2012 incoded within Rider Waite

Lillie

Milfoil said:
Much of what is written in this thread seems to have been said before here back in 2007.

Lol, cheers, Milfoil.
At least I know now what is being talked about here.

Clearly this is one of them cases where we can't let a little thing like truth stand in the way of a good theory.

re-pete-a

Does it not lend credence to graflix1's findings.

For what reasons were the codes used?

Certainly not for the benefit of the ruling religions. Or for the entertainment of the masses.
Some good minds have worked on these codes .

re-pete-a

Milfoil said:
Much of what is written in this thread seems to have been said before here back in 2007.

I was under the impression that scorpio even back in Egyptian and Babylonian times was represented by the scorpion (long tail and pincers) as in the Moon card yet the scarab/dung beetle was equated to cancer.

http://avalon100.tripod.com/Page2.html

I'm not sure they are interchangeable so easily or have I missed something?

If Lupus, for example, is being used as an astrological point of reference, then that suggests the information had been passed down over many centuries if not millenia since Lupus was not identified as a wolf or named as such until Ptolemy's work had been translated into Latin somewhere around 200-300AD. Prior to that it was a sort of non-descript animal being killed by Centaurus and was part of the Centaurus constellation.

I'm wondering at what point these inferrences were being put down in symbolic form to pass on to later generations and how they can be trusted when so much has changed?

Thanks for the link Milfoil.
Interesting indeed.
The crustacean depicted is loosely interchangeable with Scorpio and the scorpion according to your links info . It also concurs with Graflix1 as to the suns path , so why not the scarab beetle, loosely speaking. Not a bad hit if Graflix1 came across it during investigations.

It seems to have answered my question also, as to the reasons for the hidden code. The change or end of times is close at hand and the promised return of a messiah may not transpire due to it's being a reference of astrology rather than a man.
That could be a good thing and would make sense of the hanged man on the cross of the RWS deck.
As I see it, it may alter the present presentation of beliefs though it won't alter the spirituality of the viewer.

Perhaps they're right, there does seem to be alterations in the weather patterns and exposures to the public of previously hidden informations. They also seem to be happening faster now than before.
But that's a personal seems to , not a stand alone proof.

Milfoil

The first link seems to make the same points that Graflix1 does so I can't say I find it to be proof of anything. However the 2nd link (astronomy) makes a clear distinction between Scorpio = scorpion and Cancer = scarab/beetle/crab. I can't find anywhere else where Scorpio is linked with a beetle and even the body shape doesn't match. Thinking about Babylonia and Egypt - it is more likely that they saw in the sky, what they saw around them and that would be Scorpions and beetles which are native to their lands rather than a crab. The older drawings/depictions of Cancer look much more like a beetle than a crab too.

To me, this seems more like trying to make something fit rather than there really being a genuine, clear link.

Interesting to ponder these things, if we dismiss everything we never learn much but so far, from a cursory glance at 3 of the primary keys given, there seem to be too many wild variables to make a cohesive and verifiable thesis from what I can see.

GRAFLIX1

The BEETLE is a symbol of the SUN (or more-so its DUNG), be it in Cancer or Scorpio, I used the "vehicle analogy" to highlight the ecliptic path and the actions behind the creature.

I quickly viewed the link to astrology and yes, what I have presented here, is well known - to those who see.

The 7 Rishis as referring to "SHINE" is also equated to the CHAKRA, also thought of as centres of light.

The ROSE is but a symbol of these Chakra centres. Think of the ROSICRUCIANS (rose - cross). Hinduism is the last residues of the original archaic beliefs. It is still encoded in the current major religions, just a bit more covertly. This is why we find various codes within the cards. It is a practice to maintain the truth.

In the Bible, St John refers to 7 Churches, and these too may be equated to Chakras.

BUT... and this can lead you astray. Sometimes, possibly to hide codes from those with keen eyes, the Chakras my be represented in various numbers - up to nine (nine worlds). However, seven was considered a convenient number, based upon sacred geometry and number. It fitted well within scripture.

First there was LIGHT. A DOT. A compass point. A Chakra.

The Pleiades upon Fergus Hall's Fool equates to eight pebbles, in total. How I stumbled upon the association with the cluster of Pleiades, is that, in Egypt, at Abusir, the exact layout of the Pleiades cluster can be seen, in the form of pyramids. The three great pyramids, being Orion's belt, direct one's eye to Pleiades via Taurus.

You can not tie your mind up with too much, so called, facts. Each culture has their own fable to tell, in regard to their observed world. And each victor rewrites them. You have to take notes, speculate, and trust your intuition.

The Greeks equate the Pleiades as being the seven virgins and stories of lust and intrigue prevail. However, there is a clue to the clusters possible true archaic nature and that is in its astrological observance at a particular period of the year, where it is said that it foretells of coming rain. I'm seeing the beginning of the warning given to Noah, here, and I am also seeing the ARK as the Pleiades, themselves. The basket of Moses, the whale of Jonah etc, which ferries the sun across the Milky Way, at the nexus points, of by the way, are indicated by the twin serpents perched either side of the sun disk.

The High Priestess, I am considering, is also the WOMB that assists the SUN (Fool). The Magician may be building the Ark or furbishing the fool with the necessary tools. It's all fun, Be creative and expand your mind.

re-pete-a

In the RWS deck.

