canid

Yes, think about your own happiness. Are you the sort who will go out of your way to make everyone else happy, neglecting yourself? Be selfish for once.

blueviolet

Just something to think about -- sounds like the Devil points to short term happiness, and Strength to a longer lasting fulfillment?

starrystarrynight

I think blueviolet makes a good point. I would see the Three of Cups/Devil as a path that will give you a lot of fun in the traveling--but will eventually take you down, while Strength may ask you to reign in some of those antics and "fun stuff", but it will be much more durable and expansive in the long run and probably last much longer.

[If I remember the image on the Druidcraft Cernunnos card, isn't it the Devil standing over a couple who are just languishing in pleasure but seemingly unable to do anything else?...drunk (perhaps in this case) on the sensual pleasures brought by the 3 of Cups?]

canid

Did I miss something? Strength, the card anyway, wasn't mentioned, I don't believe.

214red

canid said:
Yes, think about your own happiness. Are you the sort who will go out of your way to make everyone else happy, neglecting yourself? Be selfish for once.
i have a tendancy to do this, and recently i have wanted to do more stuff for myself:)

214red

blueviolet said:
Just something to think about -- sounds like the Devil points to short term happiness, and Strength to a longer lasting fulfillment?
hmm very good thing to think about, temp enjoyment versus longterm

thanks!