How's about the Rose in the hand of the fool as a sign hidden in the open.

It contains the FURCA or fork, a symbol of the trinity or through other eyes it represents the Pythagorean emblem of the course of life.

It could also be the crows foot cross, which is more ancient and closer to the shape depicted. It's the symbol of man, with the rose above representing the form of the Ank meaning new life.
Expanding even further
Total meaning could be , New life, Man, course of life, the Trinity at life's end, regardless of direction chosen , all held in the tip of the fingers, at arms length, but within reach of every person is choices, Though most wont see it as their attentions are focused elsewhere.

That,s why I prefer Alchemy,or Hermetics. It's more alluring , for me.
Even the dog pictured represents the Animus/Anima 's(mortal body) willingness to participate in the experience of mortality.

I suppose to round off the abilities to read whats been presented is the necessity to study Astrology, as it seems more and more obvious that, that system is included as well.

Looks like I'll need another term of life to complete the rounding. This head is so full already of other things, which won't be discarded ,as they suit the understandings deemed necessary.

No wonder the wizards/scorcerers are depicted as older mature people.

re-pete-a

GRAFLIX1 said:

The High Priestess, I am considering, is also the WOMB that assists the SUN (Fool). The Magician may be building the Ark or furbishing the fool with the necessary tools. It's all fun, Be creative and expand your mind.

Hermetically speaking you wouldn't be too far off the mark with that idea.

It's mentioned in the book 'Metanoia', by Russell Sturgess much better than I could explain. I picked up a lot from that book.
It can be viewed on this AT site and purchased through AT as well.

GRAFLIX1

There are further covert symbols alluding to astrological connections, that need to be considered, prior to answering your question pertaining to the meaning behind the white rose.

The staff of the Fool unmistakably constitutes an angle of 23.5º and follows through behind the tilted head, and that of the Fool's garland (crown) and points directly at its reason being. This angle is significant here, as it was to ancient Egypt, where we also find renditions of their Pharaoh's crowns, constituting the exact same angle of 23.5º.

The Fool's staff directs the eye to the angle's purpose and at 23.5º constitutes the angles found at the tropic of Cancer and Capricorn.

As alluded to previously, the garland also may represent the Milky Way and with the red (fiery) plume, suggestive of the sun's ecliptic at a nexus, I would hazard a guess that what we are observing, is the sun's transition over the Milky Way (near Pleiades - evident by mountain peaks).

Contrary to popular belief, the Fool is not heading into the Abyss (cave), he is emerging and being reborn as the season's (summer) new-sun.

Time code = 21/12

Sun God = yellow boots, yellow hair.

The eight pointed cross' upon his tunic allude to the Galactic and Earth crosses. On a grander scale, the Fool is perched at the nexus of Pleiades (as it is happening right now)

The white rose is a symbol indicative of time. Past, present and future are displayed in one simple code. It is the two Peters (sometimes depicted as flowers) and it is the Greek Janus. But more importantly, the flanking leaves, as you have observed, do form a cross, of sorts, and may be akin to the red ribbons, as previously described upon the World card, as here, they too are representative of a nexus (point/cross roads). The flower is representative of the pure bright sun. Some may say the highest chakra (of light/white) with the leaves, as the twin kundalini serpents, but this still falls within what I present as the objective being to reach a point (upon the ecliptic) (or the 23.5º.

lucifall

GRAFLIX1 said:
Vulpecula (Fox)

Great Thread Graflixi. I agree completely that we are living in a very special time with great cosmic events. And yes i also see these events depicted in the tarot cards.

I am sure someone already found this one. But there is also a fox in the RWS on the Death card (Scorpio), with his nose in the radiance of the sun.

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/926/rc2iaefcha.jpg

I cropped the death card and sharpened it. I see a fox with his nose pointing to the left tower on the death card. The nose touches the radiance of the rising sun in the East.

Unfortunatelly I missed the lunar-eclipse on the 21-12-10 and the Sun eclipse of 04-01-11 as the weather in my country was clouded and misty. But i was very fortunate to witness the conjunction of Venus and the Moon on the 3th of december 2010!
On this day, the empress (Venus) was depicted in heaven as she should be: the lady crowned with 12 stars and the Moon on her feet! (As the BOTA tarot depicts the Empress)

When we put the worldcard(21) above the hanged man(12) we also see a cross. The crux ansata. The Ankh. 21-12.
(maybe this is also mentioned earlier, than sorry for repeat it)

Please go on with this thread GRAFLIXI! It is an eyeopener, for sure.

Further I like to point out, for all other thinkers, please note that the Head Role of the Major Arcana is that of the Fool. Also note that ALL great inventors and wise man in history, with other unconventional ideas always were mixed up with FOOLS!
Only later, the mass, discovers, the wisdom......... and then these fools are called Wise Men!
Try to find what really is valuable: OPEN YOUR EYES and don't stay stucked in already formed ideas, That is in my opinion exactly what tarot is not about.
Tarot means growing and transmuting with open eyes and a blank brain.

Light Luci

GadgetGirl

Righto I consider myself fairly new to tarot and have been trying to follow this mind bending thread....

But could someone please give me the "Dummies Guide" to what this all means?

What does all of this planetary alignments and movements and whathaveyou's signify?